+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
When you land and have to show POF , does it have to be the amount shown during the PR process/the base amount they require as per their guidelines , or is it okay that it's less than that considering that you would use those funds to book airline tickets, air bnb etc.

Reactions: CountessO

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Thanks for replying!

Congrats on landing! I am assuming you travelled before your COPR expired?

My COPR expired a few months back. I now have to submit a settlement and quarantine plan for IRCC to evaluate and approve.
Yeah, my Copr was due to expire later this month

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi, congrats on your landing. I had a couple of questions:

1. When did you land in Canada?
2. Did the officer ask you whether you intended to settle permanently or not? If so, did they ask for any documentation to prove it? Were you carrying anything documentation to prove this just in case?
Hi there, arrived last week.

They didn't ask, just asked for quarantine plan and permanent address / address for PR card. I had a printout for the quarantine address (an airbnb confirmation) and a printout of my permanent address (my relatives address - just in large letters on a word doc) and just handed them over. I was asked why the quarantine address was different from permanent address to which I said I wanted to be in Toronto close to places I needed to set things up after quarantine (I have booked 3 weeks at the quarantine address - my relatives live well out of the city) and also that my relatives are older so didn't want to take any risks (which is all true). Also asked if we had a plan to get food etc, and said the airbnb host has provided a few days worth, then we will be ordering online. I was warned that I cannot leave and asked if I understood, which I did. Asked how much cash I was carrying to which I said $300. That prompted me being asked for proof of funds. I showed a printout of my previous months bank statement I got from the online bank's website. Was told to take a seat for a few minutes while paperwork was completed. I waited for what felt more like half an hour until called over.

Hope that helps.

someonetookmyname

Oct 16, 2019
Didn't need a visa and yes CoPR issued before March 18th
visa???

they ircc pasted counterfoil on passport (i believe thats the visa right) and copr... these two (passport wherr counterfoil is pasted and copr) are necessary for travel? or is there anything else required for first time landing

Reactions: Captain789

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi sorry don’t know if it’s appropriate here my parents just received their COPR issued July 14th . I know under travel exemptions immediate family of Canadian citizens can come . Does anyone know if I need permission from IRCC for their travel ? Or can they just travel with profs of relationship document.
Congratulations on securing CoPR for your parents!

Additional Permission from IRCC:
IRCC has already allowed for travel in your specific instance/situation, do not see reason for you to seek separate permission.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Documents:
My (opinion) would be, that in addition to all other needfuls such as CoPR, letters from IRCC which came with CoPR etc etc, as proof of immediate relationship,they should carry:
  • Your passport and Canadian PR or Canadian Passport copies.
  • Your birth certificate - with their names of course. Translated in English with notarised / certified copies (you must have used it while applying for sponsorship)
  • Or alternatively, old Indian passport also used to bear parent's names.
  • Your address proof - such as a utility or property tax bill. Or rent / lease agreement
  • Clear isolation plan within your residence - highlighting separate bathroom, bedroom etc.

Reactions: Chiya89

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Congratulations on securing CoPR for your parents!

Additional Permission from IRCC:
IRCC has already allowed for travel in your specific instance/situation, do not see reason for you to seek separate permission.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Documents:
My (opinion) would be, that in addition to all other needfuls such as CoPR, letters from IRCC which came with CoPR etc etc, as proof of immediate relationship,they should carry:
  • Your passport and Canadian PR or Canadian Passport copies.
  • Your birth certificate - with their names of course. Translated in English with notarised / certified copies (you must have used it while applying for sponsorship)
  • Or alternatively, old Indian passport also used to bear parent's names.
  • Your address proof - such as a utility or property tax bill. Or rent / lease agreement
  • Clear isolation plan within your residence - highlighting separate bathroom, bedroom etc.
Thank you

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi,

Where does the applicant reside?
Which is the VO please?

Have been waiting for my Mom's CoPR extension from NDVO *Mississauga ON is the original processing office).
Philippines is the VO

Reactions: hinavin

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Thanks a lot.Sorry to bother you again but could you pls find out which docs she attached to prove her intention of permanent settlement?
They just attached copy of copr, visa and passport..but this was before the new guidelines ..

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

DCSameep

Sep 20, 2019
Posted: 1 day ago

All Canadian Visa Application Centres across India remain closed at this time. #CanadainIndia is working hard to address this over the next several weeks. While the VACs are closed, please do not mail your passports or applications to the High Commission of Canada; they will be returned to you without any action taken. All applications and passports are to be submitted through the VACs once they re-open. Please continue to follow us on social media to learn more about when the VACs will re-open. https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/

Canadian Immigration and Citizenship
VFS Global
I have someone in canadian embassy in delhi. The latest expected date of re-opening is 17-Aug. So let's hope.

Last edited by a moderator: