+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I checked it around 12 30 pm. I went for my remedical on last Monday that is 11 Jan and yes submitted the medical sheet through webform and also replied on the notification mail I had received from ircc. Hopeful to hear some good news from them soon.
Thanks you

I hope you hear from IRCC soon :)

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
thankyou @crackMBA and @whyCorona

This could be a ‘find pin in the haystack’ kind of question, but would you be able to know (from your experience answering so many queries) the timeline for receiving the copr request post remedicals, considering that the process was approved and completed once.
No timeline, could be anything between 10-45 days as per my experience.

Last edited:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Are they thinking of banning entire world or south american countries only?If they ban flights from India travel bubble will still be operational right?Even when earlier they had banned pr citizens and copr were allowed..What do you all think.
Bhai. Do not panic. I know situation is tough but they are not going to ban anything for now. Do not panic.

akl2312

Dec 19, 2020
Update regrading the soft-lading with expired CoPR and AL:
We did a soft landing through the land border at Fort Frances Bridge. Initially we were thinking about crossing through Grand Portage, MN/ Pigeon River, but after reading a post in Ask Kubeir Post PPR group, decided to go to International Falls, MN/Fort Fran Bridge.

Canadian border post:
With the Ontario lockdown and travel ban for non-essential travels, the border was free from traffic. There was one lorry in front of us and it got cleared within 5 mins. As we proceeded to the booth, we were greeted by an officer and wanted to see our passports and reasons for the visit. Told him about the PR and the plan to return to US once we finalize the process here. He took around 10~15 min to go through the expired visas, expired CoPRs, ALs; then asked us to pull over in front and wait in the vehicle for someone to come (kept all the documents with him). Two officers came shortly after and were asking about email address, phone number, address, any firearms/alcohol/tobacco etc. Then a lady officer came and informed us that she will be processing our paperwork for permanent residency and this is her first time of doing so. We were instructed to stay in the vehicle, and she went back to the office. Took about 3 hrs to finish the whole process including goods to follow (GTF). At the end we were asked to sign the CoPRs, GTF and welcomed as permanent residents. As we are going back on the same day, she said quarantine rules are not applicable, but reminded-not to visit anywhere in Canada and it is best if we return to US from there itself. Told her that is exactly what we were looking for. Made a turn to enter US after thanking her for the help. All the officers were super friendly, and the process was smooth.

US Border Post:
Similarly, no traffic. There was one car in front of us and it got cleared in about 10 mins. We were asked about the documents. Handed over valid passports, expired passports with expired visas, i20s and most recent i94s. As a backup I kept the printouts from the travelstateusa.gov and CBP websites regarding automatic visa revalidation rules but didn’t have to present it. The officer went inside to discuss with someone probably and came back to ask about questions like.….how long we have been living in US, when did we go to Canada, How long we are planning to stay in US, when we are moving to Canada permanently, Questions around my studies, Jobs etc. After that he returned all the documents and said welcome to US. I checked the passports and observed there is no entry stamps. Asked about the same and he confirmed that we won’t be needing any, it is checked and validated in the SEVIS itself. We thanked and took off. Overall process was done within 15 mins.

All the best. I hope this helps.

Disclaimer: Although I hope that it works for everyone, it is not guaranteed. Please do some research on your own and decide for yourself whether taking the risks. I just wanted to share our experience and provide details around it, so you have some idea about what to expect.
Great ! Congratulations !! One question, did they agree to process the PR cards as well and send them to a Canadian address ? I heard in some cases they are not processing PR cards on soft landing...

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi, question for people who recently landed: what kind of proof is required for the place of quarantine? I will be staying in the apartment of my friends who are not in Canada. So I will be alone there. Do i just need to provide the address or it needs to be somehow booking or what? Thanks
Get a letter from your friend that he is offering his apartment and he will not be staying in there. You may not need to show this to anyone. You need to put the address on ArriveCan app.

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
Authorization Letter
Below is the response i got when i raised Webfrom for AL.

We have verified the information you provided. For further information regarding your enquiry, please refer to the email that was sent to you on January 7, 2021

We recommend that you also verify your junk mail folder, since emails may be rerouted there if your email program is set to filter or block emails coming from outside of your contact list.

Furthermore, since this letter was sent by email, it will not be available in the messages section of your online account.

If you have not received our email, you may advise us by using the IRCC Web form and it will be our pleasure to send it back to you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

TechyVishal

Dec 22, 2019
Below is the response i got when i raised Webfrom for AL.

We have verified the information you provided. For further information regarding your enquiry, please refer to the email that was sent to you on January 7, 2021

We recommend that you also verify your junk mail folder, since emails may be rerouted there if your email program is set to filter or block emails coming from outside of your contact list.

Furthermore, since this letter was sent by email, it will not be available in the messages section of your online account.

If you have not received our email, you may advise us by using the IRCC Web form and it will be our pleasure to send it back to you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Hey, did your GC key account is also updated with new counterfoil valid till 27 February 2021 on 7 January 2021?

Also, have you received the AL so far, since the above webform reply says that AL has been mailed on 7 January itself!

Growthhacker2021

Jan 11, 2021
let's wait and watch. these are just speculations. Canadians are travelling freely out of the country for vacations and these bans are proposed in that context.
Hello @legalfalcon

I received an email on 16th Jan 2020 regarding my upfront medicals that I did on 16th Dec 2020 before receiving the request from IRCC.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

I also got my Medicals done gain with the IME number (IMM 1017E) on 13th Jan ..

So which medicals would be updated faster in the system?

Also I got a Request Letter asking For IMM 5669E Schedule A. Is this a step towards PR?

Growthhacker2021

Jan 11, 2021
Yes, any address where you are going to quarantine. Make sure you fulfill all the requirements of quarantine.
Hello @crackMBA

I received an email on 16th Jan 2020 regarding my upfront medicals that I did on 16th Dec 2020 before receiving the request from IRCC.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

I also got my Medicals done gain with the IME number (IMM 1017E) on 13th Jan ..

So which medicals would be updated faster in the system?

Also I got a Request Letter asking For IMM 5669E Schedule A. Is this a step towards PR?