+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

drhills

Jan 8, 2021
Hi everyone.....I just received a new counterfoil number with a new expiry date in my online account and my application was listed as approved. My COPR and visa was issued pior to March 18th 2020 and I couldn't travel due to the pandemic and my visa expired. Now.... is there something else i need from IRCC before travelling OR do i just need to show the air lines the new number and fly........not sure what to do at this point. Futhermore, My passport wasn't requested for another visa stamping. the new visa number was just issued on my online account. Do i just need to show this number at the airport before boarding? Please advise. Thanks...

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Folks, my account has been updated with new counterfoil details. Yeah, old details are also there. Passport was received by IRCC on December 30 and new details are updated on January 7. Strange part is medicals passed date is still the previous one but new counterfoil has same expiry as the new medical validity.
Check my signature for timeline.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
@13nitinsharma @crackMBA @whyCorona guys can anyone please tell when can i expect my AL.2 days ago my online account got updated with message that I have passed my medicals.I didnt do remeds.my copre expired on may14th.
There is no specific timeline. I have seen people getting AL as early as 10 days after acct update and as late as 45 days after acc update. So no specific timeline but seeing the current trend, you should receive it soon.

Last edited:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi everyone.....I just received a new counterfoil number with a new expiry date in my online account and my application was listed as approved. My COPR and visa was issued pior to March 18th 2020 and I couldn't travel due to the pandemic and my visa expired. Now.... is there something else i need from IRCC before travelling OR do i just need to show the air lines the new number and fly........not sure what to do at this point. Futhermore, My passport wasn't requested for another visa stamping. the new visa number was just issued on my online account. Do i just need to show this number at the airport before boarding? Please advise. Thanks...
Do not panic. Getting a new counterfoil is a good sign. Just wait for few days you will receive an AL. With AL you can fly.

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hello,
I'm also in the same boat as people above.
COPR Expired: July 2020
Received only generic replies for RTT webforms.
No 4, 7 pointer emails, no remeds no PPR.
Now I've my counter foil updated till 27 feb. Still I've not received anything in email from IRCC.
What could be the next possible thing in my scenario bearing in mind I haven't received any remeds or other emails.
If they are to issue a new AL how long could it take them to email me.
Thanks

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
We
Hey I got an update on my IRCC account .They have updated my COPR counterfoil details only till Feb 27th, 2020.So will I be receiving an AL or passport request?.How long will it take to send a AL or Passport request, because I only have a month to travel ? @13nitinsharma @whyCorona
Were you asked to do remeds?
Did you receive 4 or 7 pointer email.
I'm on the same boat as you, but i didn't receive any 4 or 7 pointer email nor the remeds request.

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Were you
Were you asked for remeds?
I've also got the same updates.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Hi guys., Today my sister's counterfoil got updated and they are valid till nov 2021 until her valid medicals. Her copr expired in april and was issued before march. Now what will be the next step? There are 2 counterfoil old one and new one.
Help appreciated

ctlm_

Jan 7, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon and @13nitinsharma,

I would like to ask if I should email or use a webform in requesting for a AL. I am an extended family member with PRV and COPR. My mother and sibling are PRs who are currently in Canada. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
thank you, does this mean I don't need visa stamp on my passport not even expired? I saw that people whose COPR has been expired are bing asked to bring this letter, with your original COPR and PR Visa wherever in my letter I have only "bring this letter"
Please read your AL email carefully. I would suggest to wait for a week, raise a webform and call IRCC regarding CoPR updation. After that plan your travel accordingly. You are post 18th March 2020 approved application then not sure if airlines would check your CoPR online or not. But its worth to do some homework prior to flying.

Reactions: sumitkamboj88