+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

IgboQueenBee

Oct 18, 2020
Regarding traveling without AL... I would not recommend it. I think even the airline might kick you out from their plane without a proper AL. Check an app called TextNow and how to install it abroad
Hi there. Thanks so much for your reply. Please type travel.gc.ca Travel Restrictions in Google and let me know what you think of the questionnaire. I posted a link earlier, but I know a lot of people are cautious with links. The questionnaire results says I may be able to travel (no mention of need for AL). However, other IRCC webpages say I need AL for COPR issued after 18 Mar 2020. It's so confusing.

Interestingly, the questionnaire webpage only popped up recently, after the 72-hr pre-boarding covid test mandate was announced. So I wonder if it's related. That is, if travellers (valid COPR after 18 Mar) are doing COVID test prior to landing, maybe an AL isn't as necessary anymore, since the COVID transmission risk is low. I originally thought AL was for those with expired COPRs, not valid COPRs.

It just doesn't make sense to me that IRCC would let your COPR expire, just for you to apply for extention, wait weeks to months for a 7 point email, then get a new COPR + AL (maybe). So counterproductive, exhausting available manpower and causing unnecessary anxiety. {sigh}

IgboQueenBee

Oct 18, 2020
You will need a AL. A lot of people have claimed that they travelled on an expired COPR. However, there are multiple factors, where you are from a visa exempt country, where your country has exit control etc.

If the answer is that you need a visa, and your country has exit control, you will need valid visas and documents, and in absence of a valid document an authorisation to travel.
Thanks @legalfalcon for replying. My COPR is valid until mid Feb 2021, issued in Nov 2020. Not in essential work, no family in Canada, not from visa-exempt country.

Can you please clarify who needs or can obtain an authorization letter? Is it those with expired COPR who need an extension, or does it include those with valid COPR issued after 18 Mar 2020?

I know this is a big request, and it's ok if you can't. Would you be able to ring IRCC and ask if valid COPR holders can travel without AL, given the new 72-hr covid test mandate? I'm location-blocked from ringing the 1-888-242-2100 number, and they're not replying to emails or webforms.

Interestingly, the questionnaire webpage on travel.gc.ca only popped up recently, after the 72-hr pre-boarding covid test mandate was announced. So I wonder if it's related. That is, if travellers (valid COPR after 18 Mar) are doing COVID test prior to landing, maybe an AL isn't as necessary anymore, since the COVID transmission risk is low. I originally thought AL was for those with expired COPRs, not valid COPRs.

It just doesn't make sense to me that IRCC would let your COPR expire, just for you to apply for extension, wait weeks to months for a 7 point email, then get a new COPR + AL (maybe). So counterproductive, exhausting available manpower and causing unnecessary anxiety.

Thanks heaps in advance. :)

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Yes I need to travel before March 21, but just if someone is unable to travel till the AL expiration then the application will remain open and then again the new copr and prv will be issued
Thanks for explaining this. Congrats on receiving the AL and all the best with the move :)

Krish_JK

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
1. You wife can travel under the immediate family member exemption on the COPR.

2. If you are in Canada, you will receive an email asking your to create an account and through that you will do the formalities. Once done, you will be asked to submit a photo for the PR card.

a. You will need just AL for your spouse to travel to Canada.
b. YEs, you will get COPR by email, and the you will have to send your photo at the address provided.
c. It will depend on who is the principal applicant. If you are, then IRCC will have to process your COPR and your spouses at the same time to give you an exemption. You should send a webform to IRCC requesting to let you finish the COPR formalities, and allow your spouse to land or do them at the same time.
Hi,
@legalfalcon

This is very clear. Thank you for your comments.

Kindest regards,
Krishna

Reactions: legalfalcon

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Most of the banks in US and Canada open account in both USD and CAD. Like I live in Canada but I have USD account also and I do not work or live in US. You can ask your bank.
What about inr.. the conversion rate is at its peak now.. i dont want to convert all my savings right away.. can i park currency in INR in canada?

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Any idea if after 21st Jan the restrictions on travel will continue or they will exempt the people who got corp after March 2020.

FrenchFamily

Dec 18, 2020
Any idea if after 21st Jan the restrictions on travel will continue or they will exempt the people who got corp after March 2020.
The vaccine is beginning to spread all around the world...
The border restriction dates re now the same for US border and the rest of the world...
There is a new rule with the PCR negative test in order to take a plane to go to Canada...

I'm hoping that all those sign are figuring that the Canada will relax the restrictions and finally authorize people with CoPR after march 18th to come to Canada in order to began their new life...