COPR and coronavirus

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
@13nitinsharma
@ wick_sran
Please clarify.
COPR issued before 18th March 2020,
new COPR sticker issued after 18th March 2020.
As per the write up on the group it is no where mentioned that the initial COPR was issued prior to 18th March 2020.
Can those people travel only with new COPR?
If no should they request for AL?
What is process to request AL ?

Mahi_PR

Oct 22, 2020
In my view, you are not exempt from travel restrictions, if old approval date not mentioned any where in your new document. I would suggest raise a webform to IRCC and they will either issue AL or can confirm regarding your eligibility to travel. Just my understanding., @whyCorona and @ NitinSharma, please provide your thoughts.

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Hi @All,
Is there anyone who has taken Air Canada Flight from Bangalore to Toronto recently. In the travel websites its mentioned as Air Canada Flight, operated by Lufthansa.
Just curious to know whether Indian citizens travelling to Canada can avail this flight service (considering that it is being operated by Lufthansa and they are currently not entertaining passengers flying to Canada).

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
Kindly help solve our confusion. We got our new CoPR today (Original one issued before 18March 2020). Along with the new CoPR we got our passports stamped with the new visa. Would we still need an AL? How do we get one? Kindly advice
I believe there are two point to consider here .
1) Application Approval Date
2)COPR issue date

My understanding is Traveling to Canada depends on only point 1 which needs to before 18 March 2020

PGJ87

Nov 6, 2020
Is there anyone in this group whose original CoPR was issued prior to 18 th March 2020 and expired. Later on received new COPR and visa stamped on passport and successfully landed on Canada?
If someone can share their landing experience?

3WWW

Apr 20, 2019
I received an authorization letter (AL) yesterday after replying to the email received by IRCC. I clearly indicated in my reply that I intend to travel on the third week of March but the current AL I received expires by 28 Feb which wouldn't give me enough time to complete my notice period with my current employer and get everything sorted out.

" [...] If you are unable to travel before the expiration date of this letter on 2021/02/28, IRCC will leave your PR application open and you will have to go through this CoPR and PRV re-issuance process again when you are able to travel to Canada."

I need your support to understand:
- What is meant by "PR application open and you will have to go through this COPR and PRV re-issuance process again" ?
- Is it possible to not travel by the end of this AL and request a new AL before the expiry of my CoPR which is the end of March 2021?
- What would happen if I reply to them asking them to re-do the medical test and be issued a new CoPR as I won't be able to travel by March 2021?

Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I received an authorization letter (AL) yesterday after replying to the email received by IRCC. I clearly indicated in my reply that I intend to travel on the third week of March but the current AL I received expires by 28 Feb which wouldn't give me enough time to complete my notice period with my current employer and get everything sorted out.

" [...] If you are unable to travel before the expiration date of this letter on 2021/02/28, IRCC will leave your PR application open and you will have to go through this CoPR and PRV re-issuance process again when you are able to travel to Canada."

I need your support to understand what are my options:
- Is it possible to not travel by the end of this AL and request a new AL before the expiry of my CoPR which is the end of March 2021?
- What would happen if I reply to them asking them to re-do the medical test and be issued a new CoPR as I won't be able to travel by March 2021?

Thanks
Another AL wont be issued after this. You need to raise another webform and they will restamp your passport which gonna take sometime for sure.

Recommend you to discuss this with your RM and shorten your notice period or pay them some penalty for leaving early or serve your remaining notice period in Canada. There is no point in delaying the travel just for notice period lol

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Another AL wont be issued after this. You need to raise another webform and they will restamp your passport which gonna take sometime for sure.

Recommend you to discuss this with your RM and shorten your notice period or pay them some penalty for leaving early or serve your remaining notice period in Canada. There is no point in delaying the travel just for notice period lol
How silly of them to issue it to those who are not ready to go and despite requesting thru 8 webforms that I need to travel urgently ..still no AL.And no idea when I will get it even after remedicals.

What if pa lands within validity of AL and secondary applicant is not able to land within AL validity?will his file kept open till new medical validity ?Will PA will be asked why all members have not come?

Reactions: Penumetcha and w_P

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
How silly of them to issue it to those who are not ready to go and despite requesting thru 8 webforms that I need to travel urgently ..still no AL.And no idea when I will get it even after remedicals.

What if pa lands within validity of AL and secondary applicant is not able to land within AL validity?will his file kept open till new medical validity ?Will PA will be asked why all members have not come?
PA can travel and leave behind the dependents only if PA is ready to test his/her patience again in seeking the CoPR extension for his/her dependents.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020

same here buddy. All in good time...

Etty

Jun 6, 2019
Hello People, please I have been a resident of Canada for 3years, now I stepped out of Canada to bring my pregnant wife with me. Our Copr and Prvs were issued and valid. Question is, do I need AL even though my status has changed to Copr holder and will my wife need one too?

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
@crackMBA

COPR issued before Mar 18, 2020 and expired on Jul 14, 2020. Raised RTT forms twice since November but have only got generic replies like "application is in process" and "they are looking into it".. In RTT, I have verbally mentioned that I want to travel ASAP and that I will quarantine. Is there any other detail I can provide to elicit response from them

Specifically, how can I raise CPC/VO specific web form, and what more details can I provide? How can I show quarantine plan (like AirBnB) without having dates finalized?
Can I email them and what email ID to use?
I am in the same boat. I am trying to reunite with my wife in Canada, and I am not getting a single response from them. My COPR expired in May.