+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hey guys,

I got my COPR approved before 18 Mar and expiry is on 1 Oct. Please help on the below points. I am planning to fly in after 1st week of September.

1. Did any member of the group having COPR landed successfully in Canada using Lufthansa airlines from Delhi or India (connecting flight from Frankfurt)?

2. Is Lufthansa allowing COPR holders to board the flight as their site does not mention about COPR anywhere?

3. Has anybody landed using Qatar Airways (connecting flight from Doha)?

4. Lufthansa or Qatar airways are operational from Delhi Airport to Canada?

5. Can booking be done for September flights right now and will that be considered as a repatriation flight or it is just present there in the system and too risky to book now?

Any suggestion, advice or experience sharing would be helpful.
I don't have much answers here, but my understanding so far says that answer to second question is likely to be no. You can find more people in similar situation discussing this topic in another thread. Here is one post from that thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/traveling-flights-to-canada-from-india-during-covid-19.695056/post-8740268

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
As per my read, its letter with instructions for CoPR extension and not the travel permit. It should be sent by local VOs which had processed your application.
'further instructions' mean further delay the VO looks like will open when they get the vaccine !!! The IRCC are dam scarred of the virus !!!

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
For COPR holders who moved to Canada recently, which health insurance did you buy for the initial few months? I suppose they will check that once you arrive at airport or land border
It is always better to buy insurance when you travel abroad. Health facility is very costly in Canada as well as in Europe. Take insurance for 2-3 weeks as you will not have any health insurance during initial 14 days of quarantine and it will also cover your travel time also.

Last edited:

Ele639

Dec 9, 2019
Is there anybody travelling to Toronto, from Hyderabad between 31st july and 7th Aug? An urgent document is to be sent, please let me know!

Amir681796

Jun 13, 2019
Hey guys,

I got my COPR approved before 18 Mar and expiry is on 1 Oct. Please help on the below points. I am planning to fly in after 1st week of September.

1. Did any member of the group having COPR landed successfully in Canada using Lufthansa airlines from Delhi or India (connecting flight from Frankfurt)?

2. Is Lufthansa allowing COPR holders to board the flight as their site does not mention about COPR anywhere?

5. Can booking be done for September flights right now and will that be considered as a repatriation flight or it is just present there in the system and too risky to book now?

For now only realistic travel option out of India is via VBM. Do follow all the updates put by AI on social media. Also the schedule for VBM is only announced for August. For any booking after that is just betting your money on the normal resumption of commercial flights out of India.

I would suggest you to follow the below thread which is more suitable for discussion regarding travel out of India

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/traveling-flights-to-canada-from-india-during-covid-19.695056/page-12

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Prepare two list one for items you are carrying and one for the items to follow. The second list for items to follow is stamped by CBSA at the landing so that you don't have to go through customs clearance and all at later date.

Hello, can you please help me?

I now have bsf186 and bsf186a forms.

For my first landing I make 2 copies of these forms, mentioning some clothing, cosmetics, phone etc, right?

Then I also make 2 more copies of bsf186a form, mark it with goods to follow. Am I correct?

Last edited:

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Guys I have come to know they will send ETA letter.Electronic travel Authorisation letter to all primary applicants with expired copr.We had sent some one in Delhi to check with the progress.So they told that may be in August they might send these ETAs to us.I am really hopeful now.May be in Aug there offices will start working with increased capacity.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
If anyone lives in Delhi please try to go to Canada high commission in Delhi Chanakyapuri office ...so that the news can be confirmed.The person whom I sent did not ask specifically that do we need to submit passports again or not.So if someone is able and interested to go pls ask them this question.

Reactions: rockmyway

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
If anyone lives in Delhi please try to go to Canada high commission in Delhi Chanakyapuri office ...so that the news can be confirmed.The person whom I sent did not ask specifically that do we need to submit passports again or not.So if someone is able and interested to go pls ask them this question.
Did you get any reply on your ready to travel form

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Guys I have come to know they will send ETA letter.Electronic travel Authorisation letter to all primary applicants with expired copr.We had sent some one in Delhi to check with the progress.So they told that may be in August they might send these ETAs to us.I am really hopeful now.May be in Aug there offices will start working with increased capacity.
I just hope this is true.
Thanks

NaveenT

Jun 9, 2020
Hey guys,

Hi,

We traveled by Qatar airways from Delhi to Toronto via Doha. They only accept people with CoPR approved before 18th of March.

I'd contacted luftansa before flying out. But they were only taking Canadian citizens and permanent residents then, not CoPR holders. Not sure if they changed the rules now

I'd advise against making a booking for a September flight right now because the situation is constantly evolving and no one is sure when normalcy world return wrt to International flights