+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Successful COPR Extension Story:

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader in this forum since I started the EE journey in 2019. This site has been of tremendous help to me. I'm now posting for the first time just to share my COPR extension experience and timeline. I hope that you all find it useful too.

• Current location: Europe
  • VO: Vienna
  • 1st COPR: issued on 17.01.2020; valid until 17.04.2020
  • Obviously couldn't travel because of Covid-19
  • Raised webforms and emailed Vienna VO directly on 20.03.2020 and 15.04.2020 about inability to land before 1st COPR expiry due to travel restrictions and flight cancellations.
  • Vienna VO confirmed via email on 16.04.2020 that they had re-opened my file and that I should inform them when I am ready to travel.
  • Received email notification that my CIC profile had been updated on 17.04.2020. Logged in and saw that the status was changed from Approved to In progress.
  • Randomly logged in my CIC profile sometime in June and noticed that Medical exam was marked passed again on 26.05.2020 (no email notification received though). So this meant Vienna VO extended my medical automatically. But at that time I didn't know for how long.
  • After seeing in this forum different responses people received after raising "ready to travel" webforms, I decided to write directly to Vienna VO (without raising any webform) on 06.07.2020 and asked them to confirm:
    • If I am ready travel now and given that COPR extension is provided, am I exempt from the Canadian travel restrictions? Or because new COPR would be issued after 18th March, I am no longer exempt?
    • What is the new validity of my medical?
  • Vienna VO responded the next day 07.07.2020:
    • "Your understanding is correct that you would meet the Travel Restrictions Exemptions since your initial documents were issued before March 2020.
      We could therefore reissue the documents to you and you would travel with the old and new set of documents to prove that you meet the exemption.
      The new validity of your immigrating documents will be 17 April 2021."
    • In the same email, they sent me a new Ready for Visa/Passport request letter with the same instructions as the one I received before my 1st COPR.
    • On the same day my CIC profile was updated with this letter too.
  • Sent passports + photos on 09.07.2020 to Berlin VAC
  • Berlin VAC received my package and forwarded it to Vienna VO on 13.07.2020
  • Vienna VO received my package on 14.07.2020
  • Today 15.07.2020 Vienna VO issued my new visa which is valid until 07.04.2021 (I saw this when logging in my CIC) and sent it back to Berlin VAC.
  • Now I'm excitedly waiting for Berlin VAC to contact me when they receive the decision envelope and I will pay for their courier service to return it to my address.
So keep calm and stay hopeful guys, I trust everyone will get extension sooner or later. Good luck to everyone!

this is the best post i have ever seen
finaly one extantion case
it seems that it will be an athurization to travel
i hope all our cases will run fast as yours
all the best for u
plz share ur landing experience when u land

Reactions: ltmcanada

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I
Normal flights may not happen based on current situation, in fact the rate of infection in India is increasing at high speed , there is high chance they may ban travel like they have done with USA. The embassy should just speed up the COPR extension (use e-visas) so that people can use the VB flights to permanently settle , before things worsen .
I also hope that they issue E-visa but it is highly unlikely.
Getting a ticket in VB is also very difficult.
Are talking about Canada's travel ban from USA?

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I

I also hope that they issue E-visa but it is highly unlikely.
Getting a ticket in VB is also very difficult.
Are talking about Canada's travel ban from USA?
If they follow the normal process of issuing another PPR, Photos and stamping etc , it will take the whole year, at least at NDVO !!! guaranteed.
VB is the only option, as these flights will continue ,other airlines are only taking citizens of there own country only and i don't think the authorities will give permission to use other flights which are cheaper than AI , to mint more money.
USA ban yes.

Reactions: nt13

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I don't think NDVO is going to open anytime soon. Seems like they're opening up offices where it's relatively safer, India obviously isn't one of those places.
What's worse is if they take too long to open and process and winter sets in. Landing and having to run around setting up in the cold, in addition to a job market that might be relatively closed for the holidays isn't going to help. I'd hate to have to mentally prepare myself for landing next summer :(

For places where the local visa offices are closed the head office really needs to step up and start issuing E-Visa's immediately

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
If they follow the normal process of issuing another PPR, Photos and stamping etc , it will take the whole year, at least at NDVO !!! guaranteed.
VB is the only option, as these flights will continue ,other airlines are only taking citizens of there own country only and i don't think the authorities will give permission to use other flights which are cheaper than AI , to mint more money.
USA ban yes.
I can understand the sentiments and I am also in the same situation but things can not be changed in reality. I really hope for e-Visa.
Only road travel is ban, flights are still operating. Here is an example: https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/florida-couple-violates-canada-coronavirus-quarantine-act/67-a280440c-7b31-462b-b46c-6a9aca20134b

My friends have traveled from Toronto-DC recently.

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I don't think NDVO is going to open anytime soon. Seems like they're opening up offices where it's relatively safer, India obviously isn't one of those places.
What's worse is if they take too long to open and process and winter sets in. Landing and having to run around setting up in the cold, in addition to a job market that might be relatively closed for the holidays isn't going to help. I'd hate to have to mentally prepare myself for landing next summer :(

For places where the local visa offices are closed the head office really needs to step up and start issuing E-Visa's immediately
Tough times !!! most people may be regretting for not travelling before COPR expiry, using VB flights. NDVO has to realize that things will only get worse ,and better start operating like other countries who have opened there visa office.

Last edited:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Yes, you are right. Although June nos for employments were better but still job market is totally damaged. Businesses are closing and its more difficult to settle in Winters than Summers.
Just hope to get e-VIsa.

Reactions: RT8

Mohit Mogla

Jun 15, 2019
My COPR will expire in August and I am unwilling to travel right now.
Do I need to raise webform right now or when I am ready to travel?

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Guys is commencing of commercial flights or air bubbles to Canada from India a sign that NDVO will then process our extension? Are the two inter related ?

priyankaheber

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

Me and my husband are planning to soft land on July 30th and we have planned to quarantine ourselves as well for 14days which includes our plan on how to manage to get groceries.

We plan to leave back to Bahrain after the 14 days quarantine period on Aug 15th, as per the new guidelines updated as on 10th July could anyone please let us know if someone has travelled in the recent days to soft land and if you faced any challenges or simply if you were allowed to soft land?

Also we received our CoPR before March 18, 2020 and it is valid till 20th Sept.

Would really appreciate if someone could help us out here.

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks! I am in Delhi, India. I haven't booked air tickets yet, but am planning to book and send them a copy. I'll request for extending the COPR and PRV for that date.
Do you still plan on booking a ticket and sending it, to ask for extension?