+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Good to hear that. Congrats. Did you receive any email notification when this was updated?

Thanks
no. there was no email notification. Just the one update in EE profile. But this all is so vague and different for everyone. I dont know what that really means and for how long is it extended.

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
My COPR expired on July 24th. Just wanted to confirm if others whose COPR has expired see similar changes to their GC Key login profile:

1. Biometric details have vanished for both me and my wife (dependent)
2. In the Document Status section, it says 'Your document has expired.'

Reactions: Adam261

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
My COPR expired on July 24th. Just wanted to confirm if others whose COPR has expired see similar changes to their GC Key login profile:

1. Biometric details have vanished for both me and my wife (dependent)
2. In the Document Status section, it says 'Your document has expired.'
same case for me also July 24, copr expired .

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Govt of Canada and IRCC had made a mockery of this whole situation. COPR extensions should be happening centrally from Canada like our Indian FSW processing happened. Like each and every VO will play around with us as per their own terms. NDVO is not ready to even start working when other embassies in India have already resumed work. I have sent 3 ready to travel forms but not a single change in my application till date. GOD knows when this misery will end.

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
It is always better to buy insurance when you travel abroad. Health facility is very costly in Canada as well as in Europe. Take insurance for 2-3 weeks as you will not have any health insurance during initial 14 days of quarantine and it will also cover your travel time also.
I took Reliance travel insurance for 60 days at INR 3594.

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello, can you please help me?

I now have bsf186 and bsf186a forms.

For my first landing I make 2 copies of these forms, mentioning some clothing, cosmetics, phone etc, right?

Then I also make 2 more copies of bsf186a form, mark it with goods to follow. Am I correct?
When I landed on 25th July, they did not ask for the list of goods that I accompany. They just asked the list of goods to follow. Anyhow, carry two copies of each pre-filled either manually or printed.

Reactions: Captain789

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Govt of Canada and IRCC had made a mockery of this whole situation. COPR extensions should be happening centrally from Canada like our Indian FSW processing happened. Like each and every VO will play around with us as per their own terms. NDVO is not ready to even start working when other embassies in India have already resumed work. I have sent 3 ready to travel forms but not a single change in my application till date. GOD knows when this misery will end.
If you read carefully Indian VOs are waiting for international flights resumption (not the special ones). I think PR applications FSW are processed by local VO and not by Central control office.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

KABAL

Jul 27, 2020
Hi all,

On 25th July morning, I landed Toronto from Delhi via Air India VBM flight. The flight was on time and landed on time. All the food and water kept in front of the seat. Landed safely and after couple of hours of formalities at Pearson airport ( bit crowded on that day, surprisingly) , went to my quarantine place ( Private room with private washroom, common kitchen and laundry) through Uber taxi. I told the airbnb host clearly that I am coming for quarantine before booking and she agreed. Actually I tried with 4 or 5 places and finally only one accepted me for quarantine purpose. My advice is that, if you book airbnb, please chat with host, get confirmation and then only book to avoid any conflicts later. There are quite a number hosts offer quarantine stay but you need to confirm the purpose before booking.

At Pearson airport, they asked me the quarantine plan including how I would avail food and other essentials. I told about airbnb in detail and went to immigration counter. They asked only 4 questions - Do you have any criminal records , any other dependents, PR card address, How much money that I carry. Nothing else. He asked me to sign the COPR copies. That is all. I carried 7000 CAD plus bank statement but he did not ask for any proof or follow up question on POF. At immigration desk, I spent only about less than 10 mins.

After that, I collected my check in bags, went to customs desk and gave them the list of goods to follow. They did not ask me any question and gave an acknowledgment and receipt that I should produce while bringing those items.

After serving 14 days quarantine, I am planning to complete other formalities that are essential to work in Canada.

My gratitude to all of those who are in this forum for sharing their experiences and suggestions, which are really helping each other. I wish and pray that all of you have your turns soon. Thank you.

KABAL

Jul 27, 2020
Congratulations. You have conquered mount Everest:) I am flying on 6th of August. My visa expires on 25-08-2020. Do I require ETA (Electronic travel authorisation). What are the important documents that I should carry?
Should I rise a webform to IRCC about my intention to land?
Please do reply. I know you must be jet lagged. You may whatsapp me on 9324766335