+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sm89

Sep 5, 2020
I got the passport request letter again. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation. My H1 expired, any thoughts on risking traveling with auto revalidation? What would the new expiry date be? Can i do a soft landing?
So you want to say they proactively asked you to send passport again for stamping? And you did not have to ask for extension? What is the date on the new letter?

I don't have an answer on expiry of H1 but if you are travelling by road most people have been able to do successful soft landing. Essentially, you drive to the border and they ask you if you want to return back to US & then they initiate the PR process and you can make a turnaround and come back in the US. There is a forum on CANADAVISA where people have shared this experience.

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Sorry for the delay,
My COPR expiry date is sep 21 and I have extended my COPR (new expiry date is2021 feb 28).IRCC local branch said me that I can travel to Canada because my files completed before March 18.
When I submitted a web form they replied me a generic E mail. There was no any information regarding the process.
If you link your application to an online profile you can get full details of your case and see when it was completed. If the person on the telephone confirmed that your file was completed before March 18, 2020 and you CoPR has not expired you can now travel to Canada any time up to the date of you CoPR expiry. Here’s a link where you can register to make an online account to see all your information in regards to your application online.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugeescitizenship/services/application/register.html

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
all the webforms raised were just mentioning that I'm ready to travel and after the 4th time is when I got the email from them asking to reply to their email within 10 days of receipt. I traveled from Kochi>Del>Toronto. I didn't get a COVID test.
In their mail were they expecting you to send them your final booking details?Like air tickets and accommodation?Means are we supposed to make bookings within 10 days of receiving the mail from them?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Well, I have spoken to NDVO office today. They have said to need not worry, they processing as fast as possible and they told me to send additional documents only when they request for it.
I believe there is no priority as such for someone who their docs ready or someone who doesnt, since they are giving 11 days to respond and send any documents if requested.Its only a waiting game. everyone will receive their extension.
Thanks a lot for the positive news.When I called the lady told everything is on hold:(.Just wish we can travel in a month or 2.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
My parents COPR is expiring in October and I am submitting a web form that they are unable to travel.
Is this the webform URL?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Please help me with the below questions:

Is the Type of Application "Sponsorship"?
What should I say in the enquiry box?
In the applicant information, should I just mentioned the details of my father?
Will the sponsor be the enquirer since I sponsored my parents application?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Thanks a lot for the positive news.When I called the lady told everything is on hold:(.Just wish we can travel in a month or 2.
Yeah she did tell the same. But i had rephrased my question to her specifically asking timelines and extensions. We will surely get copr extension but they are not able to give a timeline how fast. Ans until i think its safer to stay at home and travel to a new place. Moreover, you're saving money by staying at home. Had i travellled before lockdown it would empty my wallet with no job and markets open..

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Yeah she did tell the same. But i had rephrased my question to her specifically asking timelines and extensions. We will surely get copr extension but they are not able to give a timeline how fast. Ans until then i think its safer to stay at home than travel to a new place. Moreover, you're saving money by staying at home. Had i travellled before lockdown it would empty my wallet with no job and markets open..
Closed markets*

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
The validity is 60 days from the date issued. Yes, VO is New Delhi.
Hi aadhi, congratulations on getting an ETA and successfully landing. This is very encouraging news!

Wanted to know if the 'date issued' on the ETA was the same date that you got the ETA. If there was a difference, how much was it?

Thanks a ton!

Cheers,
Pavie

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Why are people living in the US getting copr extensions while others don't? Considering that Canada closed the US border...
Only the land border has been closed. People from the US can still fly into Canada as far as I know.

Why they have preference over everyone else is of course a debate that has been going on for quite some time on these pages. My personal opinion has always been that it is wrong and Canada needs to just have one rule/restriction for everyone and not a separate rule for people coming in from the US. I understand they are very close trade partners but this preferential treatment for people trying to immgrate from there to Canada is unfair.

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Anyone here from India, visa office NDVO with an expired copr who has not yet raised a ready to travel web form ?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
So you want to say they proactively asked you to send passport again for stamping? And you did not have to ask for extension? What is the date on the new letter?

I don't have an answer on expiry of H1 but if you are travelling by road most people have been able to do successful soft landing. Essentially, you drive to the border and they ask you if you want to return back to US & then they initiate the PR process and you can make a turnaround and come back in the US. There is a forum on CANADAVISA where people have shared this experience.
Date on the new letter is March, my previous letter's date. Assumed it's a typo, why do you ask?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
My parents COPR is expiring in October and I am submitting a web form that they are unable to travel.
Is this the webform URL?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Please help me with the below questions:

Is the Type of Application "Sponsorship"?
What should I say in the enquiry box?
In the applicant information, should I just mentioned the details of my father?
Will the sponsor be the enquirer since I sponsored my parents application?