+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
I haven't booked as of yet ... As far as I can see only possible option currently available is to take AI to Paris or Frankfurt and then take connecting flight from those airport.... You planning to travel ??
Unfortunately No...as i have expired COPR...was planning to raise ready to travel form considering available travel options

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

Me and my husband have a COPR that expires in Mid August and we are currently based in India. As there are no international flights, we are currently unable to travel.

However, flights to US start this week from India. Both of us have a valid B1/B2 visa. Does anyone know if we can transit via US to Canada at this point of time?

I do know that US folks with H1B/other valid visas have been flying to Canada for soft landing.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Regards,
Navya
I know someone with a similar case as yours who flew yesterday to England and took a connection to Vancouver. Landed already. Probably best to just book a similar ticket through a travel agent.

SueyZA

Jul 4, 2020
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cape Town
Hi there,

Anyone from South Africa?

My husband and I received COPR on 08 January 2020, it expired 03 May 2020.
We raised webforms before and after saying we were unable and unwilling to travel.
We have just sent the 'Ready to Travel' form and are waiting for a response.

Visa offices in SA for Canada are still closed, but flights are available through some airlines to Canada. The embassy has said they will issue a letter permitting travel for those with valid documentation. At this moment we are waiting for instruction around expired COPR in order to leave like most people in this forum.

Keen to hear if anyone in SA has managed to leave the country with a valid COPR at this time?
Or is anyone in a similar position with expired COPR?

Thanks!

navyasri99

Jul 4, 2018
I know someone with a similar case as yours who flew yesterday to England and took a connection to Vancouver. Landed already. Probably best to just book a similar ticket through a travel agent.
Hi Thanks for your reply. I will check with a travel agent. I was under the impression that Indians cannot travel to EU currently.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi there,

We raised webforms before and after saying we were unable and unwilling to travel.

Visa offices in SA for Canada are still closed, but flights are available through some airlines to Canada. The embassy has said they will issue a letter permitting travel for those with valid documentation. At this moment we are waiting for instruction around expired COPR in order to leave like most people in this forum.

Keen to hear if anyone in SA has managed to leave the country with a valid COPR at this time?

Thanks!
Check this post from this thread. He has received CoPR extension.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-493#post-8721898

Reactions: SueyZA

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
You can transit through EU countries
No. You can’t. While you could have transited if it was a through checkin on luggage until Toronto / Vancouver, it is not in this case. I had called Air India to check if it was possible, but they categorically said the luggage will have to be picked at last point as mentioned on the ticket. Which would be a EU destination. Then while changing the airline you might have to change terminal, requiring to enter Schengen...effectively meaning you need a visa.
https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aamt/zugastimaa/buergerservice/faq/33-transit/606710

I checked with at least two travel agents, and both advised against taking this route. Some people might have succeeded with help of Airlines staff they said, but that was when less passengers were moving in April May. It’s a risk to take.

PS: This is for transit via Europe. Not aware about US.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi there,

Thanks!
Did High commision of Canada in South Africa confirmed that they will issue a letter permitting travel? Because earlier someone with success story for COPR extension had to resubmit the passports for getting new COPR and PRV's.

Kavitaforpt

Aug 17, 2018
Does any one know for sure that we can use Air France or Air India flight and further connection to canada?
Without any travel document or transit visa for france

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Vande Bharat is offering flights from India to US, so can one travel to Canada through US if they have B1 visa?