+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Raqs101

Aug 22, 2020
Your medicals might be extended to 25th Jan 2021 if you add 6 months grace period from the date of your current CoPR expiry. Chances of getting AL are high if you have demonstrated your willingness to travel.
Hopefully will hear back something from IRCC soon. Any idea about the time it takes to Medical approval to PPR?

Raqs101

Aug 22, 2020
Wow!! That's great news, IRCC haven't asked you to do re-meds.
When did you do your medicals?

My CoPR and medicals expired in Aug 2020. I was just booking for an upfront medicals so they don't come to me in the last minute. Its very hard to get an appointment, as the clinics here are all booked out till March.
Your message is comforting but I'm now in a sort of confusion so as to progress with the upfront medicals.
I did my medicals on 07/25/2019..

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
After so many ghost updates in last week, still my new medical results not updated in portal.
The interesting part is applicants who got counterfoil updated, their new medical details are not updated yet. This means, on the backend your medicals are updated, but its not reflecting on the front end. So relax, thats normal.

Reactions: wick_sran

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Even i m on same boat..let me know about your application. Did they creat new files for dependents? & which is your visa office?
I am not aware of anything like that. Nothing has been communicated to me about anything. I have raised numerous web forms. What about you? What is the status of your file?
I applied from Winnipeg. My Visa Office is Vancouver.

Sonika Sagar

Oct 8, 2020
I am not aware of anything like that. Nothing has been communicated to me about anything. I have raised numerous web forms. What about you? What is the status of your profile?
I applied from Winnipeg. My Visa Office is Vancouver?
No information. Last week connect with IRCC agent and she told that they have received all documents which are required for Ready to travel authorization process. File has been been assigned to an officer but the officer has not accessed it yet. My VO was Sydney. PNP applicant. My husband has landed in june & got PR car. Local Visa office is NDVO.. not getting any update ..

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
No information. Last week connect with IRCC agent and she told that they have received all documents which are required for Ready to travel authorization process. File has been been assigned to an officer but the officer has not accessed it yet. My VO was Sydney. PNP applicant. My husband has landed in june & got PR car. Local Visa office is NDVO.. not getting any update ..
Are you an overseas dependent of your husband(Primary Applicant)? When did your visa expired? Which province?

Sonika Sagar

Oct 8, 2020
Are you an overseas dependent of your husband(Primary Applicant)? When did your visa expired? Which province?
We got COPR in 12 March with the validity till 11 aug.20. I am based at Delhi. My husband decided to land in june 20 but due to covid i stayed back bcoz of my 3 yr old son. PNP from Ontario.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
wats ur case?
I am Principal Applicant(Inland) and my wife is my overseas dependent(Outland). I landed in Feb as directed by IRCC and my wife was supposed to land later on but could not because of the travel ban and now IRCC is only talking about family reunification but no response to any of my web forms.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi, Yesterday my application changed to Submitted Status. Medical Result status updated as "December 7, 2020:You passed the medical exam. ".
I didn't do re-medicals and my COPR expired on 25th July 2020.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? And does anyone has an idea about what will happen next? PPR? AL.

My VO is Ottawa.
Your medicals was extended. Same happened to me last year. I got a 12 months extension

Last edited:
Reactions: Raqs101

Dejavu_44

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Your medicals was extended. Same happened to me last year. Got a 12 months extension
Yea, before this whole pandemic brouhaha, I remember IRCC use to give 12 months extension on medicals in some cases. I wander why they only giving 6 months now

Last edited: