+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I don't have a B2. I would definitely have flown to Canada way back if that was the case :) . Tried looking for every loophole possible in these exemptions to see if there was one that I could exploit and reach there but can't find one.

"Concrete information" is the fundamental issue here because we have not been getting that at all. Anyway, my big issue really is that we are being told to submit webforms with all proofs indicating we are ready to fly and then nothing happens. I have sent 3 webforms and it has not proceeded further. If someone sends a 'ready to fly' webform and they choose not to do anything about it for months together then we definitely have a problem.
They have posted multiple times on their twitter account that they cannot provide conrete timelines on when ETAs/extensions would be processed..

That's enough information for me to not make any plans for Canada until I am given an extension or something similar..

After all, we still are CoPR holders and not PRs or citizens.. Expecting to be treated like one in these unprecedented times is in my opinion too much..

Having said that Canada treats non citizens and non PRs way better than other countries :) (Remember the time u may have stood in a packed line on a side walk outside mumbai consulate in the sun vs. appointment based system at VFS where the worst was chairs provided in air cooled shade)

Reactions: crackMBA

munavar21

Jun 20, 2016
KLM is dutch airline. It is the name of the airline. Special flights of KLM are operative. There were no flights from Riyadh to Toronto but there were flights from Damam. So we went to Damam by road and took flight from there.

I don't actually know details on expired CoPR. Ours was still valid when we travelled.
Hi,

I have valid copr and will be travelling on September 25, could you please advise what kind of questions you came through in Dammam, Amsterdam and Toronto. I am travelling with my family please assist.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
They have posted multiple times on their twitter account that they cannot provide conrete timelines on when ETAs/extensions would be processed..

That's enough information for me to not make any plans for Canada until I am given an extension or something similar..

After all, we still are CoPR holders and not PRs or citizens.. Expecting to be treated like one in these unprecedented times is in my opinion too much..

Having said that Canada treats non citizens and non PRs way better than other countries :) (Remember the time u may have stood in a packed line on a side walk outside mumbai consulate in the sun vs. appointment based system at VFS where the worst was chairs provided in air cooled shade)
Lets just agree to disagree on the COPR extension point since we will keep going back and forth like this :). I feel they can definitely do better. When someone raises a webform with a flight ticket attached, I think it goes without saying that they are expecting the authorization letter before that date. Their tweets have been quite confusing. On the one hand, they ask you to provide all the proof - flight tickets, settlement plans etc and then as soon as you provide that they say they don't have timelines.

You have not quit your job and have not made plans so this obviously does not make a difference to you. For the people who have quit their jobs, the ambiguity in responses and the differential rules for people travelling from the US make it frustrating.

No question about the US Consulate vs the VFS difference. One country treats immigrants like a problem and one welcomes them. I have been a big promoter for Canada among my friends which is why the current situation has left a sour taste in my mouth. I am sure when I am finally in Canada and have a decent job there then all the struggles of this year would be forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: BS85 and hinavin

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Lets just agree to disagree on the COPR extension point since we will keep going back and forth like this :). I feel they can definitely do better. When someone raises a webform with a flight ticket attached, I think it goes without saying that they are expecting the authorization letter before that date. Their tweets have been quite confusing. On the one hand, they ask you to provide all the proof - flight tickets, settlement plans etc and then as soon as you provide that they say they don't have timelines.

You have not quit your job and have not made plans so this obviously does not make a difference to you. For the people who have quit their jobs, the ambiguity in responses and the differential rules for people travelling from the US make it frustrating.

No question about the US Consulate vs the VFS difference. One country treats immigrants like a problem and one welcomes them. I have been a big promoter for Canada among my friends which is why the current situation has left a sour taste in my mouth. I am sure when I am finally in Canada and have a decent job there then all the struggles of this year would be forgotten.
Yes sir, I am in full agreement to agree to disagree :)

I had plans.. I did resign.. Went to work for my employer again and now am being treated unfairly because they know I would quit again once this settles down

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Peace guys....we are already going through a lot...no point in arguing over behaviour of ircc in these times.They are not justified ... From our point of view..but may be they want to do justice with their citizens by not allowing more virus spread through travellers so as I said before its only us with expired copr who can be avoided at this point of time.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
We are in the same boat. I'm in Canada and my spouse is in my home country. Our COPR was issued in March and expired in June. Contacted IRCC several times but was told to wait. Are you the principal applicant?
Yes I am the principal applicant, Mine expired in March. I thought it will be 3-4 months but never expected this long of a wait. Now, my wife and I have no alternative but to take up jobs in home country. :(

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
We are in the same boat. I'm in Canada and my spouse is in my home country. Our COPR was issued in March and expired in June. Contacted IRCC several times but was told to wait. Are you the principal applicant?
Yes , I am the principle applicant. My family also is in my home country india. opened multiple requests. only generic replies. on top of that, my current WP is expiring this month :( ..

Nov 30, 2019
KLM is dutch airline. It is the name of the airline. Special flights of KLM are operative. There were no flights from Riyadh to Toronto but there were flights from Damam. So we went to Damam by road and took flight from there.

I don't actually know details on expired CoPR. Ours was still valid when we travelled.
What's the average cost of airbnb or hotel? What will u advice airbnb/hotel? As ur already there so u can give a better pic.

Jenny1046

Sep 5, 2020
Yes , I am the principle applicant. My family also is in my home country india. opened multiple requests. only generic replies. on top of that, my current WP is expiring this month :( ..
Did you call IRCC? If not, try it since your WP is expiring. I called IRCC in May and asked if I could do the virtual landing but the answer was no. They told me if my spouse was also in Canada then they could do virtual landing for us. But before I, the principal applicant, finish my landing, my spouse was not exempt from the travel ban to enter Canada. This is a paradox. We also tried to apply authorization letter but no response. It seems I could do nothing but wait for the IRCC office to reopen.

Jenny1046

Sep 5, 2020
Yes I am the principal applicant, Mine expired in March. I thought it will be 3-4 months but never expected this long of a wait. Now, my wife and I have no alternative but to take up jobs in home country. :(
Have you raised ready to travel webform? IRCC now opens the door to those whose COPR was issued before Mar 18 but expired. At least you and your spouse are together during this hard time. My spouse and I are not reunited.

Reactions: ankurgupta325

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Same here. I am also afraid of the time limits provided with the ETA. Lets see how does it go when NDVO opens.
@crackMBA @Craigcaeiro
Hey, just wanted asked, have you guys now raised a 'ready to travel' form or are you'll too still waiting to see what NDVO does ?
How long has it been since your COPR's expired. I only ask because i'm wondering/worried how long i can wait before i have to raise a form, is there a time limit?

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hi All,

Do we have an air bubble with Canada?

As reported by CNBC 03.09.2020 we have an air bubble with Canada but some news reports have reported the contradictory.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/air-bubbles-near-term-solution-for-international-travel-says-aviation-minister-hardeep-puri-6818491.htm
I believe the air bubble with Canada has been reported since Mid August but nothing has changed as far as the restrictions that Canada has imposed go so only people who satisfy any of the exemptions can get on those flights. Indian media have been quite misleading so ignore them. If IRCC or CBSA or anyone officially announces any changes then that is the only one we need to pay attention to.

Last edited:

Grudy

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
With regards to the quarantine plan, does anyone know if staying with brother's family is enough? I will specify that I will be staying in the basement which my brother had plans to rent out anyway so it has the necessary facilities and obviously access to food and other amenities won't be an issue.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Few of the numerous logical reasons for issuing eTAs - now:
  • eTAs are being provided for many countries. Not India. How is eTAs for India any more effort than other countries?
  • At this time risk of infection remains low - due to limited air traffic
  • Sooner folks arrive - earlier they can settle
  • Folks arriving to Canada do so with funds. Then spend and add to the economic activity, however miniscule that might be
  • Arriving later, once wider air traffic resumes world wide will only increase the chances of bringing COVID19 into Canada - not reduce it!
  • How is a traveler with an expired CoPR more risky that non-expired CoPR?
  • .........(...more)
Best,
Nav

Reactions: hinavin