17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Pls help .

Our copr ( approved before March 2020 and we are from usa) expired in April 2020 and we informed IRCC we can’t travel because of covid and they extended automatically our medical to April 2021.

Now we are expecting our first kid who is due in April 2021 and being pregnant we can’t travel now before the new medical expiration date . In this scenario , even after kid is born , we probably need sometime as we need to get kids usa passport and other stuff like adding kid to application and all which might take 3-5 months after kids birth .

With this scenario , should I go ahead and request IRCC to re extend the medical or give a new medical date or other alternative ? Will they even consider this ? Will AL be issued

Any helpful suggestions are welcome

@legalfalcon @Canaspirant xyz @13nitinsharma
If you contemplate not to travel for the next 3-5 months, there is no need to inform IRCC. After your child is born, inform IRCC of the change in family composition. Your current COPRs will be cancelled and new ones will be issued after your child is added to your application.

As regards medicals, IRCC will assess them when they send you new COPRs. They may extend them or ask you for re-meds.

ksivasai

Nov 3, 2017
For folks based from USA.

Is AL required even to travel ? There is a link in IRCC which says from USA with expired copr for ones issued before March 2020 can travel for non -disclosurary reasons .
Does that mean , we can just drive to the border with the expired copr and with a 14 day quarantine plan ?

nik7484

Jul 31, 2018
Hi Guys,

As new in this thread.... my situation is as below :

PPR 19/10/2020
CoPR 04/11/2020
CoPR expiry 07/03/2021

I couldn't travel because of the restrictions, and I have doubts I can do before Mach 7th.

My question is After my COPR is expired, will Medicals be extended or should proceed again with remedical ?

Thanks for support.

thanks for the new thread, I'm collecting information to apply for my PR. Did you applied within or outside Canada?

SARA KHAN

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Canada

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Pls help .

Our copr ( approved before March 2020 and we are from usa) expired in April 2020 and we informed IRCC we can’t travel because of covid and they extended automatically our medical to April 2021.

Now we are expecting our first kid who is due in April 2021 and being pregnant we can’t travel now before the new medical expiration date . In this scenario , even after kid is born , we probably need sometime as we need to get kids usa passport and other stuff like adding kid to application and all which might take 3-5 months after kids birth .

With this scenario , should I go ahead and request IRCC to re extend the medical or give a new medical date or other alternative ? Will they even consider this ? Will AL be issued

Any helpful suggestions are welcome

@legalfalcon @Canaspirant xyz @13nitinsharma
Inform CIC about your current situation. Your application will remain open till the time you submit all your child documents to add in your application. Most likely, you guys will receive new medicals request and will be issued new PPR at later stage. This process will take some time to complete, so for now, submit webform and inform CIC about your current situation.

minarafik88

Nov 13, 2019
Hello all , I received my authorization letter this week . And it contained this paragraph
At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:
bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa .
So if i understand correctly i don't need to send my passport to vsf office to get a visa on my passport right ?

Raqs101

Aug 22, 2020
Hello all.. Does anyone waiting for IRCC to send new counterfoil stamped passports? I sent mine on 21st December and no update since..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This is really confusing. Immediate family members of PR don’t need new COPR to travel you mean? They can travel with expired COPR???

Any person who travels to Canada, unless exempt from a visa, needs a valid visa to travel. If. person has a valid visa, then too, unless they are exempt from travelogue to COVID restrictions, they need an authorization letter.

In your case, since you are a landing PR, your immediate family (spouse and dependent children), do not need a AL to travel. If they have an expired COPR, they can travel on that, or ask for a new COPR to be issued to join an immediate family member since they are exempt from travel.

If you do not have any exit control in your country of residence, i.e. the authorities do not check who leaves the country or if they have a valid visa to travel, it is for the airlines to ensure that the person has valid travel documents.

dodge_JJ

Jan 10, 2021
Hi
I have been a silent observer this forum has been really helpful. I needed some guidance from the amazing people here. My wife and I received COPR on 18th Mar 2020 with an expiry date of 1st Sep 2020. However, like most of us we couldn't travel. My GC account was updated on 9th Nov 2020 stating 'Medicals passed' and I received the 4/7 pointer mail on 18th Dec to which we replied the same day. We have not got any update post that. We have raised multiple webforms and fortunately I have a job offer with joining date as 18th Jan. Q1 - Does it mean that our medicals were extended? Q2 - Any suggestions on how can we expedite this? Our VO is Sydney, Nova Scotia
Can anyone help us on this?

Dhafernoori

Jan 10, 2021
Hi, I am loving this forum and finding it really helpful ... Quick question, I submitted my passport and now I am waiting for the visa stamp and COPR ... my question is, if I receive the COPR and immigrant visa, can I travel to Canada, or are there travel restrictions because of COVID-19?
Again, thanks a lot for help.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
@13nitinsharma Hey, I need some help with something. I haven't received my AL yet although my COPR is updated on my profile with extension till feb end. My travel agent suggests i carry a Hard copy of updated COPR(which i suppose we cant since it required me to send my passport to the office and receive those documents with them). So if anyone has traveled through Airindia and successfully landed in Toronto. Please help me out what documents i need to carry??

Preet21

Jan 9, 2017
Hello all, I just have a quick question. Can my dependent family (spouse & kids) members board a flight with valid COPR but expired PRV? The principal applicant is in Canada. Also, do I need Authorization Letter to travel? or not required?. A response in the form of quick clarification would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
When
@13nitinsharma Hey, I need some help with something. I haven't received my AL yet although my COPR is updated on my profile with extension till feb end. My travel agent suggests i carry a Hard copy of updated COPR(which i suppose we cant since it required me to send my passport to the office and receive those documents with them). So if anyone has traveled through Airindia and successfully landed in Toronto. Please help me out what documents i need to carry??
When did you receive the update in your gckey account?
I'm also on the same boat.