+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hey Guys,
After yesterday's ghost updates, my status in GC key has changed to submitted. Is anyone out there with the same update?
What does it mean? Do I have to re-submit passport again?
My visa was approved before March 18th and expired in May. Replied back to 4 point email last month, still waiting for ETA

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Now its changed to Background check completed. It looks like application is going through different stages from 0 to 100 real quick.
Mine doesn't seem to have been updated.. just shows the background check completed status. I just hope the updates happened and I missed it

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Now latest update is changed back to "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." from "Medical passed". Back to back ghost updates. Non stop. Uncontrollable!
I am back to approved as well now. Great to see so many others in the same boat. Hope all this leads to something.

Reactions: pavie24

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Now latest update is changed back to "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." from "Medical passed". Back to back ghost updates. Non stop. Uncontrollable!
Mine too..from final decision to background check completed..and my eligibility date was changed to when i was approved

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
They will just book tickets and send you...lol...I can't even see these things for time pass... Don't have gc key....

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I dont see any update on my dashboard . Any way to check if dashboard was updated ?
Only way to check is to notice it when it happens. It probably did happen for you as well. The changes in status were pretty fast , some within minutes of each other and can be easily missed. If people here on the forum hadn’t noticed them I would have missed them for sure.

Some say the date under ‘eligibility’ has been changed , if you remember what yours was log in and see if you see a change in it

Reactions: nayaskumar

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi, I did not get my passport stamped. Instead of that I have received a Letter of Authorization to travel. You will receive that once you book your ticket and send it to the same PRTD approval email. And, if your travel date is less than 30 days from the time when you send the tickets then IRCC will issue the Letter of Authorization to travel. That letter is valid only for the exact date of travel and for that particular flight only.
Hi @gokul0989 , thank you very much for replying back. I also submitted the ticket and received the Letter of Authorization(AL) to travel but Letter of Authorization I received does not seem correct. AL has below statement ...

"At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:
1.bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa
2. show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended."

Airline won't allow me to board the plane as it says "bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa". I do not have PR visa that is why I applied for PRTD. I don't understand why they issued me this letter. did you receive the same letter or you have received a different kind of Letter of Authorization to travel?

Please let me know this will help me to respond back to IRCC to get the correct letter.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Now latest status is changed back to Medical passed.

Below are the changes to my profile in latest status from yesterday:

Final Approved -> Medical Passed -> Final Approved -> Background passed -> Final approved -> Medical passed

I dont think these are ghost updates instead look like a glitch or bug after system maintenance. Ghost updates are those where your application status is changed to "Application/Profile updated" and once you go inside your profile application status is changed back to original.

Reactions: crackMBA and RT8