+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Anyone who received their COPR and passport stamp after the 18th of March? Have you taken any action yet?
I just got my COPR and passport. Issued on 21st March and expiry of 9 September so I missed the exemption date. As far as i know, we can't take any "action" yet. We have to wait for Canada to either extend that exemption date or make some kind of announcement on how they plan on letting people left out from the exemptions fly there. That is pretty much the first step really and we can only make travel plans after that.

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018
Can anybody guide what does 'all in-person permanent resident landing appointment at our offices in Canada until further notice' mean?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Can anybody guide what does 'all in-person permanent resident landing appointment at our offices in Canada until further notice' mean?
That message is for inland applicants.. you are an outland applicant so it shouldn't make any difference. Plus if possible please paste the whole message.

Thanks

Last edited:

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
When I reached out to IRCC, they only told me that "if your documents are expiring or have already expired, rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to come to Canada". It isn't very inspiring of confidence, but I guess I don't have much of a choice. It doesn't help that my flights were cancelled, too. I wish I could just get an explicit "your CoPR has been extended for another x amount of months" instead of hoping the government doesn't deny my CoPR once it lapses.
Don't we well brother?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Reactions: crackMBA

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Anyone who received their COPR and passport stamp after the 18th of March? Have you taken any action yet?
Hey I am in the same boat,, when did your passport got stamped?? Just keep doing mags on Twitter n raise a web form for a request or to put pressure for allowing copr holders approved after 18th March..

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
I just got my COPR and passport. Issued on 21st March and expiry of 9 September so I missed the exemption date. As far as i know, we can't take any "action" yet. We have to wait for Canada to either extend that exemption date or make some kind of announcement on how they plan on letting people left out from the exemptions fly there. That is pretty much the first step really and we can only make travel plans after that.
People are doing random request on twitter,, you can do the needful in the hope they might open after seeing so many requests. Rest if u l get any update please reply

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
People are doing random request on twitter,, you can do the needful in the hope they might open after seeing so many requests. Rest if u l get any update please reply
They have exempted US copr holders approved after 18th before extending CANADA US ban,, so hopefully they ll do the same with us ( just an assumption)

wondergirl88

Jul 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am an H1B visa holder working in the USA and my COPR got approved in May (including family). Can anyone answer my below questions?

1) Can I travel with my family to Canada and come back to the USA after a month as I do not have a job in Canada, so do not want to settle there now during COVID. Planning to move by Next year permanently.

2) My current H1B does not have stamping on the Indian passport. Can we come back to the USA from Canada within 30 days without a visa stamped?
Has anyone traveled recently from Canda to the USA on H1B?

3) Also, I have raised a webform that I can't travel right now as my COPR is expiring in August. Whether we get a confirmation email after raising webform and after how many days can we get a response from IRCC.

Thanks all.