+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
IRCC and NDVO fools waiting for the vaccine to come out , as i predicted !! , is Russian vaccine acceptable? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DCSameep

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
IRCC and NDVO fools waiting for the vaccine to come out , as i predicted !! ;) , is Russian vaccine acceptable?:D
No need for derogatory language.. if it is their opinion not to let many people into their country, respect it.. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours doesn't mean they are wrong or "fools"

I personally feel that it is good, Canada is doing this.. Of course COVID has impacted me.. My plans.. This uncertainty of extension of COPR has thrown me off balance.. but thinking of a bigger picture.. I think landing in early 2021 is a safer and better option..

My opinion may be different than readers of this post :)

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
No need for derogatory language.. if it is their opinion not to let many people into their country, respect it.. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours doesn't mean they are wrong or "fools"

I personally feel that it is good, Canada is doing this.. Of course COVID has impacted me.. My plans.. This uncertainty of extension of COPR has thrown me off balance.. but thinking of a bigger picture.. I think landing in early 2021 is a safer and better option..

Nothing derogatory about it !! They are hypocrites (allowing entry from USA and blocking the rest) and fools indeed, as there is no logic in there decisions and tweets (as they continue to accept new applications even now, without processing any visa from March just for easy money)
what makes you think early 2021 will be safe , the same logic was used by airlines and ircc when the pandemic began, but unfortunately , it has become worse.

I am quite sure they are waiting for a miracle to happen !!! :D

Reactions: nns14 and aadhi90

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019

I condemn the use of strong language myself. It is not the solution. However, I can relate to the person's frustration. IRCC is being illogical and inconsistent at best. They probably have a selfish reason to open all gates for copr holders in the US (tech workers), but it is discriminatory and wrong. People quit their jobs, vacated their rented apartments and have nothing to look forward to in their home countries. The worst thing about all of this is that they have not even cared one bit to put people's fears to rest. There are reports of some students committing suicide. Things are becoming very serious. We need to be calm, but we all must make a coordinated effort to put pressure on IRCC. Otherwise these forums are just stress vents.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
I condemn the use of strong language myself. It is not the solution. However, I can relate to the person's frustration. IRCC is being illogical and inconsistent at best. They probably have a selfish reason to open all gates for copr holders in the US (tech workers), but it is discriminatory and wrong. People quit their jobs, vacated their rented apartments and have nothing to look forward to in their home countries. The worst thing about all of this is that they have not even cared one bit to put people's fears to rest. There are reports of some students committing suicide. Things are becoming very serious. We need to be calm, but we all must make a coordinated effort to put pressure on IRCC. Otherwise these forums are just stress vents.
Completely agree. Everyone may have different opinions about when they want to immigrate but there is no doubt about IRCC being irrational here. If safety of the country was paramount then they would not relax the rules for people immigrating from the country with the highest covid-19 numbers. I think at the very minimum, they should at least let people in(Without any March 18 limitation) from any country based on them submitting some proof showing that their current life in their home country has been impacted due to this uncertainty from the Canadian authorities. The mixed signals with these air bubbles about who can travel is not helping either.

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
IRCC is lucky that I am just using rough language , I am 100% sure by the end of this pandemic , many people will have sued them in court which is much worse than any derogatory language :D !!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Completely agree. Everyone may have different opinions about when they want to immigrate but there is no doubt about IRCC being irrational here. If safety of the country was paramount then they would not relax the rules for people immigrating from the country with the highest covid-19 numbers. I think at the very minimum, they should at least let people in(Without any March 18 limitation) from any country based on them submitting some proof showing that their current life in their home country has been impacted due to this uncertainty from the Canadian authorities. The mixed signals with these air bubbles about who can travel is not helping either.
US gets special treatment from Canada in every aspect and this is not a new thing. There is no point in discussing IRCC being irrational to allow CoPR holders from US as air travel b/w US and Canada was never banned. IRCC is not controlling the government decisions or even the aviation sector. IRCC is just following directions of higher authorities and coming up with processes which are best suited for their applicants (according to them).

Last edited:
Reactions: crackMBA

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Is there anyone here whose COPR was issued after march 18, 2020 and is expired now? Is there any action that we need to do right now in order to get eligible for an extension? Please advise.
Am in the same boat, though my COPR is set to expire in October, would love to know what others who are in the same situation will do/are going to do when their COPR expires.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

I totally agree with you. There are many people you are stuck in similar situation and there is no one to blame. Blame game does not work in any case.
More over, accepting applications and processing them are 2 different things. They are just keeping people in pipeline. Also, IRCC has already issued new guidelines about their settlement plans (same that we need to submit with our "ready to travel" form).

Also, Canada can not say no to USA in any case. There trade will be affected and USA is the most powerful country in the world.

Everyone is in trouble, we might be the most troubled one.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
US gets special treatment from Canada in every aspects and this is not a new thing. There is no point in discussing IRCC being irrational to allow CoPR holders from US as air travel b/w US and Canada was never banned. IRCC is not controlling the government decisions or even the aviation sector. IRCC is just following directions of higher authorities and coming up with processes which are best suited for their applicants (according to them).
Everyone knows that USA gets special treatment from Canada but that does not mean that it is the right thing(for the remaining applicants) from a global perspective. There isn't a "point" in most posts here in this thread anyway. Most of us post opinions and thats about it. What IRCC does or the Canadian government does is their prerogative. All we can do is state our opinions on why we feel it is not right.

Reactions: hinavin and Batina

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
US gets special treatment from Canada in every aspect and this is not a new thing. There is no point in discussing IRCC being irrational to allow CoPR holders from US as air travel b/w US and Canada was never banned. IRCC is not controlling the government decisions or even the aviation sector. IRCC is just following directions of higher authorities and coming up with processes which are best suited for their applicants (according to them).
True @whyCorona. Canada never stopped flights from any place. Europe stopped for smaller period of time but there was nothing like air bubble with any other country except India. Unfortunately it came too late for us.

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
My visa expired on 2 June 2020. I am planning to travel next month i.e September. I am supposed to fill a webform that I am ready to travel. Did I have to show my ticket details too?
Also, I have to share my quarantine plans. I am thinking to go to government quarantine centre. Any idea how much it's gonna cost?

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure but I guess you can't sit around with garbage bags piling up. Fortunately the main outside bins are on the premises here and there are washing facilities. Got everything we need.

No will be out in a couple of days..

Oh and yeah they do beer!
Awesome!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. You are a champ.

Not too long now till you taste freedom!