+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I have ticket with KLM in few weeks. How was the flight? Is middle seat free, and was the plane full or half empty. Any info about the actual airport and flight experience you can't think of, I appreciate it
Hey, so connecting flight from the UK was completely full in 2 rows of 2. The flight from Amsterdam was about half full, maybe a bit more. No one was sitting in a full row of 3, there was either 2 or 1 person in each. It was relatively well spread out to begin with but with quite a few empty seats towards the rear. Once the seat belt signs were switched off they offered / got a few people to move to the back so spread out more.

Amsterdam airport was fine - not empty but not packed either. Your gate shows as E1 but this is where you do your health screening then get told where your gate is during that. Its pretty efficient. As said in previous post the guy from KLM checking documents just before the flight was a bit iffy, I am not sure what would have happened if his colleague didn't intervene and say it was fine to not have a job offer as well. This was the worst and most worrying part of the trip by far.

At Toronto you first have to go through where it 'Permanent Residents' - you can't miss it - then go to a machine to scan your passport, answer questions etc. I found this a little confusing as technically wasn't a PR yet but just got told it was fine (that was the most confusing part for me as haven't seen it mentioned before so wanted to point it out!). Then after that everything is pretty clear / obvious.

Hope that helps - good luck!

Reactions: markmw
Jul 29, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have an expired COPR which was issued on 3/23, I'm ready to travel. I know that I'm not exempt from the four groups. But if I sent a ready to travel form, will they reissue a COPR as they used to be before COVID-19?

Thank you! Wish we all best luck!!

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have an expired COPR which was issued on 3/23, I'm ready to travel. I know that I'm not exempt from the four groups. But if I sent a ready to travel form, will they reissue a COPR as they used to be before COVID-19?

It all depends on the VO. You should take your chances and raise a web-form. It is unfortunate that you didn't even get an opportunity to travel. This dates based entry system is completely senseless and discriminatory - and it doesn't even apply to the US. That's like rubbing salt into the wounds of the rest of the world.

Tweetbird

Jun 14, 2019
People who have landed recently, when does the quarantine end? For example, if landing is on 08 August, do I count this day in the 14 days of quarantine or start counting from 09 August?

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
My COPR was issued last year and expiring on Sep 9 2020. I am planning to travel after Jan 2021. In my case, IRCC has requested to raise a web form only when I m ready to travel. So, do I still need to raise a web form explaining why I postpone my travel to Jan 2021. Did anyone raised a web form for unable to travel while copr is still valid.

Jul 29, 2020
It all depends on the VO. You should take your chances and raise a web-form. It is unfortunate that you didn't even get an opportunity to travel. This dates based entry system is completely senseless and discriminatory - and it doesn't even apply to the US. That's like rubbing salt into the wounds of the rest of the world.
Thanks for reply. I have the same thinking, but I do worried that they reopened my case and completely forgot it. Which may take longer.

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
Hey, so connecting flight from the UK was completely full in 2 rows of 2. The flight from Amsterdam was about half full, maybe a bit more. No one was sitting in a full row of 3, there was either 2 or 1 person in each. It was relatively well spread out to begin with but with quite a few empty seats towards the rear. Once the seat belt signs were switched off they offered / got a few people to move to the back so spread out more.

Amsterdam airport was fine - not empty but not packed either. Your gate shows as E1 but this is where you do your health screening then get told where your gate is during that. Its pretty efficient. As said in previous post the guy from KLM checking documents just before the flight was a bit iffy, I am not sure what would have happened if his colleague didn't intervene and say it was fine to not have a job offer as well. This was the worst and most worrying part of the trip by far.

At Toronto you first have to go through where it 'Permanent Residents' - you can't miss it - then go to a machine to scan your passport, answer questions etc. I found this a little confusing as technically wasn't a PR yet but just got told it was fine (that was the most confusing part for me as haven't seen it mentioned before so wanted to point it out!). Then after that everything is pretty clear / obvious.

Hope that helps - good luck!
Thank you!!

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hello Guys,

Similar situation here. Mine was issued on Mar 21 though it has not expired yet. Please do let me know whether you went ahead and raised the webform. I am still confused about this ' ready to travel' webform. Is that an available option in the dropdown ?

Ramieves

Apr 18, 2020
Similar situation here. Mine was issued on Mar 21 though it has not expired yet. Please do let me know whether you went ahead and raised the webform. I am still confused about this ' ready to travel' webform. Is that an available option in the dropdown ?
My COPR is also issued after March 18th. I sent many "ready to travel" emails, unfortunately it's always generic replies. So only one thing we can do is wait.

SHAJIT

Mar 3, 2020
My COPR is also issued after March 18th. I sent many "ready to travel" emails, unfortunately it's always generic replies. So only one thing we can do is wait.
Mine is also issued after march 18 and the same is expired as well. I approached Ircc, they said we are not exempted. Need to wait

Jul 29, 2020
If yours is not expired you can simply travel to canada