+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I seeing request for new
I have someone in canadian embassy in delhi. The latest expected date of re-opening is 17-Aug. So let's hope.
By the time they open the embassy , India will be second highest infections in the world and fools in IRCC may change the rules again for the extension!!!

Last edited:

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
People who have landed recently, when does the quarantine end? For example, if landing is on 08 August, do I count this day in the 14 days of quarantine or start counting from 09 August?
Count the day you land. Free to step out on Aug 22.

Apr 18, 2019
HEY, Did have happen to write back to them and get any response?
Please do let us know if you have an update.
hi did you happen to get any reply? we are in the same boat we had raised a ready to travel webform and then replied with our qurantine plan and other details .

Kindly let me know if you got any update. will be helpfull

thank you

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
For the (lucky) ones who have landed - I have a few questions about using the "ArriveCAN" app and what do during quarantine:
  1. For the "How are you entering Canada" and "Entry by Air" option. What did you answer to "is your travel exempt?"
  2. Do you have to report your symptoms everyday through the app?
  3. What else are you required to do when you are in quarantine other than isolating? Do you have to stay in touch with the authorities?
    • Can I provide my textnow number (virtual number) at the airport?

sweety2017

Nov 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

This forum has been extremely helpful with handling my Fathers PR case who will be travelling from NY to Toronto.

I wanted to share our experience.

His COPR and Visa Expired in April 2020. He was unable to travel due to COVID and raised a web form advising that he can’t travel. He received generic emails in response to his web form.

He then raised 3 web forms in June and July advising IRCC that he is ready to travel. He received the generic response to all 3. The web forms were very generic advising IRCC that he was ready to travel from NY to Toronto and that his COPR and VISA had expired and if he can be advised on next steps.

However, he raised another web form in August where he went into a lot of detail and advised them of the following.

Quarantine Plans

How will he travel from the airport to the residence

Where he will be residing, address and the person he will be staying with

How will he have access to groceries and medical help if needed

Once he raised the detailed web form, he received the following reply within a few days.

“Please be advised that we will reissue a new COPR and PRV. Kindly send your documents back, including the COPR, directly to our office. Include a prepaid air waybill, a return envelope and a copy of this email with your invoice. Send it to the attention of xxxxxxx.”

Hope the above helps everyone in the same situation.

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

This forum has been extremely helpful with handling my Fathers PR case who will be travelling from NY to Toronto.

His COPR and Visa Expired in April 2020. He was unable to travel due to COVID and raised a web form advising that he can’t travel. He received generic emails in response to his web form.

He then raised 3 web forms in June and July advising IRCC that he is ready to travel. He received the generic response to all 3. The web forms were very generic advising IRCC that he was ready to travel from NY to Toronto and that his COPR and VISA had expired and if he can be advised on next steps.

However, he raised another web form in August where he went into a lot of detail and advised them of the following.

Quarantine Plans

Once he raised the detailed web form, he received the following reply within a few days.

“Please be advised that we will reissue a new COPR and PRV. Kindly send your documents back, including the COPR, directly to our office. Include a prepaid air waybill, a return envelope and a copy of this email with your invoice. Send it to the attention of xxxxxxx.”

That's great!

What did he say regarding accessing medicals?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi Everyone,

Quarantine Plans

Congratualtions!!

Super helpful thanks.
Let us know about your future progress.

TN89

May 7, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Quarantine Plans

Thank you for sharing,
Congratulations, and please could you tell us when in August did he raise the webform with his plan? And how long it took them to reply?

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Dear All,

My COPR Expired on 25th June 2020, I'm from India, living in UAE. Due to COVID my business is hit by financial loss and have opted for a loan. I believe my situation should improve in a year, paying back loans, securing the required bank balance and should be "Ready to Travel" by Sept 2021.

As referred in our forum, in an instance A New COPR was extended exactly a year from the previous issue expiry date. If the same applies in my case it would be around June 2021 and it will be hard for me to meet that deadline.

My question is:
Is it possible to postpone the landing until Sept 2021?

Appreciate members opinion and advice on my situation.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Dear All,

My COPR Expired on 25th June 2020, I'm from India, living in UAE. Due to COVID my business is hit by financial loss and have opted for a loan. I believe my situation should improve in a year, paying back loans, securing the required bank balance and should be "Ready to Travel" by Sept 2021.

As referred in our forum, in an instance A New COPR was extended exactly a year from the previous issue expiry date. If the same applies in my case it would be around June 2021 and it will be hard for me to meet that deadline.

My question is:
Is it possible to postpone the landing until Sept 2021?

Appreciate members opinion and advice on my situation.
Sorry for your loss in business.

I think this is very early to answer anything related to 1 year from now. Give it some more time and see how it goes. I believe, IRCC will not refuse your application as you are already approved and overcame all the hurdles.

All the best.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Quarantine Plans

Kindly let us know was he asked to give job offer letter by embassy or while boarding?