+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
SOMEONE RECEIVED THIS COPR EXTENSION LETTER FROM PARIS VO:

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on 2019/10/31 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

As your CoPR and PR visa expired on 2020/04/01, we have extended their validity until 2021/03/26.

At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:

· bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa

· show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.

· use this letter before 2020/10/19

When arranging your travel to Canada, we advise that you book a direct flight to Canada, if possible. If not, we strongly advise that you do not book a flight with more than one international transit stop, since you may encounter issues with local authorities upon transiting through other countries while on route to Canada. Should you book a flight with a stop or layover, it is important to confirm that you have the necessary documentation to transit through that country. This could include a transit visa, for example.

Please note that your passport must also be valid to travel to Canada and you will need to show this letter upon arrival in Canada to the Canada Border Services Agency.

If you are unable to travel before the expiration date of this letter on 2020/10/19, IRCC will leave your PR application open and you will have to go through this CoPR and PRV re-issuance process again when you are able to travel to Canada.

You must follow the public health measures below if you plan to travel to Canada:

· If you travel by air, you will need to pass a health check before you are allowed to board your flight and wear a non-medical mask or face covering during travel (including to the place where you’ll quarantine). Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 won’t be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, delay your travel plans until you are feeling well.

· Once you enter Canada, you must quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days and monitor yourself for symptoms. You must have a plan for how you will isolate for 14 days when you get to Canada and how you will get medical care if you become sick.

· While in isolation, you will not be able to leave where you are staying for any reason. If you do not have a plan for isolation, including how you will buy groceries and access other essential services, please wait to travel until you have made one. The Government of Canada will not cover the cost for accommodation once you are in the country.

· Your compliance with this order is subject to monitoring, verification and enforcement. Those in violation may face detention in a quarantine facility as well as fines and/or imprisonment.

To find out more on public health measures for travellers to Canada and the quarantine requirements, visit:
The letter states two conflicting points "we have extended their validity until 2021/03/26." and "use this letter before 2020/10/19"

Why would an extension letter have two dates so far apart?

titu_bd

May 22, 2020
Dear All,

would you please let me know, how can understand VO is Australia or Canada? My visa process in CANADA and i received a letter from Australia VO office in January and request me for send passport for visa stump.

• Haha
Reactions: Kashif_PK

Tango1988

Aug 6, 2020
The letter states two conflicting points "we have extended their validity until 2021/03/26." and "use this letter before 2020/10/19"

Why would an extension letter have two dates so far apart?
I am not sure but I think the intent is to use this letter without having to get your visa re-stamped on your passport. This option is available till 2020/10/19. If the candidate is unable to make it before that date then he/she would have to go for re-stamping to take advantage of the 2nd date 2021/03/26.

Reactions: Julia lviv

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
How do they prevent someone from leaving, say one or two month after landing in Canada?
Canadian government cannot stop you from leaving Canada if you have a non-Canadian passport, but they can restrict entry into Canada.

My precovid soft landing experience was that IRCC was asking people landing in Canada to send a latest photo because the photo they provided had a glare. The photos have to be stamped and dated by the photographing agency. IRCC would dispatch the PR card after receiving the new photo. If the new photo doesn’t have a Canadian photo studio address, they would know that the person is not in Canada.

One view is that IRCC may not be printing PR cards now or may be running late in printing PR cards due to covid. A few months later they can ask for new photos. If you aren’t in Canada, they would know. So good luck if this happens.

someonetookmyname

Oct 16, 2019
i hope there won't be any issue as im planning to travel in late August to Toronto.

my copr / visa approved well before 18 March 2020. and its going to be expired in mid September so i have to travel before that.

let me know if i need to consider anything important?

thanks

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Finally
Someone from India was issued Authorisation letter and landed in Canada today

Keep your hopes alive

Just an update
Wow... fantastic! Good for that person! It will be helpful to know this - when did they request for COPR extension and when did they receive the authorisation? Also, what documents did they provide? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: hinavin and Canigo

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Finally
Someone from India was issued Authorisation letter and landed in Canada today

Keep your hopes alive

Just an update
Thats probably the best news I have seen in a while ! It would be great if you could post more information about this if you have a way of contacting this person to get more details.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Update from a person in detail

EE FSW INDIA VO NDVO
AOR Mid June 2019
PPR March 2020
COPR around 13 March
14th May India started VBM.
I Raised ready to travel same day.
Generic Response.
Then again on 1st June I raised ready to travel
Generic Response.
Then probably one ready to travel I raised in July I guess.
Generic Response.
Then on 31st July they announced that EXPIRED COPRs are expemt from travel restrictions but they would have to raise the ready to travel and share their travel plan.
Raised ready to travel form
LUCKILY I got a response from IN RR team for that 4 questions that if I can land in another 60 dsys and related questions. They gave me 10 days to respond.
I booked my 4th Flight for 23 august
I waited for one week
No response.
Now it was just one week left for my flight.
I got curious and now
I wrote a follow up email.
And then I waited next day no response
Then suddenly after 2 days booooooMMMM.
AUTHORIZATION LETTER IN MY INBOX.
Which was valid only for around a month.
I was surprised to see it it was clearly mentioned there that my COPR AND PRV is EXTENTED till first week of Oct but we are not printing it. I MUST need to show this email to airlines to board the flight.
I checked my GC ACCOUNT. I Saw there is a new COPR details mentioned with new copr number and New dates
They wrote in AL that its better to book direct flight or only 1 transit

Lak123

Jan 31, 2020
Update from a person in detail

EE FSW INDIA VO NDVO
AOR Mid June 2019
PPR March 2020
COPR around 13 March
14th May India started VBM.
I Raised ready to travel same day.
Generic Response.
Then again on 1st June I raised ready to travel
Generic Response.
Then probably one ready to travel I raised in July I guess.
Generic Response.
Then on 31st July they announced that EXPIRED COPRs are expemt from travel restrictions but they would have to raise the ready to travel and share their travel plan.
Raised ready to travel form
LUCKILY I got a response from IN RR team for that 4 questions that if I can land in another 60 dsys and related questions. They gave me 10 days to respond.
I booked my 4th Flight for 23 august
I waited for one week
No response.
Now it was just one week left for my flight.
I got curious and now
I wrote a follow up email.
And then I waited next day no response
Then suddenly after 2 days booooooMMMM.
AUTHORIZATION LETTER IN MY INBOX.
Which was valid only for around a month.
I was surprised to see it it was clearly mentioned there that my COPR AND PRV is EXTENTED till first week of Oct but we are not printing it. I MUST need to show this email to airlines to board the flight.
I checked my GC ACCOUNT. I Saw there is a new COPR details mentioned with new copr number and New dates
They wrote in AL that its better to book direct flight or only 1 transit
Hi.. this is great news. Just one question - the follow up email which you wrote latest, was it another webform raised, or did you send the email to any ID?