+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Is anyone here whose COPR expired in 2020 April/May/June? And if they still managed to travel, what was the procedure? And if not, what's the future plan?
T
They have not declined. They just said when you are ready with the the proofs of employment and stay let them know. I don't have a proof coz I don't have a Job in Canada

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi All
just to share my case and support you
I would say stay strong, be positive!
will keep you informed about our travel/landing soon
Good luck!

We are family from Ukraine.
Manitoba PNP
our documents expired on 27.05.20
23-Jul​
ready to travel webform
28-Jul​
IRCC Canada email- was transferred to the responsible office
19-Aug​
4 points Information letter from London
28-Aug​
supported docs and explanation provided to IRCC London
24-Sep​
my email to London with clarification request
02-Oct​
my web to IRCC Canada with clarification request
09-Oct​
email from IRCC Canada - supporting documents were received by the responsible office
19-Oct​
my web to IRCC London with clarification request
02-Nov​
1st ghost update
09-Nov​
2nd ghost update
11-Nov​
email from IRCC Canada - We sent you a message about your application -re medical request
23-Nov​
Medical exam
30-Nov​
3rd ghost update and medical exam passed note
02-Dec​
Request of passports/photo for new PRV and COPRs
07-Dec​
Photographs and passports were dispatched to VFS Global Canadian office in Kyiv
11-Dec​
Email from IRCC received - new counterfoils are issued till Nov'2021. Status-approved
Good to know, you have 11 months to travel now

Reactions: crackMBA and DVsl

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Can you share the content of the letter they sent you? Getting a job offer, under current circusmtances, everything considered is next to impossible.
I wrote on their web form that I have found a home for quarantine. And I am ready to move. I added the address. Got a response but they said they need employment details and permanent home proof.
In your case also,if you have found a home with friends/family you can ask those people for their address or some kind of proof that you will be staying there during and after quarantine.

Then you can attach that document proof along with the IRCC web form. But chances are that IRCC will tell you to send job proof too. (Which is also clearly mentioned on their website). But atleast you might get some response.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
The only option is to fill the web form and wait.
Fill all the details in one go in an organized way. Give attachments where ever possible.

If they do reply, let us know on this thread :)
I already did on Sept 25 and after multiple follow ups, yesterday I received a reply that they have received my documents with my travel request.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I wrote on their web form that I have found a home for quarantine. And I am ready to move. I added the address. Got a response but they said they need employment details and permanent home proof.
In your case also,if you have found a home with friends/family you can ask those people for their address or some kind of proof that you will be staying there during and after quarantine.

Then you can attach that document proof along with the IRCC web form. But chances are that IRCC will tell you to send job proof too. (Which is also clearly mentioned on their website). But atleast you might get some response.
I believe they need booking for quarantine place instead of just informing them. Also, they are very well aware that finding a job from another country is very tough without SIN.
In that case you book air bnb with free cancellation.

Last edited:

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I believe they need booking for quarantine place instead of just informing them. Also, they are very well aware that finding a job from another country is very tough without SIN.
In that case you book air bnb with free cancellation.
Not only for quarantine. They need a proof of permanent stay. Like A rental agreement etc

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019

I sent my last webform on Nov 16th - My wife is in Canada and she's employed there. I sent her lease agreement, proof of funds, employement letters etc. No reponse from them - not even generic acknowledging our documents.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Not only for quarantine. They need a proof of permanent stay. Like A rental agreement etc
When anyone provide quarantine details, they ask for permanent address. When someone provide them with both then they ask for job papers. Its hard to get a job for outlanders with just COPR and travel dates are uncertain due to restrictions. Its basically there way of asking the outlanders to stay at the own country till pandemic gets under control and there`s nothing we can do.