+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

NehaGupta19

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
56
4
33
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
NOC Code......
1111
Hi ,I raised a ready to travel webform on 20th July with all the supporting docs and plans.Should I raise another webform now as per these new set of instructions from IRCC that are updated today ?Any advice will be much appreciated.Thanks!
What are the supporting documents and plans you have? Please mention.
 

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
53
12
My COPR is expiring on August 12th, does this mean I don't have to let them know that I am unwilling to travel currently? Or do we still let them know before expiration?
With the latest IRCC update, it seems that we don't have to raise a webform before the expiry of documents - only when we're ready to travel.

My CoPR expires on 28th August and I was also planning to raise one before seeing these new details.

However, I'm unsure how early before the new travel date should we raise the 'ready to travel' form....?
 
  • Like
Reactions: tjhunt

CNP

Hero Member
Oct 26, 2018
831
332
That is precisely what I'm thinking - why would people actually prefer to travel now when it is much riskier, expensive and an uphill battle - all this while when even the Canadian government isn't sure on how or when to allow people in that group. My COPR will be no be valid post first week of August and I can't find a flight on VB. There isn't any other way to get to Canada nor am I sure of what to do there now with the SIN and PR card processing time delayed like never before. Not mention the slump in job market. Even for somebody who is unemployed in their home country - how is it easier or economically viable to be unemployed abroad unless they truly believe the job market (which even otherwise has a reputation "Canadian experience") in Canada will treat them better. Of course lack of clarity and fear of losing out an immigration opportunity does make you think twice but logically speaking I don't know how worth is traveling now especially when they have assured that they won't cancel the visa.
Completely agree!!
 

Mohit Mogla

Full Member
Jun 15, 2019
31
3
What are your views guyz on this new update.I think it is totally dependent upon visa officer whether he is impressed with your plan or not.My COPR is expiring end of August and I am unwilling to travel but this update is not providing a concrete assurance of getting an extension.
 

crackMBA

Hero Member
Mar 2, 2015
862
376
India
I think it would be better to take insurance from Canada based providers. They might be bit expensive but they are more likely to process the claims than indian insurance provides. I would take insurance from indian company for travel abroad only if I just want to fulfill legal requirements of having an insurance. But if I'm looking for actually security and peace of mind. I'll opt an insurance provider has local presence in the destination country as they'll have more cashless hospitals/GP's in network and are more likely to honor insurance claims.
That is good actually but if you can get in contact with any of the insurance provider in Canada from India.
Secondly, please avoid getting a insurance after landing in Canada during this pandemic. Do not risk your life.
 

crackMBA

Hero Member
Mar 2, 2015
862
376
India
What are your views guyz on this new update.I think it is totally dependent upon visa officer whether he is impressed with your plan or not.My COPR is expiring end of August and I am unwilling to travel but this update is not providing a concrete assurance of getting an extension.
What I think, they are delaying it as much as possible to curb the influx of people. They have not mentioned refusal of PR. So that means extension will be provided but on case by case basis or the situation improves in the world.
You have 1 month, you should try to fly asap.
 

crackMBA

Hero Member
Mar 2, 2015
862
376
India
D
Hi ,I raised a ready to travel webform on 20th July with all the supporting docs and plans.Should I raise another webform now as per these new set of instructions from IRCC that are updated today ?Any advice will be much appreciated.Thanks!
Did you provide every document mentioned in the list with the reason to travel?
 

Canaspirant xyz

Hero Member
Aug 21, 2018
963
487
Hi Friends,



Many of us have already raised READY TO TRAVEL WEB FORM, so should we raise one more along with the details as requested.
OR
Should we wait for this letter as stated On Twitter dated 27.07.2020 “We will send an electronic authorization letter with further instructions on travelling to Canada and landing as a PR once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met.”
May be ETA and web form are interconnected.
 

crackMBA

Hero Member
Mar 2, 2015
862
376
India
  1. Raise webform and show proof/ willingness to settle permanently
  2. Even if you do point 1 , your reason needs to be compelling. There’s a list of what they consider compelling , if you don’t fit any of those then it’s up to the officer to decide.
  3. Also your country should not have any exit limitation ( If you live in India, Vande Bharat is the only way out. They may not consider that limiting but the truth is even if they don’t think so, it’s difficult if not impossible to book a VB flight)


All in all , stay put, try to stay sane, wait for next summer when things are hopefully better and then ask for an extension.

However , If you’ve got enough funds to last you through the winter and a very difficult job market then go for it.
I second you. We can not submit any proof for point 3. As mentioned they would confirm from the visa issuing country before taking a decision and I do not see any silver lining before the start of commercial flights.
 

crackMBA

Hero Member
Mar 2, 2015
862
376
India
That is precisely what I'm thinking - why would people actually prefer to travel now when it is much riskier, expensive and an uphill battle - all this while when even the Canadian government isn't sure on how or when to allow people in that group. My COPR will be no be valid post first week of August and I can't find a flight on VB. There isn't any other way to get to Canada nor am I sure of what to do there now with the SIN and PR card processing time delayed like never before. Not mention the slump in job market. Even for somebody who is unemployed in their home country - how is it easier or economically viable to be unemployed abroad unless they truly believe the job market (which even otherwise has a reputation "Canadian experience") in Canada will treat them better. Of course lack of clarity and fear of losing out an immigration opportunity does make you think twice but logically speaking I don't know how worth is traveling now especially when they have assured that they won't cancel the visa.
You are right. I agree with you. No point of travelling. Job markets are really messed up and Toronto is no cheap city to live.
 

BillyWescott

Hero Member
May 24, 2019
264
136
The update is confusing. It does not talk about redoing medicals or medicals extension. Since it does not mention it one could be led to believe that applicants don't need to retake that. But the person I mentioned who depends on the Paris VO has to redo the medical visit so....
 

crackMBA

Hero Member
Mar 2, 2015
862
376
India
Thank you for the information.
I have a query.
It mentions to raise a web form to travel with
1. Location and work. I don’t have a job and how anyone can secure a job from their home country and that too without a Canadian experience??
2. Travel plans are highly doubtful in India. The only way out is VBM and if not impossible l, it is quite difficult to book yourself and that too at a very high cost.
What should we do?
They are just delaying it becasue they want to curb the influx of people. Also, I do not see any solid travel doc unless commercial flights resume.
 

Canaspirant xyz

Hero Member
Aug 21, 2018
963
487
I second you. We can not submit any proof for point 3. As mentioned they would confirm from the visa issuing country before taking a decision and I do not see any silver lining before the start of commercial flights.
But VBM flights are operating and its not the case that our country is not allowing us to exit.Infact a lot of flights via usa are also going to Canada .