+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
No I proactively did my re meds on the 5th of January and received counterfoil on the 7th......do you know how long it would take to get AL after counterfoil change?
You could have received your CoPR based on your previous meds or your hospital is working in full nitro boosters mode.

Usually AL should come within 24 hrs of CoPR updation.

drhills

Jan 8, 2021
You could have received your CoPR based on your previous meds or your hospital is working in full nitro boosters mode.

Usually AL should come within 24 hrs of CoPR updation.
My Remeds were updated the same day I did the tests and my status changed to "in process".. New counterfoil was approved soon afterwards.... Now, is it the common trend here to receive AL 24 hours after counterfoil... Or do I have to wait for weeks. I plan to travel next week Wednesday after testing for Covid-19 on Monday... I'm planning on booking my flight today before the price jumps.... Will the current positivity rate in Canada, I'm afraid they may change the rules again . Please what do you advise... Wait for AL... Or book my flight (expecting that AL will come in before Wednesday next week)...

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
1st congratulation on the AL and I hope you got the answer you looking for . do you mind if I ask you two questions
1- is the process you followed to apply for AL is the 6 step process in the following link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html as i was thinking that this process for Visit Visa only , correct me if am wrong?
2- How long it takes to receive the AL?
Thanks in advance
Hi,
1. Yes i followed the same process as you mentioned.
2. They reply in 3-4 weeks. To me they replied in roughly 3 weeks.

Sidunreal316

Sep 18, 2017
Hi All,

My Counterfoil details got updated today in the GC portal to Feb 27, 2021. I see a lot of them received new counterfoil details today.
I did not do my re-medicals.

So next step is waiting for AL? I cannot travel without an AL right? Details of application given below:

Application Approved before March 18, 2020
COPR expired on June 12, 2020
No 4 pointer email was sent to me
Raised 4 webforms with one webform containing details of Quarantine plan, proof of funds, etc.
No remedical request
New counterfoil details updated on Jan 7, 2021

Reactions: pavie24

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
Hi All,

My Counterfoil details got updated today in the GC portal to Feb 27, 2021. I see a lot of them received new counterfoil details today.

So next step is waiting for AL? I cannot travel without an AL right? Details of application given below:

Raised 4 webforms with one webform containing details of Quarantine plan, proof of funds, etc.
No remedical request
My application also updated with same details. Waiting for AL. We can't book tickets until we get AL. New COPR is valid till 27th Feb but in AL they can mention lower date.

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Happy to hear that many of you are getting updates. Did you guys receive any email regarding the same? We didnt receive anything such. Hoping to get the Authorization letter soon.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
My Remeds were updated the same day I did the tests and my status changed to "in process".. New counterfoil was approved soon afterwards.... Now, is it the common trend here to receive AL 24 hours after counterfoil... Or do I have to wait for weeks. I plan to travel next week Wednesday after testing for Covid-19 on Monday... I'm planning on booking my flight today before the price jumps.... Will the current positivity rate in Canada, I'm afraid they may change the rules again . Please what do you advise... Wait for AL... Or book my flight (expecting that AL will come in before Wednesday next week)...
Thats weird... remeds cant be updated in same day. It usually takes around 5 days for hospital to upload the medical report to IRCC and 1 to 2 weeks for IRCC to process your remeds (at least in my case).

It seems that they just extended your previous meds and issued you a CoPR. Booking should be done once AL is issued. You might end up loosing some money if AL issuance takes more time than you are expecting.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi guys., Today my sister's counterfoil got updated and they are valid till nov 2021 until her valid medicals. Her copr expired in april and was issued before march. Now what will be the next step? There are 2 counterfoil old one and new one.
Help appreciated
When did she give remedical? What's her vo?

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hi All,

No remedical request
I'm in the exact same situation, no remeds no other emails. Hopefully we will get the AL by tonight.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
What's your new medical expiry date or whats the validity of your new counterfoil details?Even I got medical passed status after 15+Days.Whats the date mentioned in your medicals?