+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
Hi,
I received a four-pointer email on 29 Sep 2020 and replied on 1 Oct 2020. Today I received a ghost update in my profile. When I checked, I noticed a final decision update along with the new counterfoil. The final decision said, "October 21, 2020, your application was approved. Check your message below for details."

I see a new counterfoil document added with the expiry date mentioned as 31 Jan 2021. Apart from this, I have not received any other notification from IRCC. I have not even received an email from IRCC. What exactly does this mean? Will I be receiving any information from IRCC soon?

I am blank on what to do next? Should I be receiving AL?

My Timeline
Invitation: July 24, 2019
AOR: August 24, 2019
Medical passed: September 9, 2019
Application approved: March 5, 2020
CoPR: March 15, 2020
4-pointer Email: September 29, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 1, 2020
Ghost update and new counterfoil: October 21, 2020

Appreciate your valuable comments. Thank you

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Anyone from US got any new update? Today I got another useless email saying 'your case is being worked on'. I raised ready-to-travel webform about 2 months ago and nothing since then.
I raised ready to travel webform a month ago and got two emails, one was generic and the other mentioned that your file will be reviewed shortly and nothing since then.

Reactions: mgodara

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,
I received a four-pointer email on 29 Sep 2020 and replied on 1 Oct 2020. Today I received a ghost update in my profile. When I checked, I noticed a final decision update along with the new counterfoil. The final decision said, "October 21, 2020, your application was approved. Check your message below for details."

I see a new counterfoil document added with the expiry date mentioned as 31 Jan 2021. Apart from this, I have not received any other notification from IRCC. I have not even received an email from IRCC. What exactly does this mean? Will I be receiving any information from IRCC soon?

My Timeline

Wait for 2-3 days to get AL letter. However, double check your CIC account if you receive any new message and your email (including spam folder).

Reactions: iamr12

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
JUST IN!!
UPDATE: NEW COPR DETAILS UPDATED IN EE PROFILE

4 applicants have confirmed that their new COPR counterfoil details have been updated in their EE profile (in last 1 hour).

VO - New Delhi
4 Pointer Email - September 29
Replied to 4 Pointer Email - Between Oct 2 to 6

Please keep checking your EE account, you guys can also see some updates in your account. Good luck!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
JUST IN!!
UPDATE: NEW COPR DETAILS UPDATED IN EE PROFILE

4 applicants have confirmed that their new COPR counterfoil details have been updated in their EE profile (in last 1 hour).

VO - New Delhi
4 Pointer Email - September 29
Replied to 4 Pointer Email - Between Oct 2 to 6

Please keep checking your EE account, you guys can also see some updates in your account. Good luck!
Could you please confirm the expiry date of new CoPRs issued by NDVO? That would be really helpful!

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
Wait for 2-3 days to get AL letter. However, double check your CIC account if you receive any new message and your email (including spam folder).
Thank you. I have not received any other messages in CIC or in my email (checked spam folder). I will keep looking at my emails and account closely.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
These two are confirmed in the group so far:

1. Expiry of June 9, 2020 and New Expiry of May 11, 2021
2. Expiry of July 27, 2020 and New Expiry of January 31, 2021
Thank you very much. But we are not sure if ALs also have same expiry date as of new CoPRs. Please comment if you have any info regarding that. This is the last thing that I need for clarification.

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi,

My Timeline

Did you attach any confirmed booking - air ticket or stay or already have a job offer in Canada ?

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
Did you attach any confirmed booking - air ticket or stay or already have a job offer in Canada ?
Before receiving 4 pointer email, I had taken a chance actually. My CoPR expired on August 11, 2020. I took a chance and had booked a flight to travel on 22 August. I had raised the web form along with flight tickets, Airbnb confirmation, etc. However, I had to cancel that because I did not receive the response from IRCC on time.

To the 4 pointer email, I had replied saying that I am ready to travel and would book air tickets and accommodation once I get confirmation from IRCC. I had shared my detailed quarantine plan, proof of funds, resignation letter of my previous employer, and previous Airbnb reservations.

Reactions: RT8

Angeltemmy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Sorry guys, I haven't been active here lately.

Just wanted to update this wonderful community who have supported me throughout my tough 3 year Canadian journey. I'm happy to inform that I just received my PR card.

Many of you should be aware that my first application was rejected after a long 1 year processing time. My chances of success with a second application were very slim and CRS scores were getting high as well, so I had pretty much lost all hope.

However, this great community kept me motivated and pushed me to go for it once again. Many quoted "Even if there is 1% chance, you should still go for it. You have already been rejected, so it can't get worse than that".

I was dropping points in couple of weeks, so it was literally my last 'ray of hope draw' and miraculously, I got the invitation with my score just 1 point above cut-off. Unlike the first one, I was a lot more relaxed this time and didn't worry too much about the result and application progress, probably because I didn't have high hopes and it helped a lot. Surprisingly one day even before I entered into my 5th month, I received "Ready for Visa" email. Honestly, I never expected to see that email and thought it might be another year long journey. Fast-forward 7 months later, I'm holding the PR card in my hand while typing this.

This has been an exhausting 3 years for me but at the same time it has been a great personal experience as well. I have learnt a lot along the way and have grown so much as a person. I'm forever grateful for the amount of support I received from the gorgeous people here, at a time when my life was pretty low. Thank you for being there otherwise I wouldn't have made this far.

I hope my experience helps others who maybe on the same boat. Never give up hope guys!!! I made it so can you. Patience, determination and a group of lovely people to cheer you along the way is all you need.
Congratulations on your PR, but can you tell me why your first application was rejected and was it paper based? So I can learn from it I just got AOR. Thanks.

Ecast

Feb 7, 2020
Anyone from US got any new update? Today I got another useless email saying 'your case is being worked on'. I raised ready-to-travel webform about 2 months ago and nothing since then.
Hello, I also live in the US, nothing has changed on my account either, been logging in daily and haven't seen anything changed. My COPR expired back in June, I submitted a Webform just to double check the status of my application specially since the very beginning they had given us time-lines on when to apply for extensions. I believe it was 90 days first and after that 60 days. It has been a lot longer than that since my COPR expired and just wanted to make sure it didn't get revoked or canceled since I had not submitted a ready to travel webform. Below is the reply I received.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

You are outside Canada and your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired? Rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to travel to Canada.

When you are ready to travel to Canada, we invite you to follow the instructions on our website to notify us. We will then tell you what to do next.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Does anyone know if they are asking for remeds if Medicals have been expired in July 2020? Copr received :15 March, Expiration of COPR : 5 July , expiration of medicals:July 2020. 4 pt email received on 18 sep , replied on 19 sep?