+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Received one more ghost update today from NDVO. No changes to profile internally.

Raised a ready to travel webform last Monday. Not sure about what they have updated on the backend.

Earlier, on July 28, they gave an extension on medicals till Sept 25 and received the ghost update on the same day.
what does ghost update mean?

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I

I do not know exactly what they do to maintain the relationship but after living in Canada for around 4 years, I understood how USA is important for Canada like for many other countries.
Also,Canada is heavily dependent on South/Latin America for produce and stuff.

There are many other things.
Canada is a beautiful country with less population situated adjacent to USA(most powerful country in the world). They maintain different kind of relationship.

This is from experience. Would not be waste for you to read :)
I know all of that. And that was why I said it was strange comparing the relationship between Canada - America and Canada -other countries.
I was saying.

“Would not be a waste to read ”. Okay!

Reactions: crackMBA

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Did anyone get a ghost update after raising a ready to travel web form recently?
I got the generic” transferred to the responsible office “ and then a ghost update today.

Reactions: 13nitinsharma

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi Everyone,

Received one more ghost update today from NDVO. No changes to profile internally.

Raised a ready to travel webform last Monday. Not sure about what they have updated on the backend.

Earlier, on July 28, they gave an extension on medicals till Sept 25 and received the ghost update on the same day.
Do you receive an email when you have a ghost update or you just check your profile randomly?

Reactions: PavD

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I checked my profile today, and it was in Application Updated status. No email.
Generally ghost update happens when PPR email is around the corner. But in this case, they might have tagged your application for CoPR extension or ETA.

Did you provide any expected date for your travel in your "ready to travel" webform?

Please do update once you get any information from NDVO.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
For those who have submitted Proof of funds (from India) for COPR extension, are you attaching online bank statements as proof or going through the entire process of getting it on bank letterhead, bank officer stamp and signature, etc that you had done during AOR document submission process ?

Reactions: Kay Cee

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Generally ghost update happens when PPR email is around the corner. But in this case, they might have tagged your application for CoPR extension or ETA.

Did you provide any expected date for your travel in your "ready to travel" webform?

Please do update once you get any information from NDVO.
Expected date of travel - September.

Another update is I ordered GCMS notes to understand my previous ghost update on July 28.

After receiving my notes, I noticed there has been tagging of application to folder named as "Applications Impacted by Coronavirus". Also, it has been further tagged to Coronavirus 2020 folder by IRCC.

So, I would suggest everyone to please be patient with the process, IRCC or respective visa offices are working hard to overcome this situation and to issue the extensions to expired COPR holders

Last edited: