+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Shony_2013

Sep 24, 2019
Hi I am in the US and want to do soft landing as my COPR expires on 7th October. I believe borders are closed till 21st September. And before that IRCC says - COPR-holders who are travelling to Canada to settle permanently ONLY are allowed to enter the country. I can wait for orders to open however if that is extended beyond 21st September then I have no option but to travel....and pretend that I am going permanent or what. Please suggest friends,

Shony_2013

Sep 24, 2019
Also want to know the process after landing - we are expected to have 14 days quarantine plan after landing and show how we would get grocery supplies etc.
From PR perspective, I guess upon entry in Canada, in Airport itself the process for PR is initiates automatically and then PR card is dispatched to the address that we give. Is that correct or there exist more formalities ?
Thank you..

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hey all,

we submitted a “ready to travel” webform and received reply that “your information has been transferred to your visa office..”

What exactly does this mean? Do we need to contact our VO and ask for travel authorization letter? Or do we just wait and see if they will update themselves?? We r planning on traveling in October. Not sure how to proceed now. Our online status check just says “decision made” and hasn’t been updated since February. Our copr expired in may.

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Hey all,

we submitted a “ready to travel” webform and received reply that “your information has been transferred to your visa office..”

What exactly does this mean? Do we need to contact our VO and ask for travel authorization letter? Or do we just wait and see if they will update themselves?? We r planning on traveling in October. Not sure how to proceed now. Our online status check just says “decision made” and hasn’t been updated since February. Our copr expired in may.
Exactly same situation and plan. We should contact our VO directly too.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi I am in the US and want to do soft landing as my COPR expires on 7th October. I believe borders are closed till 21st September. And before that IRCC says - COPR-holders who are travelling to Canada to settle permanently ONLY are allowed to enter the country. I can wait for orders to open however if that is extended beyond 21st September then I have no option but to travel....and pretend that I am going permanent or what. Please suggest friends,

Correct - I would do the same. There is still some time.

Best wishes!

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Also want to know the process after landing - we are expected to have 14 days quarantine plan after landing and show how we would get grocery supplies etc.
From PR perspective, I guess upon entry in Canada, in Airport itself the process for PR is initiates automatically and then PR card is dispatched to the address that we give. Is that correct or there exist more formalities ?
Thank you..
You've got it - that's the gist! Their attempt (aside from other pre-covid standards) is obviously to ensure that residents here and you are all safe.

PR Card for traveling back into Canada: In case you leave without a PR card, make sure that the recepient is able to duly protect and safe keep for you. You cannot fly in without a PR Card. Alternatively in order to fly into Canada, you would need to apply for PRTD from local Canadian Consulate in USA. Takes time, een in non-COVID circumstances. But likely feasible, technically speaking.

Best wishes!

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hey all,

Yepp. Same here.

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Exactly same situation and plan. We should contact our VO directly too.
Which is your VO? And what happens if someone has raised a webform but VO doesn’t reply in time for them to make the necessary arrangements? (Handing in resignation, selling belongings,etc)

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
What happens if someone raises a ready to travel webform but the relevant authorities do not respond in time and send travel authorization letter like two days before mentioned date of travel, and the person in question is no longer able to travel on that date because they could not make necessary arrangements due to lack of response from the authorities?!

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi, I am living in toronto. My COPR expired on July 2nd and opened mulitple web form requesting mentioning extension or confirm the PR via email or Phone. But only generic responses are coming. Is there anyone with my situation. Please suggest next steps.
My current WP is also expiring next month and files bridge WP also. No action taken on that application too.
Thanks.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hi, I am living in toronto. My COPR expired on July 2nd and opened mulitple web form requesting mentioning extension or confirm the PR via email or Phone. But only generic responses are coming. Is there anyone with my situation. Please suggest next steps.
My current WP is also expiring next month and files bridge WP also. No action taken on that application too.
Thanks.
Checked your spam and trash thoroughly?

Assheikh

Aug 22, 2020
Hi. I have been following this thread for a long time now, and it has been extremely helpful.

Me and husband have a copr issued before march 2020, and it will be expiring end of September. We are planning to land in Canada first week of September from Doha, but it cant be a permanent move ryt now.
Plan is to stay there for around 2 months.

Looking for any advice/experiences of anyone who soft landed recently from a country other than US.
What were you asked at POE, and when were you asked to send pictures for PR card processing?

Anyone who was refused an entry? What consequences to expect if that happens...

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Yes I checked and nothing there.Like I said for all my web form requests, I got only generic responses like forwarded to respective team something like that...
This might be an unusual occurrence. Assuming you have access to your online application status on IRCC website (canada.ca)? Also, you do not happen to have any representative or agent working on your applicaton?

I would call the IRCC contact centre first thing Monday. Also consider requesting GCMS notes - it provides your files latest processing update. Does take a few weeks of waiting time but at least one knows for sure.

Best wishes!

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
Does anyone know what information do we need to provide in the quarantine form at the airport? Some of them have been asked to fill while departing.