+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

TTGT

Dec 26, 2020
Hey everyone! We got our AL early this morning.

Even though the agent clearly gave us the wrong information, I guess the phone call helped after all! Huge thanks to @Penumetcha. If you didn't suggest calling IRCC, I would have never tried.

Our letters begin with:

Important notice: To protect Canadians from a new strain of COVID-19, passenger flight
restrictions that limit travel to Canada are now in place for individuals travelling from or transiting
through certain countries. Starting January 7, 2021, air travellers 5 years of age or older will be
required to present a negative COVID-19 test result to the airline prior to boarding international
flights bound for Canada. Please consult How COVID-19 is affecting immigration to Canada for
the latest information before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada.

Please note that this e-mail is your letter of authorization and that no additional
attachments or documents will be provided. Also note that all the dates in the letter are in
the format YYYY/MM/DD.

---------

Perhaps they were waiting for the new testing requirement to send out ALs to those of us who had out details updated in Dec 2020? Hoping everyone gets their letters soon!

hey guys, this is such a great forum. I've been trying to follow to understand the documents required to travel to Canada at this time.

We were approved before 18 March 2020.
COPR visas expired in July 2020
COPR visas were extended on 17 Dec 2020 to May 2021

I also noticed people have been getting their AL about 24 hrs after the counterfoils were updated in their account. However, I haven't received the AL or ETA to date. Does this come in our account or as an email?

Do I need the AL to travel or are the new COPR counterfoils sufficient now?

tagging @whyCorona @13nitinsharma as you guys seem to understand and be very up to date with requirements. I appreciate any insight.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019

Even though the agent clearly gave us the wrong information, I guess the phone call helped after all! Huge thanks to @Penumetcha. If you didn't suggest calling IRCC, I would have never tried.

Our letters begin with:

Important notice: To protect Canadians from a new strain of COVID-19, passenger flight
restrictions that limit travel to Canada are now in place for individuals travelling from or transiting
through certain countries. Starting January 7, 2021, air travellers 5 years of age or older will be
required to present a negative COVID-19 test result to the airline prior to boarding international
flights bound for Canada. Please consult How COVID-19 is affecting immigration to Canada for
the latest information before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada.

Please note that this e-mail is your letter of authorization and that no additional
attachments or documents will be provided. Also note that all the dates in the letter are in
the format YYYY/MM/DD.

---------

Perhaps they were waiting for the new testing requirement to send out ALs to those of us who had out details updated in Dec 2020? Hoping everyone gets their letters soon!
Any time!!! Happy for you!!!

BTW
This is what I DMed to few other people whom I thought are on the same boat,,,,

" Did anyone tried calling IRCC call center for Status Update?

Coz, I did and I was shocked when I heard that there is a note placed by Case Officer on 15-Dec-2020 which says AL issued on the same date when my new counterfoil details got updated and my current status changed to Approved. However, not received at my end.

I would highly recommend you guys to send out a Webform and try calling IRCC customer care center because the call center executive can send an alert message via our account to the responsible office mentioning AL is not received. "

Hope this helps!!!

Last edited:

KSAimmCan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
Yes lot of people have travelled and successfully landed with expired CoPR and PRV using AL. @Canada_Pr4u is one of them. If I tagged him correctly.
Thats great to know. I'll check out his posts. Thanks.

Another question I had in mind is if I land in Toronto and board a domestic flight to Calgary, would it be against quarantine policy and cause any objection?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

BTW

Coz, I did and I was shocked when I heard that there is a note placed by Case Officer on 15-Dec-2020 which says AL issued on the same date when my new counterfoil details got updated and my current status changed to Approved. However, not received at my end.

I would highly recommend you guys to send out a Webform and try calling IRCC customer care center because the call center executive can send an alert message via our account to the responsible office mentioning AL is not received. "

Hope this helps!!!
Thanks for this important update.The content of AL has changed!!!Its different from other AL which we saw till now.Who told u that its AL?

Reactions: Penumetcha

Jass88

Oct 3, 2019

BTW

Hope this helps!!!
How can we call ircc from india ??
You have to be in canada as calls from international numbers do not go through.

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Is there anyone here who received the recent mail from ircc if you are ready to travel bofore 31 jan ( or some other date) and replied as No.
I am one of them and now worried about the ircc latest notice on their page that we should not raise rtt any more.
Any body here in the same boat ?
yes, and I only replied a few days before they release that notice. Wish i said yes now...too late anyway so will see what they say.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
Thanks for this important update.The content of AL has changed!!!Its different from other AL which we saw till now.Who told u that its AL?
When I asked for status update,,,the call center executive put me on hold,,,took good 5 mins to check my profile and said there is a note on my profile placed on dec-15 which says "Application approved, Authorization Letter Issued",,,when I told her that I check my GC account and my email like every 5 mins and I did not receive any correspondance of that sought,,,she said she will try to contact the responsible VO,,,,took 2-3 mins and told that she could not reach them,,,instead she sent a message to the VO via my profile/account so that they could take necessary action!!!

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
How can we call ircc from india ??
You have to be in canada as calls from international numbers do not go through.
I got a Canadian (Ottawa) virtual number via TextNow app (Appstore)

This week alone I called them like 3 times!!!

Last edited:

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014

Our letters begin with:

the format YYYY/MM/DD.

---------

Congratulations Buddy!
When are you planning to fly?

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Folks, my account has been updated with new counterfoil details. Yeah, old details are also there. Passport was received by IRCC on December 30 and new details are updated on January 7. Strange part is medicals passed date is still the previous one but new counterfoil has same expiry as the new medical validity.
Check my signature for timeline.
Did you receive any email when your account was updated.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thats great to know. I'll check out his posts. Thanks.

Another question I had in mind is if I land in Toronto and board a domestic flight to Calgary, would it be against quarantine policy and cause any objection?
You can take connecting flights within Canada to reach your destination without an issue.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Anybody knows what they mean by "IRCC will contact the applicants once they are approved"?

How can they know we are ready to travel if we can't send RTTs, and what is there to approve? Any idea on the timeline?
IRCC will contact you and ask you specifically if you can travel or not. They are also in the process of creating a portal for the same, instead of getting multiple Emils and webforms for the same request.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021