+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone. My COPR expired in July 2020, I submitted web form for inability of travel that time. We are a couple and 1 child in our application.
We are planning to fly in March end to Canada.
Can you please help us with all your experiences, what should we do now?
Are we supposed to mail the IRCC that we will be flying in March 2021. Are there any complications in the process?
Thanks in advance
You can't travel with expired COPR.You need to fill a webform for ready to travel and ask for extension .Refer to ircc site for details.

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
You can't travel with expired COPR.You need to fill a webform for ready to travel and ask for extension .Refer to ircc site for details.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Is the process of extension simple or any complications involved?
How much time it takes from filling of Web Form to getting a Authorization letter?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Is the process of extension simple or any complications involved?
How much time it takes from filling of Web Form to getting a Authorization letter?
Many of us filled numerous webforms starting from June but haven't got any progress yet.Some have got mails asking them to prove their intent for permanent settlement and some gave got remedical request.Very few have got Authorisation letter and landed .Process is not complicated but no timelines.It might take really long to get AL .I wud suggest you read thru the previous posts of this thread to get more idea.

PavD

May 20, 2013
The panel physician had uploaded/submitted my re-medicals on 21-Nov, got a ghost update on 24-Nov (Update: medicals passed on 24-Nov) and that's when my current status got changed from "Your action is required" to "Submitted"...
Oh okay,Thanks. For some reason ours still shows your action is required.I might have to check with my physician.Its alreqdy 2 weeks.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Are your expired CoPR details still there in your GCKey? Wait for midnight or they might have changed the trend as they are dedicatedly working on expired CoPRs now as per @13nitinsharma post earlier.
Nope, they're gone completely; even the table. Now, it looks like before earlier PPR.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Nope, they're gone completely; even the table. Now, it looks like before earlier PPR.
You are almost there.

Is NDVO issuing AL or PPR? There is one case where they issued AL after remeds. I think AL is more beneficial for those who are ready to travel now. This gonna avoid the last hurdle of 2 way courier service as VFS is taking so long in replying to the emails.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
@Lachelle @hinavin Just an update from my side! We have decided to land there before our COPR expires on March 3rd 2021 and have booked our flight tickets on Feb 25th 2021. Now do I have to inform IRCC about this or not required ?
As long as your documents are still valid and you can travel as per their resttictions, you are good to go no need to inform the ircc. Best of luck!

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
@13nitinsharma are we going to hear any news for ppl who haven't received any single response besides generic one?.
Same boat!

Single applicant, CoPR issued on 15th March, 2020 and it expired in July 2020.

Sent travel and quarantine plan in August, followed up with Webforms and received only generic responses so far, multiple GU's in the last few weeks.

Only change I see is the switch between background check and medical passed with dates that were there Pre-PPR.

The signs of progress from Delhi VO or any other working VO is good but not sure how officers are picking applications to review and process for expired CoPR holders?

Thoughts??