+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
NDVO

Hi, my medicals are going to expiry on Jan 22, 2021, i received the same email from ircc replied back but there is no response since 15 days. waiting to hear from them back!
I thought we dont have to reply back to that email unless the applicants are ready to travel to Canada soon. What did you reply back?

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hey Folks,

Checked my profile just now,

Current status used to be "Submitted" with counterfoil numbers vanished and background check, Final decision in progress, medicals passed on 24-Nov-2020.

Primary VO: CPC-Ottawa

Ghost Update (GU):

Final decision: 15-Dec-2020, Approved.

Counterfoils: I can see both old and new counterfoil details now.

Old ones expired on 07-May-2020
New ones valid up until 18-Nov-2021.

Some of my favorite quotes to lift your spirits:

"WHEN THE WORLD SAYS "GIVE UP", HOPE WHISPERS,
"TRY IT ONE MORE TIME".

SOMETIMES YOU "WIN",
SOMETIMES YOU "LEARN".

Awaiting AL/PPR,,, Will keep you updated,,,
Did u gibe remed?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Did u gibe remed?
Yea he did.. one can check another's previous comments by visiting his profile..

He said on 12th December - "The panel physician had uploaded/submitted my re-medicals on 21-Nov, got a ghost update on 24-Nov (Update: medicals passed on 24-Nov) and that's when my current status got changed from "Your action is required" to "Submitted"..."

Reactions: Penumetcha

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I thought we dont have to reply back to that email unless the applicants are ready to travel to Canada soon. What did you reply back?
I think you should respond.. :)
Even though I was not ready to travel on the date.. I responded because the email said "If you answer “no”, it may not be possible to provide you with any options for travel to Canada in the foreseeable future due to the current travel restrictions.".. I thought not responding would be equivalent to "no" :(

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I think you should respond.. :)
Even though I was not ready to travel on the date.. I responded because the email said "If you answer “no”, it may not be possible to provide you with any options for travel to Canada in the foreseeable future due to the current travel restrictions.".. I thought not responding would be equivalent to "no" :(
This is what my email said "

"
If you fulfill all the conditions above, please reply to this email with the message below within 10 days and answer the questions below to help us better understand your situation.

Please respond to this email ONLY if you are sure that you could travel to Canada soon.

Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension.

IRCC will endeavour to respond to you within four weeks."

VPar

Aug 19, 2018
All the people who have received AL or PPRs recently, have anyone completed their re-medicals at Max, New Delhi?

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
hello guys.
My Application got approved this November. My CoPR is valid till next year July. Question is that I got my passports (with PRV) and my CoPR but still whenever I login to my GCKey, my application status says "Your action is required" . What am I supposed to do now? anyone with same situation?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hopefully someone senior in the group is going to advise next step. I am just worried that what if IRCC does not ask to re-do medicals again!!!
If you are not willing to travel now then you need to wait for IRCC to reply back to you when you demonstrate your willingness to travel. Good luck with the timelines for that. If they revisit your application again and if your medicals are expired then you need to do medicals again. BUT when they are gonna revisit your application is a mystery.

Also, there are many who are willing to travel now but are not contacted by IRCC yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: crackMBA

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
hello guys.
My Application got approved this November. My CoPR is valid till next year July. Question is that I got my passports (with PRV) and my CoPR but still whenever I login to my GCKey, my application status says "Your action is required" . What am I supposed to do now? anyone with same situation?
Its not a big deal just raise a webform for CIC account is not updated and wait for travel restriction to pause so that you can travel to Canada within the validity of your CoPR. If you are in the exemption list e.g. living in US or Immediate family member of a PR then you can travel now.

Reactions: cancan90

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Its not a big deal just raise a webform for CIC account is not updated and wait for travel restriction to pause so that you can travel to Canada within the validity of your CoPR. If you are in the exemption list e.g. living in US or Immediate family member of a PR then you can travel now.
Other exemption is if you are from any other country and your job duties fall under essential skills.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Yea he did.. one can check another's previous comments by visiting his profile..

He said on 12th December - "The panel physician had uploaded/submitted my re-medicals on 21-Nov, got a ghost update on 24-Nov (Update: medicals passed on 24-Nov) and that's when my current status got changed from "Your action is required" to "Submitted"..."
Do we have to submit remeds if it says "your action is required".. Mine shows "provided/submitted" to the left column and "required" at the right column?

Last edited: