+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Did anyone else receive the above questionnaire from IRCC with medical extension?
It looks like a different version of 4pt email.

@aggarwalishaan : Here you go. Let me know if anyone has got this.

@thebluetung I am talking about this questionnaire. Did you receive this email with questionnaire?
Hey I received this after they updated my GCkey with new counterfoil. What did you guys fill up?. Did anyone get an AL after sending this ? and how long did it take to receive it?

Last edited:

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
If you are moving to Ontario. Yes they are covering people from day 1 but Health insurance does not cover everything such as dental, eyes, physio, chiropractor etc.
I am moving to Ontario but I thought health card takes 2-3 months. How would I go to a hospital without the health card? Just wondering

amit123nik

Jan 15, 2019
Hi All

i just received this email from cpc-ctd-ottawa

the contents of the email are below

Background:

I had received my COPR before 18 mar 20 and had expired in june 2020. since then have sent them about 4-5 webforms about ' ready to travel'. until now I have only received automated replies ( not even the 4 pts or 7 or 8 or any). I thought I will be patient and wait for them to reply.

my latest web form contained a plan to demonstrate my ability to be able to sustain and my future plans.

in my previous form, I had attached
1) Current bank statement
2) screenshots of availability of flights (Mumbai to Toronto) for the next whole month
3) screenshots of availably of an Airbnb for the entire whole month
4) I had even mentioned that I have an international credit card that would let me order groceries/medications online to my airbnb.

I thought I will proactively share my plans to help my application.

I am honestly worried as to what constitutes a "demonstrate an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada including proof of funds and a plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services "

Anyone here who has received an AL and shared a plan that worked, I will be extremely thankful for that. I am extremely worried as it has been so long ( am sure there are many who have been waiting) and there's no end to this.

eagerly waiting for some assistance.

thank you all
god bless

Hi all

Giving an update on this previous post. I just got an email titled "Are you able to travel to Canada soon?" from IRCC asking me to fill out a questionnaire and reply within 10 days. As per the content of the emails, it says that my medicals have been extended till 28th Feb 2021 and I should travel before that, if I don't "
This validity may not be further extended, without you re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them.

I just had a couple of queries.

- i am a little skeptical about going in the middle of winter and wanted to check if I can do my medicals proactively will they allow me to travel later?
- if anyone has filled this questionnaire, how soon did they reply to this questionnaire.

would be extremely thankful and grateful for the assistance.

thank you
Good luck.

tortortor

Feb 1, 2020
I am moving to Ontario but I thought health card takes 2-3 months. How would I go to a hospital without the health card? Just wondering

You are eligible for Ontario healthcare after you register. Then you will be given a paper document that is valid until your health card arrives (3-4 weeks since registering). But there is a catch: to register you will need a proof of address in Ontario (utility bill, bank statement, etc.) and they are very strict about that - many rejected applications. Driver license is also accepted and this may be the easiest path. During your quarantine study Ontario road rules. After quarantine you can immediately go to any of the test centers (they are still open, no appointment necessary, just walk in) and take the knowledge test on a computer. If you pass, after 10 days you will receive your driver license document and it can be used to apply for the health coverage. They will put any address you give them on the driver license, even a hotel address - they do not check.

If you decide to go with a bank statement, you will be waiting 5-6 weeks till your first bank statement arrives (credit card delivery letter is not a valid proof of address). Hope this helps!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
You are eligible for Ontario healthcare after you register. Then you will be given a paper document that is valid until your health card arrives (3-4 weeks since registering). But there is a catch: to register you will need a proof of address in Ontario (utility bill, bank statement, etc.) and they are very strict about that - many rejected applications. Driver license is also accepted and this may be the easiest path. During your quarantine study Ontario road rules. After quarantine you can immediately go to any of the test centers (they are still open, no appointment necessary, just walk in) and take the knowledge test on a computer. If you pass, after 10 days you will receive your driver license document and it can be used to apply for the health coverage. They will put any address you give them on the driver license, even a hotel address - they do not check.

If you decide to go with a bank statement, you will be waiting 5-6 weeks till your first bank statement arrives (credit card delivery letter is not a valid proof of address). Hope this helps!
I have an expired Ontario health card when i was on work permit in canada in 2014? i think I can use it to renew the health card without submitting the address proof. Please let me know if you think otherwise.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
After applying, you can get a paper confirmation. You can use that till you get your physical card in the mail (that takes 2-3 months)