Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
05 July 2019
AOR Received.
5th August 2019
Adding a dependent will reopen application.. search on the forum for experience as people may have added new borns to their application.. take their timelines with a grain of salt 'cause these r unprecedented times

m no doctor but i think travelling 33 weeks pregnant wouldn't be advisable.. if u r willing to take the risk.. calculate everything carefully n go for it..

I have always found drafting a letter and attaching it as a pdf to webform, to be helpful in getting a proper response from ircc
Thank you so much for the prompt reply! Even if they send the ETA (which is doubtful till September), i am sure
we won’t be getting a consent to travel from the doc here and won’t be risking anything at this point of time.. so will definitely go ahead with the pdf letter along with the web form this time! Thank you..

DrCanada55

Aug 19, 2020
Chandigarh India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
05 July 2019
AOR Received.
5th August 2019
Congratulations, and sorry to hear about the Canada situation. Long before covid, we were pregnant and went thru the following:
  • We had provided a handwritten letter to IRCC stating that we were expecting in 2 months while submitting our passports for PRV.
  • After delivery, we submitted requests to IRCC (and even the Canadian embassy I think) for letting us know the process for adding our babies as dependents.
  • They finally responded and opened our application ~3 months after delivery to add the babies as dependents and to submit their documents (passports and birth certificates).
  • Once we submitted this, we received their go ahead to do medical checkup for all applicants.
  • We received the request to submit passports immediately after our medicals were done.
  • We received fresh COPRs and PRVs - total 5 months from delivery.
  • Challenges:
    • Receiving response from IRCC for re-opening application took time. And this was pre-covid.
    • Getting birth certificate and passport for babies (in India) is time consuming.
  • Positives:
    • Although IRCC took time in re-opening the application, things went really really fast once the application was opened.
  • Suggestions:
    • Read the document that comes with COPR very very carefully. I think it mentions how change in situation should be communicated to IRCC, and validity of COPR in such cases. In our case, change in situation was birth of our babies.
    • Utilize time after delivery to get the baby's documents in place.
    • We applied for Adhaar ASAP after delivery. This eased the birth certificate process.
Feel free to send a PM if you want any additional details.
This pretty much clears all my doubts! Thank you so much for the elaborate response.. Finally I can sit back and relax and wait for the delivery... knowing what all steps have to be followed later on plus being prepared mentally for all the more waiting period..
Will bother you again in case of any more doubts... thank you...

Grenille

Jun 28, 2018
Hey folks ,

Has any COPR holder been able to book tickets on any of the Vande Bharat flights from Mumbai . I have tried booking through British airways , Air France ,Emirates & Lufthansa , No of them are accepting COPR holders irrespetive of whether the COPR was issues prior to the 18th of March or after that.

I currently have an expired COPR , with the above scenario of flights raising a request to the NDVO for a ready to fly request won't make any sense

hopefully more clarity next month when the embassy opens

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
For those who have submitted Proof of funds (from India) for COPR extension, are you attaching online bank statements as proof or going through the entire process of getting it on bank letterhead, bank officer stamp and signature, etc that you had done during AOR document submission process ?
I have submitted bank balance certificate as I submitted during earlier verification.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
You said you will quarantine yourself at you sisters place. Is your sister living in saskatchewan or Toronto. And what about address of you provide for your PR cards. How did you manage it. I hope your answers will help me as I am also planning for the soft landing as soon as I am ready to travel by the end of the year. I have also my sister living in Ottawa but I'm nominated by sask province. So is it possible I can give her address in Ottawa for my PR cards to get deliver or should I need to give an address in saskatchewan only.
Thanks
Hi,

In, yes I am living with my sis in Saskatchewan and I provided her address for the delivery of PR cards, Its absolutely fine that you will provide your sister address in Ottawa, it should not be Saskatchewan address because PR cards issued by Federal government, so don't worry about that, PR card will might take sometime to be delivered, so I strongly suggest to provide your sister address at immigration for the PR cards delivery address as this will be safe.

Good luck.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hey folks ,

Has any COPR holder been able to book tickets on any of the Vande Bharat flights from Mumbai . I have tried booking through British airways , Air France ,Emirates & Lufthansa , No of them are accepting COPR holders irrespetive of whether the COPR was issues prior to the 18th of March or after that.

I currently have an expired COPR , with the above scenario of flights raising a request to the NDVO for a ready to fly request won't make any sense

Hey,

I am interested in this information as well. Did you talk with the customer care of these respective airlines or travel agents? I am seeing a lot of Emirates flights available in September at fairly affordable rates that are going from various locations in India including Mumbai to Toronto but am unclear about the travel requirements. Other than the COPR bit, do you know if UAE needs a transit visa in the current scenario? The only thing that seems clear is that they need a negative PCR test taken within 96 hours prior to the flight from a list of ICMR approved labs in India even for UAE transit passengers.

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
Hey folks ,

IRCC has provided a guideline on Twitter "Please do not finalize travel plans until you receive authorization from IRCC." I know this is not what we would like, but one thing we can do is follow their advice and be patient. I am waiting anxiously for booking my flight as well....

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
SOMEONE RECEIVED THIS COPR EXTENSION LETTER FROM PARIS VO:

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on 2019/10/31 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

As your CoPR and PR visa expired on 2020/04/01, we have extended their validity until 2021/03/26.

At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:

· bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa

· show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.

· use this letter before 2020/10/19

When arranging your travel to Canada, we advise that you book a direct flight to Canada, if possible. If not, we strongly advise that you do not book a flight with more than one international transit stop, since you may encounter issues with local authorities upon transiting through other countries while on route to Canada. Should you book a flight with a stop or layover, it is important to confirm that you have the necessary documentation to transit through that country. This could include a transit visa, for example.

Please note that your passport must also be valid to travel to Canada and you will need to show this letter upon arrival in Canada to the Canada Border Services Agency.

If you are unable to travel before the expiration date of this letter on 2020/10/19, IRCC will leave your PR application open and you will have to go through this CoPR and PRV re-issuance process again when you are able to travel to Canada.

You must follow the public health measures below if you plan to travel to Canada:

· If you travel by air, you will need to pass a health check before you are allowed to board your flight and wear a non-medical mask or face covering during travel (including to the place where you’ll quarantine). Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 won’t be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, delay your travel plans until you are feeling well.

· Once you enter Canada, you must quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days and monitor yourself for symptoms. You must have a plan for how you will isolate for 14 days when you get to Canada and how you will get medical care if you become sick.

· While in isolation, you will not be able to leave where you are staying for any reason. If you do not have a plan for isolation, including how you will buy groceries and access other essential services, please wait to travel until you have made one. The Government of Canada will not cover the cost for accommodation once you are in the country.

· Your compliance with this order is subject to monitoring, verification and enforcement. Those in violation may face detention in a quarantine facility as well as fines and/or imprisonment.

To find out more on public health measures for travellers to Canada and the quarantine requirements, visit:

Fasiuddin

Jun 8, 2018

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on 2019/10/31 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

As your CoPR and PR visa expired on 2020/04/01, we have extended their validity until 2021/03/26.

At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:

· show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.

When arranging your travel to Canada, we advise that you book a direct flight to Canada, if possible. If not, we strongly advise that you do not book a flight with more than one international transit stop, since you may encounter issues with local authorities upon transiting through other countries while on route to Canada. Should you book a flight with a stop or layover, it is important to confirm that you have the necessary documentation to transit through that country. This could include a transit visa, for example.

Please note that your passport must also be valid to travel to Canada and you will need to show this letter upon arrival in Canada to the Canada Border Services Agency.

If you are unable to travel before the expiration date of this letter on 2020/10/19, IRCC will leave your PR application open and you will have to go through this CoPR and PRV re-issuance process again when you are able to travel to Canada.

You must follow the public health measures below if you plan to travel to Canada:

· If you travel by air, you will need to pass a health check before you are allowed to board your flight and wear a non-medical mask or face covering during travel (including to the place where you’ll quarantine). Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 won’t be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, delay your travel plans until you are feeling well.

· Once you enter Canada, you must quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days and monitor yourself for symptoms. You must have a plan for how you will isolate for 14 days when you get to Canada and how you will get medical care if you become sick.

· While in isolation, you will not be able to leave where you are staying for any reason. If you do not have a plan for isolation, including how you will buy groceries and access other essential services, please wait to travel until you have made one. The Government of Canada will not cover the cost for accommodation once you are in the country.

· Your compliance with this order is subject to monitoring, verification and enforcement. Those in violation may face detention in a quarantine facility as well as fines and/or imprisonment.

To find out more on public health measures for travellers to Canada and the quarantine requirements, visit:

will it be same for NDVO

Tango1988

Aug 6, 2020

Thankyou for sharing Nitin!

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

"To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:

be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)"

I think this has changed in the last few days with the addition of the statement in parentheses. I don't remember them being this explicit. Its making me seriously reconsider travelling at this point.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hey folks ,

How will you travel with expired COPR?

Julia lviv

Jul 7, 2020
My story
COPR expired in April
Raised "unable to travel" web forms before and after the date X
Also, raised "ready to travel" form in May
Got only generic responses
After the successful extension story of @ltmcanada, I wrote to my VO Kyiv, Ukraine.
In two weeks got a response, stating that my and dependant's COPRs were extended till Dec. The passport request was in the same letter. They asked to send unused COPRs too.
Sent via courier my documents on 7 August.

After new rules were released, I also sent a new web form with a quarantine and settlement plan. However, I don't think it had anything to do with the VO answer.

On 19 August changes appeared in my profile saying that application is in progress and they are reviewing my eligibility and background. No notification via email or other way. The table with previous visas date disappeared.

21 August - another ghost update. New visas have been counterfoiled.

Waiting for the document to arrive

Kashif_PK

Nov 15, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

"To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:

be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)"

I think this has changed in the last few days with the addition of the statement in parentheses. I don't remember them being this explicit. Its making me seriously reconsider travelling at this point.
How do they prevent someone from leaving, say one or two month after landing in Canada?