+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SARA KHAN

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Canada
Yes got our copr feb 2020 and got expired in April 2020.. i am currently living in canads and still not landed yet and my dependants are outside canada..patiently wsiting for AL
Hey my husband is also outside canada . But i completed my landing. Do you get any update?

Mr.Sidhu

Jun 4, 2020
Anyone received AL/PPR ,

whom primary applicant completed landing formilites in this year before March??

Last edited:

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi, Yesterday my application changed to Submitted Status. Medical Result status updated as "December 7, 2020:You passed the medical exam. ".
I didn't do re-medicals and my COPR expired on 25th July 2020.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? And does anyone has an idea about what will happen next? PPR? AL.

My VO is Ottawa.
Wow!! That's great news, IRCC haven't asked you to do re-meds.
When did you do your medicals?

My CoPR and medicals expired in Aug 2020. I was just booking for an upfront medicals so they don't come to me in the last minute. Its very hard to get an appointment, as the clinics here are all booked out till March.
Your message is comforting but I'm now in a sort of confusion so as to progress with the upfront medicals.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Thank you!
My timeline :
COPR issue date : 17th Feb 20
COPR expiry date : 8th Sep 20
Raised a webform on 28th Aug to let them know my inability to travel.
Raised another webform on 19th Nov to inform my readiness to travel.
5 Dec - Generic mail stating that they have forwarded my application to relevant office.
8 Dec - email to check on willingness to travel before 4th Feb 2021.
Visa office : Ottawa
Hope this helps!
Hi @SameeraR, congratulations! I have a very similar timeline and still waiting to hear.
Some questions if you don’t mind answering:
1. Did you attach any documents with your willingness to travel Webforms?
2. Do you have an offer letter from a Canadian employer?
3. Which country are you moving from?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (RE-MEDICAL CASES)

3 applicants who submitted re-medicals, confirmed that they got their new counterfoil updated in their GC Key account today (validity till November, 2021).

Their application have been moved back to "Approved" but they have not received AL or PPR email yet, so let's wait for more updates soon!

Please do check your GC Key accounts if you've submitted your re-medicals.

My observation - In such scenario, applicants will definitely receive AL instead of PPR email. Generally, when your new counterfoil details are updated before PPR email or any other communication, in this scenario AL is triggered.
After so many ghost updates in last week, still my new medical results not updated in portal.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Thank you!
My timeline :
5 Dec - Generic mail stating that they have forwarded my application to relevant office.
Hope this helps!
Hi @SameeraR, congratulations! I have a very similar timeline and still waiting to hear.
Some questions if you don’t mind answering:
1. Did you attach any documents with your willingness to travel Webforms?
2. Do you have an offer letter from a Canadian employer?
3. Which country are you moving from?
Exactly same situation: Raised RTT on 19-Nov and only got a generic reply on 3-Dec.
Have the same questions as @ksk1947
And is that the 4-pointer email you got on 8-Dec?

Reactions: SameeraR

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
IRCC sent an email today that they have extended my parents medicals till Feb 26, 2021. The COPR was initially issued on March 15, 2020.
IRCC also says that "the medical exam validity may not be extended further without re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them" if they decide to travel after Feb 26, 2021.
I have couple of questions:
1. My parents are still not comfortable travelling by flight. Has anyone else received this email? what happens if we ignore this email and let the medicals expire? is there a possibility that IRCC might allow one more medicals to be done and extend the COPR again?
2. Can my parents quarantine in my house with me, my wife and kid?
3. What other guidelines do they have to follow when flying from India and before landing Canada
Congratulations!! When did their COPR expire?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Disclaimer: Follow my advice at your own risk

As of now, IRCC seems to be extending medicals for 6 months..Who knows what'll happen in Feb :)

BTW, just read news Canada would be receiving vaccines from Pfizer before Dec end.
Then they may say. Get yourself vaccinated and come to Canada. This is not going anywhere

ann12345

Jul 8, 2020
Please consider to travel.

The mail says "If you answer 'no', it may not be possible to provide you with any options for travel to Canada in the foreseeable future due to the current travel restrictions."

IRCC sent an email today that they have extended my parents medicals till Feb 26, 2021. The COPR was initially issued on March 15, 2020.
IRCC also says that "the medical exam validity may not be extended further without re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them" if they decide to travel after Feb 26, 2021.
I have couple of questions:
1. My parents are still not comfortable travelling by flight. Has anyone else received this email? what happens if we ignore this email and let the medicals expire? is there a possibility that IRCC might allow one more medicals to be done and extend the COPR again?
2. Can my parents quarantine in my house with me, my wife and kid?
3. What other guidelines do they have to follow when flying from India and before landing Canada

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi, Yesterday my application changed to Submitted Status. Medical Result status updated as "December 7, 2020:You passed the medical exam. ".
I didn't do re-medicals and my COPR expired on 25th July 2020.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? And does anyone has an idea about what will happen next? PPR? AL.

My VO is Ottawa.
Your medicals might be extended to 25th Jan 2021 if you add 6 months grace period from the date of your current CoPR expiry. Chances of getting AL are high if you have demonstrated your willingness to travel.

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
Thank you!
My timeline :
Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Reactions: SameeraR

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Yes got our copr feb 2020 and got expired in April 2020.. i am currently living in canads and still not landed yet and my dependants are outside canada..patiently wsiting for AL
I am in similar situation. I have landed in Canada and my dependent is outside Canada with expired COPR but no news from IRCC.