+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at your own risk.

As per my understanding, a COPR holder is a PR only and only when they have landed and a CBSA officer has signed on their COPR document.

As per my understanding, individuals excluding PRs and citizens can apply for visitor visa.

As per my understanding of above, it can be done.

It'll cost about 200 CAD. Risk it and let us know :)
You are correct logically but I have tried dependent work permit for my wife when our application was under process. The permit got rejected and few days after that PR was approved. All this was before pandemic.
So I do not want to risk it at this stage and make it more complicated.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
TODAY'S UPDATE: NDVO APPLICANTS

Everyone, today was a great day for expired COPR applicants whose files are re-processed at NDVO.

More than 30+ applicants confirmed that after submitting re-medicals their applications have been moved from "Approved" to "Submitted" status today.

NDVO is actively working on the COPR expired cases who have submitted re-medicals recently.

Another important note - Please don't pay much attention to review of your new medicals date in your GC Key account. NDVO is least interested to update new medicals date, however they're updating all these details on the backend. A very few % of applicants confirmed that their new medicals are updated in their account too (I have seen only 2 so far).

Chances of receiving PPR email tomorrow: Applicants who submitted their re-medicals last month and when their application went back to "Submitted" status, majority of applicants got PPR on Nov 07 and Nov 21 (Both times, Saturday). This means, you can expect a PPR email if your application is in "submitted" status and you have submitted re-medicals to NDVO.

I wish good luck to everyone who're waiting for PPR email tomorrow, may your wait gets over tomorrow!

As I say always, IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL YOU WIN! :)
what about the people who didnt submit remedicals??? because they didnt get an email

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Ok. With that calculation, I should have received the re-med request by now.
yeah i know some people from the group whose grace meds are to be expired in mid Dec or so and they have got the remeds. hope you will also get the request soon. Did you try to call IRCC?

Reactions: crackMBA

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
My COPR expired due to pandemic. Now consulate has updated it's website stating that they want proofs of stay and employment, only then they will send letter of authorization to travel.

Why would employers prefer people outside Canada? What to mention as expected day of joining to the recruiters?

Also, how to update resume and other job portals with address and phone number that is not a Canadian one?

What's is the point of showing funds in the account at the point of validating COPR?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
yeah i know some people from the group whose grace meds are to be expired in mid Dec or so and they have got the remeds. hope you will also get the request soon. Did you try to call IRCC?
I tried multiple times but it got disconnected automatically. I do not know how to connect with them.

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello,
We are in the same boat. Valid till 8 May. We made booking for 7 April in January but because of all this Covid-19 we don’t what would be the situation in uk after 3 weeks. How did you request to extend and did they provide a reason for declining?
Many thanjs

Is anyone here whose COPR expired in 2020 April/May/June? And if they still managed to travel, what was the procedure? And if not, what's the future plan?