+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

KABAL

Jul 27, 2020
Congratulations. You have conquered mount Everest:) I am flying on 6th of August. My visa expires on 25-08-2020. Do I require ETA (Electronic travel authorisation). What are the important documents that I should carry?
Should I rise a webform to IRCC about my intention to land?
Please do reply. I know you must be jet lagged. You may whatsapp me on 9324766335

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Reactions: CA98712

Jpatidar

Jul 25, 2020
Hey,

I read it. Just making sure. That means expired COPR holders can travel without restrictions? Am I getting too excited?
@whyCorona @Canaspirant xyz @Peaceonly Please help!!
If the words on their website are to be interpreted as is, then indeed, all expired CoPR holders who had it issued before 18th March can travel to Canada. But I would raise a web form and double check just to be sure.

Reactions: crackMBA

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
If the words on their website are to be interpreted as is, then indeed, all expired CoPR holders who had it issued before 18th March can travel to Canada. But I would raise a web form and double check just to be sure.
Sounds like a good idea. I think its difficult to convince airlines staff that we can travel on expired COPR and Visa.

Thanks bud
Let us know what you receive?

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Yes, in the last paragraph they again mentioned to raise a web form and explain for (expired copr holders ). So if we analyse then the protocol remains the same as earlier also it was like raise a web form and inform and now again same process.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey,

I read it. Just making sure. That means expired COPR holders can travel without restrictions? Am I getting too excited?
@whyCorona @Canaspirant xyz @Peaceonly Please help!!
Yes, this is good news. Expired CoPR holders need to raise Ready to Travel webform with supporting documents which should convince officer that they are travelling there permanently. Need to make sure if they can book flight tickets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Hi Friends,

Many of us have already raised READY TO TRAVEL WEB FORM, so should we raise one more along with the details as requested.
OR
Should we wait for this letter as stated On Twitter dated 27.07.2020 “We will send an electronic authorization letter with further instructions on travelling to Canada and landing as a PR once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met.”

Reactions: CountessO

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi Friends,

Many of us have already raised READY TO TRAVEL WEB FORM, so should we raise one more along with the details as requested.
OR
Should we wait for this letter as stated On Twitter dated 27.07.2020 “We will send an electronic authorization letter with further instructions on travelling to Canada and landing as a PR once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met.”
If you are in India then situation is bit skeptical. If you are sure that you can book flight on your planned travel date then please go ahead with your "Ready to travel" webform with required documents mentioned by IRCC.

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
If you are in India then situation is bit skeptical. If you are sure that you can book flight on your planned travel date then please go ahead with your "Ready to travel" webform with required documents mentioned by IRCC.
So you would you be waiting for electronic authorisation from NDVO and then raise web form .

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Yes, this is good news. Expired CoPR holders need to raise Ready to Travel webform with supporting documents which should convince officer that they are travelling there permanently. Need to make sure if they can book flight tickets.
Thanks I read the conditions later on. It a second verification for us.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Its good to take any insurance. Just make sure it covers everything.
I think it would be better to take insurance from Canada based providers. They might be bit expensive but they are more likely to process the claims than indian insurance provides. I would take insurance from indian company for travel abroad only if I just want to fulfill legal requirements of having an insurance. But if I'm looking for actually security and peace of mind. I'll opt an insurance provider has local presence in the destination country as they'll have more cashless hospitals/GP's in network and are more likely to honor insurance claims.