+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
@crackMBA @Craigcaeiro
Hey, just wanted asked, have you guys now raised a 'ready to travel' form or are you'll too still waiting to see what NDVO does ?
How long has it been since your COPR's expired. I only ask because i'm wondering/worried how long i can wait before i have to raise a form, is there a time limit?

Hey @RT8 yes i did submit a webform end august because i was of the hopeeful opinion that NDVO would open sometime in September, but alas nothing! My COPR expired in April. I got the generic response from IRCC a little more than a week later, that my request has been transferred to the responsible office... Now its just a wait. Also I was hoping to fly there before the winter fully sets in but now its just a wait. i too am afraid with the time limits set by the ETA. Heres hoping that they open soon and issue us letters soon.

Also for the ones who think we should be happy for the Canadian immigration system... we are, thats y we are trying to get there, its just like many here, I too have left my job 6 months ago and my kid is out of school and our life is on hold, but apart from getting information on this forum, people vent here because this is the one place where you will find others in the same situation who can understand and empathise with you. And in times like this, you just dont want to be stuck in a situation feeling alone. Just my 2 cents...

A positive outlook to this situation is that right now, here is where we are at our lowest, and from here the only way things will go is up !!!

Just hope NDVO starts doing something soon....

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I have read this on CIC website

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

My parents COPR is expiring in October and has been issued before March 18.
Do I have to submit webform at all or just stay put?

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019

If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

Hey if your parents COPR is valid till October and if they can fly before that, I suggest they should as all of us with expired COPRs dont know when and how long we have to wait for extensions.

But if they dont want to fly then a week or so before expiry send in a webform.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Hey if your parents COPR is valid till October and if they can fly before that, I suggest they should as all of us with expired COPRs dont know when and how long we have to wait for extensions.

But if they dont want to fly then a week or so before expiry send in a webform.
They are a little scared to fly because of the COVID situation.
I am hoping the extensions are going to happen eventually for next year based on what IRCC wrote on their website.
What do you think?

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
They are a little scared to fly because of the COVID situation.
I am hoping the extensions are going to happen eventually for next year based on what IRCC wrote on their website.
What do you think?
If they arent sure of flying send in a webform before the expiry date to keep IRCC informed. As for extensions, in India especially because of the volume of expired COPRs they have to process, intially they are going to provide Travel Letters as they had mentioned on their twitter handle, and maybe later after clearing up the backlog of files they might process extensions.
But if your parents arent feeling safe to travel then send in a webform, and they will get extensions later.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
If they arent sure of flying send in a webform before the expiry date to keep IRCC informed. As for extensions, in India especially because of the volume of expired COPRs they have to process, intially they are going to provide Travel Letters as they had mentioned on their twitter handle, and maybe later after clearing up the backlog of files they might process extensions.
But if your parents arent feeling safe to travel then send in a webform, and they will get extensions later.
What is the use of the travel letter without a COPR extension?

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
What is the use of the travel letter without a COPR extension?

a travel letter is a letter stating that your COPR was issued before march 18 and it expired and you are exempted from travel restrictions. You can use that and your expired COPR letter and visas on your passport. So u dont have to get a new COPR and new visas stamped in your passport. When you get a travel letter your COPR will get extended i think on your profile but you wont have to resubmit your passports, whereas if you dont travel within the deadline of the letter then you may have to go through the whole process of waiting for a letter from them asking for your passports and then submit it for a new visa and COPR.

if go go through this forum in the past people have posted how the travel letter looks like.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
a travel letter is a letter stating that your COPR was issued before march 18 and it expired and you are exempted from travel restrictions. You can use that and your expired COPR letter and visas on your passport. So u dont have to get a new COPR and new visas stamped in your passport. When you get a travel letter your COPR will get extended i think on your profile but you wont have to resubmit your passports, whereas if you dont travel within the deadline of the letter then you may have to go through the whole process of waiting for a letter from them asking for your passports and then submit it for a new visa and COPR.

if go go through this forum in the past people have posted how the travel letter looks like.
Thanks for the info. My father also has to go for a dental treatment which he has been delaying because of the pandemic and the dentist suggested that he completes the treatment before the travel but its a treatment for few months. I have also asked my father to get a letter from the dentist saying this and I am going to upload to IRCC while submitting the webform.

SO, does it mean that the travel letter may not be issued if the webform is not submitted?

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for the info. My father also has to go for a dental treatment which he has been delaying because of the pandemic and the dentist suggested that he completes the treatment before the travel but its a treatment for few months. I have also asked my father to get a letter from the dentist saying this and I am going to upload to IRCC while submitting the webform.

SO, does it mean that the travel letter may not be issued if the webform is not submitted?

no no i think if COPR gets expired and you dont submit a webform they put your profile on hold and review it again in 60 or 90 days or so,im not exactly sure maybe someone else on this group could help share light on this.
But whenever your parents are ready to travel(after COPR expiry) you inform them through a webform and then they shud issue the travel letter after you provide whatever proofs they request like proof of funds and quarantine plan etc.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

If you’re outside Canada

I submitted a webform and got reply that i don't have to contact them until i am ready to travel to Canada

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
With regards to the quarantine plan, does anyone know if staying with brother's family is enough? I will specify that I will be staying in the basement which my brother had plans to rent out anyway so it has the necessary facilities and obviously access to food and other amenities won't be an issue.
Yes. As long as you're isolated in the basement and can have brother arrange for groceries, food etc, then no problem. What you can do is, get an email from him stating that he can host you as per the rules of the Quarantine Act for your 14 days. Take an email of that and keep with you and present to officer if needed.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW

If you’re outside Canada

If they can and are willing travel before expiry of COPR, please tell them to fly. No intimation is necessary.
If they cannot or are unwilling to travel before the expiry, you needn't do anything. stay put. only when they are ready to fly again (assuming Air India Vandhe Bharat, or normal flights or something) then only raise request to extend by webform.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
@crackMBA @Craigcaeiro
Hey, just wanted asked, have you guys now raised a 'ready to travel' form or are you'll too still waiting to see what NDVO does ?
How long has it been since your COPR's expired. I only ask because i'm wondering/worried how long i can wait before i have to raise a form, is there a time limit?
@crackMBA @Craigcaeiro
My wife's COPR expired on Jun7. There is no limit to raise the form. Canada is trying hard to restrict immigrants as of now so they are happy if you take your time to raise the form.
I am going to raise the form in next 2 weeks.

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
How long after raising ready to travel webform did you get email from them??

My husband has raised a webform too and we need to travel SOON just waiting on their reply! The delay is so so daunting! Wasn’t aware it would take sooooo long to get authorization to travel!

hoping You got a response within few days..will give me some hope too!
Hi,

I got a reply from LVO in almost 10 days. Anyone received authorization letter from LVO? Kindly update here!

bhattdika20

Jul 7, 2020
london
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
london
AOR Received.
Feb 2020
Hi, Has anyone received a reply from Local Visa Office(LVO) in London, UK?? I sent an online web form query about the progress of my application but they haven't replied whatsoever

Last edited: