COPR and coronavirus

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi peeps!Congrats on 4 pointer mails?Could you pls clarify some thing.Address in my profile is of my consultant who is in Canada Yesterday I called ircc.The agent told me that your address shows that you are already in Canada thats why you have not got any update ? Isn't it ridiculous!!They don't know that I have not landed yet?She advised me to fill the web form mentioning my Indian address.Any one else here who has consultant address of Canada in the profile?Has your file been reopened?

Oh darned man! Thanks for heads up @Canaspirant xyz

Haven't received any 4 pointer email. Its NDVO office for me as well - and Mississauga was the original processing centre.

My Mother's sponsorship application has my address in Canada (I live here in ON). I am also the authorised representative. This is just daft if the confusion is because of the representative address. Well in my case, I had also changed my Mom's phone number, contact address, email etc all to my name - just to fool proof any correspondence sent by IRCC comes to me direct.

@Froshy and @Canaspirant xyz - will be keen to know how you folks are progressing. feel free to PM.

Shoutout: Also, some other parents sponsorship applicants were here earlier - this is the time to connect.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi,
My PR was approved on 15 March 2020 and expired on 11 August 2020. I could not travel due to the pandemic, and I had raised ready to travel on 01 August 2020.

I received an email from IRCC today asking me to reply to their email if I can travel to Canada and permanently settle in 60 days. The email also had four questionnaires that I need to answer. I have seen many people receiving a similar email. They are asking me to provide the address where I will stay to prove that I settle there permanently, proof of funds, and 14 days mandatory quarantine plan.

Currently, I do not have any permanent address and do not have any job offer. I am thinking of staying at Airbnb for a month (including my quarantine period) and look for an apartment. How can I prove to IRCC that I intend to stay there permanently? (My intention is to permanently settle there)

Can I mention the same to IRCC that I will stay at Airbnb for a month and move to an apartment permanently? Or is there any other better advice that someone can offer me?

Also, can I mention that I will stay at Airbnb and explain that I will undergo my 14 days quarantine plan there?

Waiting for your valuable suggestions and thank you in advance.
To those who have received the 60 day to travel email, are you all depending on an Indian VO?

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Hi Guys,
Received this today from IRCC: Email -IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

=================================

I am from India and with VO NDVO , but I assume this email was sent from Canada as it came around 9pm IST which is outside NDVO working hours
Please see my signature for my application timeline
Will keep posted

Hi @nayaskumar : What does single-transit point to Canada mean? Does it mean 1 transit (in between) or direct flight?

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Hi Guys,
Received this today from IRCC:

IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

o lease agreement,

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

I am not sure what to put in "address where you will stay". I am planing to book an AirBnB but not yet booked it. Can I just tell them that I plan to book AirBnB for a month and attach my job offer letter and POF along with the email????

FYI, i am from India and VO is NDVO
@Guti1987 : Does single transit point to Canada mean direct flight or 1 layover(transit)?

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
My case:
CoPR Isssue - 17 mar
Expiry - 24 Jul
File with NDVO
Webforms raised - 24 aug, 1st sep, 10th sep, 17th sep
Requested travel - 14th Oct
Self and spouse
Job - internal transfer but as a consultant (my company doesn't have a branch in Canada)
4 pointer - 29th sep

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
The only difference I have seen in the responses is an additional disclaimer regarding Covid-19 and a more apologetic tone to their reply where they have said that they are trying their best but have a reduced staff. Otherwise, it has been the same generic response.

I haven't raised monthly webforms but I have tried to put in more attachments on each new one(job seach, POF, quarantine plan etc). The last one was the most detailed one I could send so I have now given up on sending any more after seeing yet another standard response from them. I won't be sending a webform or an email again till I hear back from them.
I would suggest the same for you if you have already sent in enough webforms with the details regarding your case.
Got it. Thanks for your response. Even the last one for me was with complete plan and attachments. So i will also wait.
I came across a post on facebook today in a private group for COPR hodlers that NDVO has resumed its services from 10 am to 1 pm. Is this information correct?

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020
Got it. Thanks for your response. Even the last one for me was with complete plan and attachments. So i will also wait.
I came across a post on facebook today in a private group for COPR hodlers that NDVO has resumed its services from 10 am to 1 pm. Is this information correct?
Don't know about those timings. But from today people have finally started getting requests from NDVO/IRCC to submit their plans.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Oh darned man! Thanks for heads up @Canaspirant xyz

Haven't received any 4 pointer email. Its NDVO office for me as well - and Mississauga was the original processing centre.

My Mother's sponsorship application has my address in Canada (I live here in ON). I am also the authorised representative. This is just daft if the confusion is because of the representative address. Well in my case, I had also changed my Mom's phone number, contact address, email etc all to my name - just to fool proof any correspondence sent by IRCC comes to me direct.

@Froshy and @Canaspirant xyz - will be keen to know how you folks are progressing. feel free to PM.

Shoutout: Also, some other parents sponsorship applicants were here earlier - this is the time to connect.
I have discussed with my consultant.They told to raise a web form clarifying that the address is of his and I have not yet landed and to give my current address.So I did that.Though I don't know how it's gonna make any difference.

Reactions: hinavin

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi, I have also not received any 4 pointer email. Guessing cause my consultant is also based out of Canada, checked with him today for update and he mentioned of having received nothing. I have however been raising webforms by myself (4 since June)
Do let me know what you plan on stating in your webform with an ‘Indian address’
Yes I did that just now .I mentioned that the add given is of consultant and gave my indian address too.
But I am not sure how it makes any difference.They should know we have not landed by copr status?

Reactions: hinavin

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Yes I did that just now .I mentioned that the add given is of consultant and gave my indian address too.
But I am not sure how it makes any difference.They should know we have not landed by copr status?
Interestingly, all the generic responses I received to my webforms so far state that my query has been forwarded to my responsible visa office- NDVO. Besides I did mention that I received my COPR via NDVO and I currently reside in Mumbai, India so I kinda feel like we are running in circles!
either way, just raised another webform stating the indian address.
Maybe they are moving alphabetically and are yet to reach ours!

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Guys,
Received this today from IRCC: Email -IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

o lease agreement,

=================================

I am from India and with VO NDVO , but I assume this email was sent from Canada as it came around 9pm IST which is outside NDVO working hours
Please see my signature for my application timeline
Will keep posted
Congratulations on getting a positive response.
I got the same mail a while back. My visa office is NDVO and my COPR was approved on 15th March.

Any idea what they mean by address where you will stay? Do they mean during quarantine or after? If they are asking about post-quarantine, can I say that I'll be staying with a friend while I look for long term accomodation? Or do I need to show a lease?

Also, what type of proofs should we be submitting for employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer) - do you know any examples of what would help us show intention of looking for work if we don't have a job offer in hand?

I know there are places from where we can order groceries online. But for access to medical care and other essentials - what are the options available?

Would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Pavie

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
PR Card Update Status:
Landing Date: 24 August 2020
Linked PR application to CIC account: 31 August 2020
PR cards approved and mailed notification: 12 September 2020
PR cards received in mail: 21 September 2020

Finally the PR journey has ended successfully.

i wanna ask u guys if its possible for my husband (the main applicant) to travel with us and stay with us for 1 and half month and come back??

we(wife and three kids) will set permenantly there

can they stop him from coming back to his job

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I have discussed with my consultant.They told to raise a web form clarifying that the address is of his and I have not yet landed and to give my current address.So I did that.Though I don't know how it's gonna make any difference.
Great, thanks!

Shall try to call them up tomorrow morning. Its quite daft - they should know from the file status that the CoPR is not yet landed status.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canaspirant xyz