Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
I requested them through email around 3 weeks ago but they only approved my application
Did they explicitly mentioned that your wife and kid cannot travel? Because once you land and become PR, your wife and kid becomes immediate family member and become exempt from travel restrictions! Just a thought

Reactions: hinavin

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Wow! One more hurdle. Could you please confirm where in India are these tests are conducted and how much time does it takes to get the result?
You are in which city?You can find on google which labs are conducting PCR test.You need to get it done withing 72hrs before the flight Apollo does it .All Govt hospitals do it .

Reactions: hinavin

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Did they explicitly mentioned that your wife and kid cannot travel? Because once you land and become PR, your wife and kid becomes immediate family member and become exempt from travel restrictions! Just a thought
Yes They mentioned that like they can’t tra
That’s what they said to them. Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been refused under the COVID-19 Emergency Orders in Council (OIC) pursuant to section 58 of the Quarantine Act.

Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the extended family member exemption. In particular,

• Your family relationship does not qualify as per the definition of extended family members set out in the Orders

dhruv_delhi

Jun 25, 2019
Hi all, Thanks in advance if anyone can answer my query.
I have a COPR and PRV approved before March 18,2020.
I did receive the 4point mail from IRCC back in September but I was not ready at that time to travel at short notice.
I am now ready to travel , can someone help in sharing what is the process?
Also, since now IRCC has updated not to raise any webforms ourselves, is replying to 4pt. mail my only option to request for the AL ?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
You can take the original documented reports with you.While boarding they will check.
I am at my hometown and waiting for original report might not give me enough time to settle few things prior to travelling. I am gonna wait for some feedback after 7th Jan and plan things accordingly. As per site it says that written or electronic documentation showing the negative results for PCR report should be checked while boarding the flight.

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Happy new year everyone! If COPR and medical is expiring in Jan'21, should we expect IRCC to extend the Medical expiry date? Should we contact them? We do not meet the exemption criteria to travel as COPR was issued after 18th Mar'20 nor do we have close family in Canada.
we are on the same boat, also expiring on january 23. got a generic response from ircc when we wrote a webform, stating to inform them if we are ready to travel. but its not make sense because, WE ARE REALLY ready to travel but we are not exempted thats why we wrote asking for an extension but got that response.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I am at my hometown and waiting for original report might not give me enough time to settle few things prior to travelling. I am gonna wait for some feedback after 7th Jan and plan things accordingly. As per site it says that written or electronic documentation showing the negative results for PCR report should be checked while boarding the flight.
but did it mention the reports should be anything less than 72 hrs old ?.I couldn't find it on the website

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Please respond to the email.. change date of landing if you are not comfortable..

I got the email too.

The email is not clear and says - (If you answer “no”, it may not be possible to provide you with any options for travel to Canada in the foreseeable future due to the current travel restrictions.)

I considered not responding to be the same as "no"
Thanks for this, yes you are right. It wasn't clear as I am not sure if this is going to the last chance to get the extension. I will however reply to tell them I am not ready to travel by the given date unless i have absolutely no other choice.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate