+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hello @whyCorona . & @crackMBA

Firstly I thank you for your help and insights to all our fellow immigrants here.

I require your help with my case.

I'm AOR 16th December 2019.

Actually my medicals expired in Dec 2019. So I decided to call up IRCC and was informed by an Agent that my medicals have been extended upto April 30th 2021.

However when the same wasn't reflected in my account, my Agent asked me to go for another upfront medical exam. I did that on 16th December 2020 & submitted the same by uploading e Medical information sheet but didn't get any response from IRCC.

However today I got a message in my account asking for a Remedical Request.

Now I am confused that if I should go for the medical again (For the 3rd Time)?

Or if the medicals which I did around 20 days back would be updated in the system.

My GCMS notes say Ready for Approval since 25th May 2020 and no action thereafter.

I would highly appreciate your help with this.
I hope everything goes well, mate. Clearly, It's no your fault since your representative has instructed you to do a re-med without being asked. but an overwhelming majority of these representatives (not all) are really stupid; they just don't know what they're doing. But to others: just don't do it. Why would one give up the chance of a free extension and instead go for a re-med without being asked? The instruction in the GCkey account says" You do not need a medical examination. We will contact you if we need one". Let's even imagine doing so would make the process faster, but what if, god forbid, a new medical condition has developed since the last examination and re-med would expose it? Why would one even choose to go through another chest X-ray without it being necessary?
I hope everything is fine Growthhacker2021 and you get your CoPR soon. Please inform us of any development.

Pilotqueen

Mar 17, 2020
Hello! Just an quick update.

My husband sent an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on Jan 07 requesting an AL letter to be able to travel to Canada to reunite with me (spouse). I reside in Canada on a work permit. He has a valid COPR and one time immigrant visa which expires may 30, 2021.

He received an email on Jan 11 confirming that our AL has been approved. So he would just have to print that letter , his valid COPR , his immigrant visa stamped in his passport and do a negative COVID test and fly to Canada.

I hope I am right??!! Thank you!

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hello! Just an quick update.

My husband sent an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on Jan 07 requesting an AL letter to be able to travel to Canada to reunite with me (spouse). I reside in Canada on a work permit. He has a valid COPR and one time immigrant visa which expires may 30, 2021.

He received an email on Jan 11 confirming that our AL has been approved. So he would just have to print that letter , his valid COPR , his immigrant visa stamped in his passport and do a negative COVID test and fly to Canada.

I hope I am right??!! Thank you!
AL has been approved??? But where is his AL?

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Its Big News for me today. Morning only i sent a post here stating that i dint receive anything .
But i just received call my case officer and she confirmed that she is going to issue me an "AL" to my online account by evening today. I was so happy.
One thing i dint clear that she said she is going to issue that only to my family, i am quite confused, i am inside canada however i dint do my landing yet.
when i ask that question, she told my status will get changed something like that, due to excitement i couldn't ask further. is anybody in my situation ? @13nitinsharma @whyCorona

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello @whyCorona . & @crackMBA

Firstly I thank you for your help and insights to all our fellow immigrants here.

I require your help with my case.

I'm AOR 16th December 2019.

Actually my medicals expired in Dec 2019. So I decided to call up IRCC and was informed by an Agent that my medicals have been extended upto April 30th 2021.

However when the same wasn't reflected in my account, my Agent asked me to go for another upfront medical exam. I did that on 16th December 2020 & submitted the same by uploading e Medical information sheet but didn't get any response from IRCC.

However today I got a message in my account asking for a Remedical Request.

Now I am confused that if I should go for the medical again (For the 3rd Time)?

Or if the medicals which I did around 20 days back would be updated in the system.

My GCMS notes say Ready for Approval since 25th May 2020 and no action thereafter.

I would highly appreciate your help with this.
Raise a web form and explain that you have already taken your medical. Attach your medical receipt with it. Medicals takes 2-3 week to get uploaded into the system and seeing the holidays during Christmas week, it might have got delayed.

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hello @13nitinsharma , @whyCorona @crackMBA
Now I am in a very weird situation. I need your input on this. Here are the details.
I am living in Canada and my COPR expired. dint do my landing .
My dependent (wife and daughter) lives in India. Their COPR also expired.
As all out PR approved prior to March 18, we are exempted to travel.
after lot of follow up on RTT, i got remedical request for my wife alone on Dec 21st. and that was done and application was updated as "Passed" on 23rd.
Today I received AL only for my wife and daughter. Prior to issue AL, i received a call from the case officer and she confirmed that she is going to issue AL to my wife and daughter alone as i am inside Canada and she does the same in 15 min after i had a call with her.
I asked that i am also expecting AL as i dint do my landing yet and as a primary applicant , i have to do my landing 1st. But she refused to do that and told that absolutely not need to go out and do the landing in the case i am now inside canada. after i explained Borderclosed and In-person Interview cancelled situation, she said she will discuss with her supervior and call me back. After 15min later, she called me again and told that, she checked with her supervisor and she/he confirmed that , i will be getting virtual landing within next 60 days or the day when my family landed in the Airport, that office will call and do the virtual landing for my self as well on the same day. So she strongly told that she is not going to issue AL and she said it is our problem/process to making sure that you all do your landing and absolutely the immigration officer at Airport is not going to return back your family members and she disconnected the call.

i dont remember anyone in this group had this situation, i really dont know what to do. I have the end date till March 11,20201 and my counterfail still not updated yet. Please help me and provide me your input. Thanks. :(

Last edited:

EESH

Apr 16, 2019
Hello everyone! Just have a quick question. Any one that has received the "are you ready to travel to Canada soon" email and was not ready to travel at the time so didn't reply to the email, but was ready to travel after, have you guys been able to receive a new extension, or new COPR or any communication about being able to move to Canada?

Thank you!
Same boat with you on receiving the mail and not replying. Would be interesting to know what will be the process once we can actually travel

surjitsk

Feb 12, 2018
AOR: 18.09.2019
VO Ottawa
CoPR Approved: 15.01.2020
CoPR Expired: 12.08.2020
Raised several "Ready to Travel" webforms in the months of Oct and Nov 2020 but have not received any 4 or 7 pointer emails nor any updates on my GCKey profile. Any idea when I will get the AL??

Reactions: abhishekmishra19

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hey Guys,

After a long and tedious wait and documentation, I have finally received the AL.

AOR: 29th Aug, 2019.
COPR: 15th Mar, 2020
Expired: 28th July 2020
Travel and Q plan: 16th Aug, 2020
Raised webforms and received generic replies
Numerous GU's in 3 months
No 4pt or 7pt email
Received re-meds: 21st Dec, 2020
Re-meds completed: 23rd Dec, 2020
Updated on GC key: 31st Dec, 2020
GC key updated with New COPR : 11th Jan, 2021 just before midnight.

Received AL with validity up to March 2021 in the email at 00:11 on 12th Jan, 2021.

For the folks who are waiting, your time is coming soon! Stay Positive, Stay Strong!

Last edited:

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
When do you plan to fly?
Also when you received the email that your gc key was updated, at approx what time did you receive the email?
Flying on coming Tuesday.
Next day you receive the notification email that account has been updated.