COPR and coronavirus

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
This thread is no longer about copr and covid19 it's officialy about indian flights and coronavirus...
Why don't you guys create a new thread abt the flights and keep this one only about copr issuance and extension news ??
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Not a bad idea.

Equally, if you have any questions, please ask and someone usually tries to respond. It seems to be working in my humble opinion - perhaps less than perfect but there is enough value for many readers.

Since its a popular thread, there seems to be value I personally find in reading and responding to all related questions!

Unless I missed, don't see any question from ourself! Your first only post is take something to another thread, as I could find. :)

Thanks for your understanding!

Best,

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Reactions: pkhare23

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

Previously I had shared on this thread that my passport (COPR stamped) is stuck that the VAC since all the VAC in India are closed since lockdown and I had received the collection message right before lockdown started in March so I couldn't collect it on time.

Update: A couple of weeks ago or so and this previous week I received a SMS and email respectively claiming to be from VFS Global stating that I can call them at the given number (shared in the SMS/email) and ask my passport to be couriered to me. The SMS wasn't very detailed and I suspected it to be fraudulent. However, I did try the number and from looking up online and on Truecaller app it turned out to be Russian VAC. I couldn't get through as nobody would answer the call even after waiting for 5-10 minutes and there wasn't any message as such that announced the wait time. I didn't think much of it and left it there.

Again, the previous week on weekend (Saturday), I received an email - this time with my tracking ID for passport stating that the staff at Canadian VAC have observed my passport is still t the VAC and that I can call the shared number to have it arranged for a courier to my place. The timings are weekdays so I haven't made a call yet. Before I try again, I just wanted to shared here and ask if anybody else has receved it themselves or if somebody they know have got a similar communication? Again the number is Russian VAC and doens't match the number on Canadian VAC website for India. On replying to the them email it bounced back with an error.

Not sure how to validate or verify.
Anybody has any idea on this? There were few posts here with people in the same position so just want to be sure if they have received any similar communication.

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Does anyone know what this means? I received this response after raising ready to travel web form...

We have received your enquiry regarding the addition of a document to your application. However, it appears that the document in question was not included with your request.

In order to assist you, we invite you to resend your enquiry along with the document by filling out the IRCC Web form.

Once received, we will gladly forward your document to the responsible office.

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
I am a FSW Outland COPR expired case...i had provided them details on web form about my quarantine plan, possible dates for travel and mentioned that my husband has a job once we land there. Do we have to actually book flight tickets, hotel accommodation and show them proof of funds or offer letter? Is that the document of proof that they are asking for?

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Does anyone know who traveled to Canada in the last 2 weeks from US, want to know the impact of 10th July announcement and what questions are being asked at the entry (regarding soft landing)

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody has any idea on this? There were few posts here with people in the same position so just want to be sure if they have received any similar communication.
Don't expect the same level of professionalism from the VACs, most of the people who work there seem young and have minimal education so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they are sending texts that don't appear to be legitimate.
Also you aren't sharing details. Why VAC in Russia? Did you send your passport to them?

Pathis07

Dec 1, 2018
Hi there,

Anyone from South Africa?

My husband and I received COPR on 08 January 2020, it expired 03 May 2020.
We raised webforms before and after saying we were unable and unwilling to travel.
We have just sent the 'Ready to Travel' form and are waiting for a response.

Visa offices in SA for Canada are still closed, but flights are available through some airlines to Canada. The embassy has said they will issue a letter permitting travel for those with valid documentation. At this moment we are waiting for instruction around expired COPR in order to leave like most people in this forum.

Keen to hear if anyone in SA has managed to leave the country with a valid COPR at this time?
Or is anyone in a similar position with expired COPR?

Thanks!
Hi Suey,
My husband and I are in a similar situation with our visa expiring in August. We will be unable to travel before then as the Indian govt has not allowed operation of any international flights and we cannot adhere to the 14 day quarantine rules in Canada
Is there is a specific 'Ready to Travel' form which you raised? everywhere I go I get to this page - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

Can you please help me with how you went about submitting the 'Ready to Travel' form.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Pathis

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
I am a FSW Outland COPR expired case...i had provided them details on web form about my quarantine plan, possible dates for travel and mentioned that my husband has a job once we land there. Do we have to actually book flight tickets, hotel accommodation and show them proof of funds or offer letter? Is that the document of proof that they are asking for?
You should try to communicate to the Consulate General of Canada in your country, explaining the situation. There was a case of a person with expired COPR, who managed to contact the consulate in Brazil and received a positive response about the ability to fly - one day prior to the travel - after raising a "ready to travel" webform and receiveing only general responses. In this specific case they asked for the flight tickets, but you should try to e-mail them first.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
You should try to communicate to the Consulate General of Canada in your country, explaining the situation. There was a case of a person with expired COPR, who managed to contact the consulate in Brazil and received a positive response about the ability to fly - one day prior to the travel - after raising a "ready to travel" webform and receiveing only general responses. In this specific case they asked for the flight tickets, but you should try to e-mail them first.
By positive response you mean they provided authorization letter to allow him to land as permanent resident? Does that mean no need to resubmit passports?

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Thanks! will give it a try

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
By positive response you mean they provided authorization letter to allow him to land as permanent resident? Does that mean no need to resubmit passports?
Apparenty, yes - in this specific case - the consulate provided authorization letter so the person could land in Canada as permanent resident.