+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Hi All,

Require your guidance on the below as to what option we should select in webform.
For type of application/enquiry:
1. Electronic Travel Authorisation OR
2. Permanent Residence Applied Online

If we select option 1 from above then in type of application/ enquiry continued what we should select.
1. ETA- General & Technical enquires OR
2.ETA- Case Specific Enquires.

Reactions: Kay Cee

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi All,

Require your guidance on the below as to what option we should select in webform.

If we select option 1 from above then in type of application/ enquiry continued what we should select.
Permanent Residence Applied Online

Reactions: Kay Cee

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi All,

Is there any option for ETA too??! When I filled the web form I selected pr online.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
We are not supposed to make bookings unless untill we get ETA.So I think we just need to assure them we are travelling to permanently settle.
Finally they are waking up after hibernation. Maybe based on number of webforms raised they might arrange some special flights if commercial flights take some time to resume.

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Still in quarantine! not long to go now. Not really - make sure the place you are in has a decent wifi connection - the place I am in doesn't which is a bit irritating. Maybe best to check the food deliveries too if you are using those. There are a lot of option, it can be quite confusing. If you like a glass of wine etc in the evening, I would recommend Grocery Gateway as you can get everything in one stop, the delivery charges aren't as bad as some, they have been pretty good - plus they accept a non-Canadian credit card which another one I tried, Inabuggy I think, did not.
Not having a decent wifi connection is irritating, regardless of whether you are in quarantine or not. Good to know there are options and thank you for the recommendation. Not a wine person, but I hope they have beer too!

Here are a few silly question for you: Did you go out to throw the trash? Are you allowed to?
Also, what about laundry?

Did you get out of quarantine yet?

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
An example of a Travel Authorization Letter

Must travel by: October 03, 2020

You must travel with a copy of this letter and with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Your application for permanent residence was approved on 2019/07/03 and you have received a confirmation of permanent residence (CRP). If you are from a country subject to visa requirements for travel to Canada, you have also received a permanent residence visa sticker in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence has been approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from travel restrictions.

As your CRP and Permanent Residence Visa (VRP) expire on 2020/06/03, we have extended their validity until 2020/10/31.

We do not currently print or mail new CRPs and VRPs. To travel to Canada, you will need to:

~ bring this letter, along with your original CRP and VRP.
~ show it to the airline agent as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that your new CRP and VRP are valid.
~ use this letter before October 03, 2020
~ make sure you can transit or will travel through other countries with your suggested flight route.

Please note that you must also have a valid passport to travel to Canada, and that you will need to show this letter to a Canada Border Services Agency officer when you arrive in Canada.

If you are unable to travel by the expiration date of this letter, on October 03, 2020 IRCC will leave your application for permanent residence open and you will have to go through the CRP and VRP issuance process again. when you are able to travel to Canada.

You must follow the public health measures below if you plan to travel to Canada:

~ If you are traveling by air, you will need to have a medical check-up before you are allowed to board your flight and wear a non-medical mask or face cover during the trip (including where you will be. in quarantine). Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, put off your travel plans until you feel well.

~ When you arrive in Canada, you will need to quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days and watch for symptoms. You will need to have a plan for how you will quarantine yourself for 14 days when you arrive in Canada and where you will get medical treatment if you become ill.

~ During your quarantine, you will not be able to leave your accommodation for any reason. If you don't have a quarantine plan, which includes how you will purchase groceries and access other essential services, please create one first before traveling. The Government of Canada does not pay for accommodation costs once you are in the country.

~ Your compliance with this decree may be subject to monitoring, auditing, and enforcement action. Those who fail to comply could be held in a quarantine facility, fined or imprisoned.
Hey
Did u actually receive this letter from Cic or your showing a sample letter

Please clarify if you received this letter if so are your parents ready to travel by Oct 3rd ??
Are your parents from India if so what part of India

Did your parents receive this letter? Or you received it via email

I know too many questions but please clarify as my parent's also received COPR but has expired and I was just wondering how and when to apply for an extension and how to bring them to Canada!

Please keep us updated as when would they travel and what is expected at Port of Entry and exit and their experience
Thanx a ton

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Not having a decent wifi connection is irritating, regardless of whether you are in quarantine or not. Good to know there are options and thank you for the recommendation. Not a wine person, but I hope they have beer too!

Here are a few silly question for you: Did you go out to throw the trash? Are you allowed to?
Also, what about laundry?

Did you get out of quarantine yet?
Not sure but I guess you can't sit around with garbage bags piling up. Fortunately the main outside bins are on the premises here and there are washing facilities. Got everything we need.

No will be out in a couple of days..

Oh and yeah they do beer!

Reactions: M160RA