Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I do not have any idea about applications approved after 18th March 2020 but as far as I know only COPR holders from US are exempted to travel if issued after March 18 2020. Others need to have a AL from IRCC.
Please check online or raise a web form.
Thankyou for your time. I have not been able to obtain a proper information online so might just raise a webform.

Reactions: crackMBA

rt0308

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
does that mean you have to move to Canada before March 21 or can you wait until later since your COPR is valid until Dec 21?
Yes I need to travel before March 21, but just if someone is unable to travel till the AL expiration then the application will remain open and then again the new copr and prv will be issued

Reactions: guocamole

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Nothing got updated in my gc key until now. The status is still approved.
I am now thinking to stop checking my email 30 times a day :D because things happen when you least expect them (sigh)
Totally agree with you. I used to do the same. I stopped bothering much about it and I got that 7pt email. Now waiting for AL.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Totally agree with you. I used to do the same. I stopped bothering much about it and I got that 7pt email. Now waiting for AL.
Thats great :) are you a single applicant? or a family reunification or spouse applicant? (Not sure if these are the correct terms, but i know u'd get it :) )

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thats great :) are you a single applicant? or a family reunification or spouse applicant? (Not sure if these are the correct terms, but i know u'd get it :) )
Haha yeah I gotch you.
This is family reunification. My wife(dependent) got stuck in India because of travel ban. I am already PR. We are on same application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Any thoughts on this link from IRCC? https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions

It appears to be a new webpage (1st Jan 2021). The 'Find out if you can travel' section is a 4-question questionnaire you fill out. My answers were:
1. Foreign national
2. No covid symptoms
3. Not coming from the US
4. Approved PR not yet in Canada

Outcome: "Based on your answers, you may be allowed; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry. You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently."

Does this mean that AL might no longer be required? If you have a valid COPR and are allowed on board a flight, is it wise to just take the chance? Perhaps ALs are for those with COPR expired due to no fault of theirs.

Thank you so much for your response in advance. Xx

You will need a AL. A lot of people have claimed that they travelled on an expired COPR. However, there are multiple factors, where you are from a visa exempt country, where your country has exit control etc.

If the answer is that you need a visa, and your country has exit control, you will need valid visas and documents, and in absence of a valid document an authorisation to travel.

Reactions: IgboQueenBee

nextlevelife

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Is it possible to open bank account online ?
Few months back I did landing process and back to US but I didn’t open bank account then.
Could someone please help me with process of online bank account without going in person ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sorry for the confusion,

I am Krishna residing in Canada. My wife is residing in India, never came to Canada earlier.

Part-1
Our express entry application was approved in March 2020 before the lockdown, and my wife (residing in India) received CoPR and PRV but could not travel due to restrictions. As my wife and myself are on the same application, I cannot receive PR unless my wife lands in Canada. In mid-December 2020, IRCC requested medical re-assessment (for my wife) and sent a 7-point email. My wife's medical passed on Dec 23, 2020. So, we are expecting AL.

Part-2
Two of my friends (who are single and) reside in Canada received a letter from IRCC to submit a photograph for a PR card (instead of conventional PPR - CoPR & PRV issue - PR landing - PR Card). It seems like the new process for the past few months for applicants who are residing in Canada.

My questions (a is related to Part 1 & b. is related to Part 2):
@crackMBA & @legalfalcon
a. As my wife's CoPR expired in May 2020 due to COVID restrictions. We are waiting for AL. Is the IRCC requesting PPR again or just issuing AL in this case?
b. As my wife and I are waiting to hear from IRCC for my wife's AL. I believe I will receive the letter from IRCC to submit the photograph for the PR card directly without PPR and CoPR process for me. Am I right?
c. IRCC is expecting the family members on the PR application to land together. Have you heard or seen any case where the applicant is in Canada, and the spouse is outside Canada - Spouse is exempted from travelling for PR landing? Can the applicant land in Canada while the spouse can land later but within the allowed time frame later? Or Should I, the applicant, has to travel to India or someplace and come back with my wife to land together?

Thank you for your patience,
Krishna
1. You wife can travel under the immediate family member exemption on the COPR.

2. If you are in Canada, you will receive an email asking your to create an account and through that you will do the formalities. Once done, you will be asked to submit a photo for the PR card.

a. You will need just AL for your spouse to travel to Canada.
b. YEs, you will get COPR by email, and the you will have to send your photo at the address provided.
c. It will depend on who is the principal applicant. If you are, then IRCC will have to process your COPR and your spouses at the same time to give you an exemption. You should send a webform to IRCC requesting to let you finish the COPR formalities, and allow your spouse to land or do them at the same time.

Reactions: Krish_JK

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Is it possible to open bank account online ?
Few months back I did landing process and back to US but I didn’t open bank account then.
Could someone please help me with process of online bank account without going in person ?
Most of the banks in US and Canada open account in both USD and CAD. Like I live in Canada but I have USD account also and I do not work or live in US. You can ask your bank.

Reactions: nextlevelife