+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am an H1B visa holder working in the USA and my COPR got approved in May (including family). Can anyone answer my below questions?

1) Can I travel with my family to Canada and come back to the USA after a month as I do not have a job in Canada, so do not want to settle there now during COVID. Planning to move by Next year permanently.

2) My current H1B does not have stamping on the Indian passport. Can we come back to the USA from Canada within 30 days without a visa stamped?
Has anyone traveled recently from Canda to the USA on H1B?

3) Also, I have raised a webform that I can't travel right now as my COPR is expiring in August. Whether we get a confirmation email after raising webform and after how many days can we get a response from IRCC.

Thanks all.
In my opinion:
1. Yes. But the Canadian immigration is discouraging 'soft landings' for now. Probability is still low that they will ask hard proof, if you mention that you are moving permanently.
2. Yes. Many have used Automatic Revalidation in July to come back.
3. IRCC said, no need to raise webform if you are not able to travel. Just let them know when you can and they will send next steps. Most probably they will just extend the visa later.

Also, you don't need to go with family. Only the primary needs to go before COPR expiry. You should search for details.

Let us know how it goes. Feel free to PM me

Reactions: wondergirl88

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

Previously I had shared on this thread that my passport (COPR stamped) is stuck that the VAC since all the VAC in India are closed since lockdown and I had received the collection message right before lockdown started in March so I couldn't collect it on time.

Update: A couple of weeks ago or so and this previous week I received a SMS and email respectively claiming to be from VFS Global stating that I can call them at the given number (shared in the SMS/email) and ask my passport to be couriered to me. The SMS wasn't very detailed and I suspected it to be fraudulent. However, I did try the number and from looking up online and on Truecaller app it turned out to be Russian VAC. I couldn't get through as nobody would answer the call even after waiting for 5-10 minutes and there wasn't any message as such that announced the wait time. I didn't think much of it and left it there.

Again, the previous week on weekend (Saturday), I received an email - this time with my tracking ID for passport stating that the staff at Canadian VAC have observed my passport is still t the VAC and that I can call the shared number to have it arranged for a courier to my place. The timings are weekdays so I haven't made a call yet. Before I try again, I just wanted to shared here and ask if anybody else has receved it themselves or if somebody they know have got a similar communication? Again the number is Russian VAC and doens't match the number on Canadian VAC website for India. On replying to the them email it bounced back with an error.

Not sure how to validate or verify.

Last edited:

wondergirl88

Jul 19, 2020
In my opinion:
1. Yes. But the Canadian immigration is discouraging 'soft landings' for now. Probability is still low that they will ask hard proof, if you mention that you are moving permanently.
3. IRCC said, no need to raise webform if you are not able to travel. Just let them know when you can and they will send next steps. Most probably they will just extend the visa later.

Also, you don't need to go with family. Only the primary needs to go before COPR expiry. You should search for details.

Thanks, Aditya.

Jul 20, 2020
Is ur Copr issue date before March 18, 2020? I am planning to go next week. Tickets are bookef n it is a surprise. copr holders flew earlier also.
Hi, which airlines didi you book and to which city? We have received copr before 18th March and express in September end. Issue is that we have a 7 month old daughter so not sure of we can/should travel with her. Do you need to book 14 day quaratine facility in advance? Any idea IF PR processing can start remotely during that quaratine period?
Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance :)

Jul 20, 2020
Thanks, Aditya.
In my opinion:

Hi Aditya

We have received Copr before 18 th March. You have mentioned that only primary needs to go before expiry. Could you please please share any information regarding the same. The thing is I have a seven month old daughter with whom traveling during pandemic seems very difficult. Thank you.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hi
hi , I have raised a ready to travel webform and below is the reply I got from NDVO

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the High Commission of Canada in India.

If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document and you have not yet travelled to Canada and had your landing interview, you are still a foreign national. This means that you are subject to the restrictions and cannot travel to Canada until the restrictions is lifted. If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full service resume.

We recommend you continue to check with airlines / travel agents in case commercial flights become available post-lockdown in India.

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Migration Section, High Commission of Canada | Section de migration, Haut-commissariat du Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, India

e-mail: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca
Hi

Did you raise web-form or had sent mail to NDVO??

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Hello, do we need to prepare the list of all items that accompany us during the first landing? Or if there are more items to be sent in October-November by fedex, do I have to include them too?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi Aditya

We have received Copr before 18 th March. You have mentioned that only primary needs to go before expiry. Could you please please share any information regarding the same. The thing is I have a seven month old daughter with whom traveling during pandemic seems very difficult. Thank you.
No its not correct.All the applicants need to land before copr expiry.Especially in pandemic ircc has advised that all applicants should land at the same time.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hello, do we need to prepare the list of all items that accompany us during the first landing? Or if there are more items to be sent in October-November by fedex, do I have to include them too?
Prepare two list one for items you are carrying and one for the items to follow. The second list for items to follow is stamped by CBSA at the landing so that you don't have to go through customs clearance and all at later date.

Reactions: Captain789

navyasri99

Jul 4, 2018
Hi everyone,

Me and my husband have a COPR that expires in Mid August and we are currently based in India. As there are no international flights, we are currently unable to travel.

However, flights to US start this week from India. Both of us have a valid B1/B2 visa. Does anyone know if we can transit via US to Canada at this point of time?

I do know that US folks with H1B/other valid visas have been flying to Canada for soft landing.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Regards,
Navya