+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

psmangat5

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Punjab
NOC Code......
Hello,

Has anyone here got a new PPR request letter after their expired ?

My CPR expired on July 9 2020 and last week I got a new PPR request letter asking me to send my passport again to the same address.

Thanks
you raised Ready to Travel webform? may I ask which country and visa office?

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hey guys, I got a flight option in November to travel from London to Ottawa (direct) on Air Canada. It's advertised on Air Canada website and elsewhere too. Since my intended destination is Ottawa, it works perfect.

My concern is that, Ottawa Int'l Airport is currently not accepting any int'l flights. So by November does this mean they will open doors for int'l flights?

Is anyone else looking at the same flights during said period? Also have we had any news about airport opening up for int'l flights?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I had received a response from IRCC after raising ready to travel webform as suggested by NDVO.They have said that ,it has been forwarded to responsible office. After a week, i called NDVO today and they told me to wait for atleast 15-20 working days for an appropriate response from IRCC.

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
I live in the US and my CoPR was granted prior to March 18, 2020, thereby making me exempt from the travel restrictions. Unfortunately, the counterfoil expired in May and I have been regrettably delaying my travel. However, with things changing so rapidly in the US, I am considering making a soft landing by following the 14-day quarantine plan with a hope of moving early next year (once I change my job). However, with the latest statement on the CIC website, I wanted to seek suggestions on the following:

* Are we allowed to cross the border by land with an expired CoPR (and return the same day)?

* If I travel by air and live temporarily at my friend's place, is it a hard requirement to provide details of moving permanently? I wonder if they actually have a way to track permanent moves.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I live in the US and my CoPR was granted prior to March 18, 2020, thereby making me exempt from the travel restrictions. Unfortunately, the counterfoil expired in May and I have been regrettably delaying my travel. However, with things changing so rapidly in the US, I am considering making a soft landing by following the 14-day quarantine plan with a hope of moving early next year (once I change my job). However, with the latest statement on the CIC website, I wanted to seek suggestions on the following:

* Are we allowed to cross the border by land with an expired CoPR (and return the same day)?

* If I travel by air and live temporarily at my friend's place, is it a hard requirement to provide details of moving permanently? I wonder if they actually have a way to track permanent moves.
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at ur own risk.

1. No

2. They state on their website that temporary visits r not allowed. People have done it and made YouTube videos about it. Your risk :)

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello,

My CPR expired on July 9 2020 and last week I got a new PPR request letter asking me to send my passport again to the same address.

Thanks
yes. My husband got a new ppr request. What’s your application type? And which country is your VO?

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Where you from? @hajra 789
I’m a Canadian citizen. Did spouse sponsorship for my husband. London visa office. But we live in Middle East so passports go to uae.

we received first ppr in feb but cudnt travel due to covid. Recently emailed our VO regarding urgent travel and got new ppr that same day. Now waiting on passport which is taking longer than usual‍♀

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Need to clarify something...are people receiving AL only where VOs are open and only those candidates who are serving in essential services?

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hello,

Thanks
That's great. Did you raise a webform? What is your VO?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hey guys, I got a flight option in November to travel from London to Ottawa (direct) on Air Canada. It's advertised on Air Canada website and elsewhere too. Since my intended destination is Ottawa, it works perfect.

My concern is that, Ottawa Int'l Airport is currently not accepting any int'l flights. So by November does this mean they will open doors for int'l flights?

Is anyone else looking at the same flights during said period? Also have we had any news about airport opening up for int'l flights?
Untill unless travel ban is lifted .... You will not be able to travel to Ottawa directly ..... However you can take London Toronto Ottawa or london Montreal ottawa route.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019

Since your COPR is already expired why the hurry to land ??

1. Unless you work in healthcare or medical services in US and are urgently required to report back to work. CBSA officers won't allow you return immediately after finishing up the landing formalities for land border landing.

2. Unless you provide enough evidence that you are ready to settle permanently in Canada( resignation.letter from current job, lease or Airbnb rentals more than month and other supporting documents). They won't issue you a E-AL to travel.

Reactions: hinavin

Mira_0304

Feb 6, 2020
If IRCC is planning to provide us with authorisation letters for COPR expired cases, does VAC opening or closing have an impact on us, since we needn't give our passports for restamping?
U r right . VAC opening/closing has no impact. just AL is required.

abhishekmishra19

Jul 15, 2019
India
I had received a response from IRCC after raising ready to travel webform as suggested by NDVO.They have said that ,it has been forwarded to responsible office. After a week, i called NDVO today and they told me to wait for atleast 15-20 working days for an appropriate response from IRCC.
Thanks for sharing this update. Lets hope something will start moving by oct.
I am following this thread from long and i dont think any one from India had received COPR extension as of now.

Reactions: hinavin

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Have you raised ready to travel webform? IRCC now opens the door to those whose COPR was issued before Mar 18 but expired. At least you and your spouse are together during this hard time. My spouse and I are not reunited.
Yes, I raised webform on 3rd August, no response yet :(
Well, yes. IRCC should take up cases like yours on priority and immediately.