+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
Hi, Has anyone received a reply from Local Visa Office(LVO) in London, UK?? I sent an online web form query about the progress of my application but they haven't replied whatsoever
I finally got a reply on Sept 2nd to an email I sent them on Aug 10th, but the reply came from the general IRCC 'do not reply' email address (like you would expect when submitting a web form) instead of the usual direct London Immigration email.

MarcusErectus

Nov 14, 2019
Hello, does anyone know how exactly ArriveCAN work? I filled out the information on the app and we'll be entering by land via Fort Erie (Peace Bridge) and the app has no option to print out a form or view a QR/Bar Code to present to the border, it only says that I must come back to the app within 48 hours of entering Canada.

How would the border officers know about our Quarantine plans? Do they look up information on their system that I've entered on the app or do they have to look at my phone and check it? Thanks!

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi,

I have valid copr and will be travelling on September 25, could you please advise what kind of questions you came through in Dammam, Amsterdam and Toronto. I am travelling with my family please assist.
Hi @ munavar21,
May I ask you when your visa got issued ?
Before 18 March or after?
Thanks.

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi everyone. Had a couple of queries if anyone can help.
1. What are we supposed to write for our medical care arrangement? We'd be carrying basic medicines from here and take the health insurance also but is there anything else that we are supposed to mention?
2. Is it ok to say that our relatives will provide groceries etc contactless at our place of quarantine? We will order online also but they will help with food etc for our kids.
3. What kind of transport is available at the airport? Are there any special taxis etc that we are supposed to take to the place of quarantine? Been searching online, but no luck.
Would really appreciate information on the above points. Thanks

Jpatidar

Jul 25, 2020
I just had a question, for people whose visas have expired, does being in the US make any difference? Like if we get a visitor Visa for the US, travel to the US and then try to raise the ready to travel webform and all that, would that be any different than doing it from India?

Jpatidar

Jul 25, 2020
I just had a question, for people whose visas have expired, does being in the US make any difference? Like if we get a visitor Visa for the US, travel to the US and then try to raise the ready to travel webform and all that, would that be any different than doing it from India?
Expired CoPRs, just to clarify. And the case is processed directly by CPC , Ottawa.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi everyone. Had a couple of queries if anyone can help.
1. What are we supposed to write for our medical care arrangement? We'd be carrying basic medicines from here and take the health insurance also but is there anything else that we are supposed to mention?
2. Is it ok to say that our relatives will provide groceries etc contactless at our place of quarantine? We will order online also but they will help with food etc for our kids.
3. What kind of transport is available at the airport? Are there any special taxis etc that we are supposed to take to the place of quarantine? Been searching online, but no luck.
Would really appreciate information on the above points. Thanks
Hello,

You are all set!
  • (for #1) Sure, I would write it down. It shows the applicant is well planned and organised. Enhances confidence from officer for the traveler's quarantine arrangements.
    • If you are flying in, there are specific forms handed out by the airline, during the flight. As well as at the arrivals prior to immigration. YOu can fill those out in advance during the flight.
    • If you are driving in from USA, I would arrive prepared with pre-typed in / written clear, detailed plan.
  • (for #2) Yes, that is fine. Be sure to be clear about 'contactless' part.
    • There should be no vulnerable health category members coming anywhere near you (such as elderly/senior folks using the same bathroom, physical proximity etc)
    • Would suggest noting the online websites on that written quarantine plan. (such as instacart etc)
    • If asked, ability to use a credit card (keep it handy if asked)
      • Some international credit cards may or may not be accepted - please make sure to test this out prior to departure.
      • There are several posts right here on this thread - where people have posted detailed experiences.
    • I am a little unsure of what you imply by "...will help with food etc for our kids...". Quarantine implies total isolation. There must be separation for the entire 14 days. No exceptions. Kids included. Meal arrangements included. :)
      • Otherwise the other members in the household will also need to be quarantined, for the entire duration. Else you are risking their health.
  • (for #3) Airport transport is easy, plenty and available instantly. These include both Uber as well as regular metered taxis. There are also 'black cabs' or 'Airport Limosine' - which are little more expensive. Am not sure if they provide any additonal advantage (nothing extra - except the driver may be in a tie or something).
    • Uber payment is as usual and all taxis accept credit card payments, no issues.
Best wishes,
Nav

Reactions: gmehta

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Guys who applied for COPR extension , would you please till us if you had any positive response ?
- How long the extension should take ?
- Do they ask for attaching a lot of supporting documents ?

My COPR expired last April - till now i don't fancy traveling , but I am afraid that i might loose my application because it has been many months now.

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello,

You are all set!
  • (for #1) Sure, I would write it down. It shows the applicant is well planned and organised. Enhances confidence from officer for the traveler's quarantine arrangements.
    • If you are flying in, there are specific forms handed out by the airline, during the flight. As well as at the arrivals prior to immigration. YOu can fill those out in advance during the flight.
    • If you are driving in from USA, I would arrive prepared with pre-typed in / written clear, detailed plan.
  • (for #2) Yes, that is fine. Be sure to be clear about 'contactless' part.
    • There should be no vulnerable health category members coming anywhere near you (such as elderly/senior folks using the same bathroom, physical proximity etc)
    • Would suggest noting the online websites on that written quarantine plan. (such as instacart etc)
    • If asked, ability to use a credit card (keep it handy if asked)
      • Some international credit cards may or may not be accepted - please make sure to test this out prior to departure.
      • There are several posts right here on this thread - where people have posted detailed experiences.
    • I am a little unsure of what you imply by "...will help with food etc for our kids...". Quarantine implies total isolation. There must be separation for the entire 14 days. No exceptions. Kids included. Meal arrangements included. :)
      • Otherwise the other members in the household will also need to be quarantined, for the entire duration. Else you are risking their health.
  • (for #3) Airport transport is easy, plenty and available instantly. These include both Uber as well as regular metered taxis. There are also 'black cabs' or 'Airport Limosine' - which are little more expensive. Am not sure if they provide any additonal advantage (nothing extra - except the driver may be in a tie or something).
    • Uber payment is as usual and all taxis accept credit card payments, no issues.
Best wishes,
Nav
Thanks Nav for this detailed and informative reply. This helps a lot. My primary concern is my baby and we were hoping to have home cooked food and some groceries delivered contactless to us during quarantine. At the same time I wouldn't want to risk my relatives or our own position so was unsure.
Will make notes of these points. Thanks again :)

Reactions: hinavin

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi All,
Is there a timeline we need to raise the webform about ready to travel after COPR expiry? I had read about the file will be reviewed after 60 or 90 days, but I am not able to find that link. Anyone has any idea about this?
Thanks for all the responses in advance!

Reactions: FatemahPK

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hey all,
For those with expired COPR who have raised ready to travel webform in hopes of getting an ETA....has anyone gotten a new ppr instead?!?

anyone aware of how long ppr’s and visa issuances are taking in Abu Dhabi visa office???

also For quarantine, if we r planning on staying with family (in separate basement with separate room, kitchen and bathroom) can they pick us up from airport or we need to arrange taxi???

Grudy

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Yes. As long as you're isolated in the basement and can have brother arrange for groceries, food etc, then no problem. What you can do is, get an email from him stating that he can host you as per the rules of the Quarantine Act for your 14 days. Take an email of that and keep with you and present to officer if needed.
Thanks for the info, pumpkin. I can relax a bit now :p

EthanCanada

Oct 9, 2019
I have a COPR that was issued after march 18th and it expires in October. At the top of page linked below it states that I'm not elgible but at the bottom it seems to suggest that if you have expiring documents you can come to Canada as long as you have a quarantine plan and are settling permanently.

I have sent them a webform with no response and I fly on the 11th (booked it when I was eligible and exempt). Just not sure what to do at this point. Have I just lost my money?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired
If you’re outside Canada

If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada

Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan, or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
ughh May I vent?
I sent a Ready to Travel webform on Aug 24. Up till now I’ve only received a generic message that says it has been forwarded to the responsible VO. On the website it says that file should be brought forward no later than 90 days. Does that mean I might not receive any answers till Nov. 24?
I wish they could just be a little more clear so we know where we stand.
Patience is truly a virtue.

aperi

Mar 3, 2020
Hello,

Has anyone here got a new PPR request letter after their expired ?

My CPR expired on July 9 2020 and last week I got a new PPR request letter asking me to send my passport again to the same address.

Thanks

Reactions: WantToImmigrate