+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Air Canada flight are operating via New Delhi only ( BLR-DEL-TOR/ VANCOUVER). These flights are non stop between Delhi and Toronto /Vancouver under airbubble agreement between India and Canada.
Thanks,
So I can use this Air Canada flight to travel to Canada even though I am an Indian citizen with valid travel document to Canada. It is not reuired to board only Air India flight right?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon need your opinion on a matter.Recently we gave remedicals and now waiting for next step . Suppose they issue AL with the validity of 60 days or less,my husband might not be able to come as he is a Govt employee and has to give 3 months notice .I am Primary Applicant.So will there be any issue if me and my kids land within the validity of AL?As cic has mentioned on their site that" all applicants included in the application should try to land at the same time."

Secondly what will happen to his file if he doesn't land before AL validity considering that our medicals might be extended for atleast 7-8 months as we gave again in Dec.Will his file be kept open or it will be closed as I will land?What will be the procedure to be followed after that so that he can land in future.Thanks for reading.

Other experts might also suggest.
IRCC instructions currently state that all family member should land together. Earlier you could land separately, but not IRCC is discouraging that.

If you cannot travel together, then the best would be to wait until you can or ask IRCC for a clarification. There is a lot of ambiguity and no clear rules.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
IRCC instructions currently state that all family member should land together. Earlier you could land separately, but not IRCC is discouraging that.

If you cannot travel together, then the best would be to wait until you can or ask IRCC for a clarification. There is a lot of ambiguity and no clear rules.
Thanks a lot.Will try to land together.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Mohdnouman747

Dec 20, 2020
Hi,

Yes, same situation! Ours were updated on the 17th. I just raised a webform to request the AL because I'm seeing others getting - I thought maybe they forgot us lol
Please let me know if there is any update after raising the webform.. will do the same..
Thanks.

abhishekmishra19

Jul 15, 2019
India
Wait for any update seems to be much longer for us. COPR expired on 1st April20. Raised multiple web forms and received generic replies.
Also opened GCMS notes without any inputs.

Still anyone hanging from April20 and waiting for AL/Remeds?

Reactions: lnmora

Pilotqueen

Mar 17, 2020
Hello.
I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to answer my question please?
My husband (primary applicant) who resides in India recieved COPR and passport stamped on dec 28th, 2020.
COPR valid until may 31,2021.
I am the spouse ( Dependant on the application) currently reside in Canada.
Will he be allowed to travel to Canada to reunite with me or does he require an AL?
Only if he lands in Canada , I can get my PR so its really important he lands as soon as possible.
I understand the restrictions.
What are our options?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much
Happy 2021!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello.
I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to answer my question please?
My husband (primary applicant) who resides in India recieved COPR and passport stamped on dec 28th, 2020.
COPR valid until may 31,2021.
I am the spouse ( Dependant on the application) currently reside in Canada.
Will he be allowed to travel to Canada to reunite with me or does he require an AL?
Only if he lands in Canada , I can get my PR so its really important he lands as soon as possible.
I understand the restrictions.
What are our options?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much
Happy 2021!
I do not think dependent can get PR unless Primary lands before or with dependent. As of now he can not come because of travel restrictions. He can apply for exemptions, if IRCC thinks he is eligible. He will be provided an exemption.
He definitely needs an AL.

Reactions: Pilotqueen

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
The group has become quiet and I expect that because people are receiving ALs & COPRs. They may have already landed or just about to in few days/weeks.

"I just want to say please keep an eye on this forum(once a day is fine). Your experience will be very beneficial for someone who is still struggling to get AL & COPR."

Thank you
Thank you guys for reacting to this post. As expected only those reacted who have not received anything from IRCC have reacted.
Anyways, hope everyone gets through this soon.

Last edited:

3WWW

Apr 20, 2019
When is your extended medical expiring?
What kind of email received by you from IRCC? Was it a 7pt email?

Thank you
Yeah they extend my medical until the end of March 2021 (they extended it by around a year from the initial expiry date). Yeah it was the 7pt email where they ask you to confirm that you can fly before the end of your extended medical expiring date. They then used this confirmation to issue me a 60day AL when I actually did not submit a request to travel within the next 60 days. I understand its just a month earlier for me but this will change a lot of my plans in my current country of residence.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Yeah they extend my medical until the end of March 2021 (they extended it by around a year from the initial expiry date). Yeah it was the 7pt email where they ask you to confirm that you can fly before the end of your extended medical expiring date. They then used this confirmation to issue me a 60day AL when I actually did not submit a request to travel within the next 60 days. I understand its just a month earlier for me but this will change a lot of my plans in my current country of residence.
I am also following the same procedure. I am sure you can reply to IRCC and tell about your situation that you can not travel 1 month prior because of certain reasons but I am not sure how much are they going to take to issue you another AL.
If possible, travel now, complete quarantine and come back or wait for another AL. They may ask tp re do Medicals.

Also, how time much did IRCC take to issue an AL after replying to the 7pt email?

Thanks

Last edited:

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi guys I recently applied for travel exemption under extended family member for me my wife and son they only approved my application they refused their applications. We all are copr holders I am the primary applicant. any idea how can I get their travel exemption authorisation.. thanks

usaid75

Apr 4, 2016
hey guys, this is such a great forum. I've been trying to follow to understand the documents required to travel to Canada at this time.

We were approved before 18 March 2020.
COPR visas expired in July 2020
COPR visas were extended on 17 Dec 2020 to May 2021

I also noticed people have been getting their AL about 24 hrs after the counterfoils were updated in their account. However, I haven't received the AL or ETA to date. Does this come in our account or as an email?

Do I need the AL to travel or are the new COPR counterfoils sufficient now?

tagging @whyCorona @13nitinsharma as you guys seem to understand and be very up to date with requirements. I appreciate any insight.
In the same boat, new counterfoil number generated in the account on 18 December but no further instruction yet or AL trough email

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi guys I recently applied for travel exemption under extended family member for me my wife and son they only approved my application they refused their applications. We all are copr holders I am the primary applicant. any idea how can I get their travel exemption authorisation.. thanks
Is you COPR still valid? When was your Visa approved?
Where did you send the request for exemption?