+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Its after September as per instruction!!!!
This 30th September date is for submission of paper based Temporary Resident VISAs and please don't connect it with the resumption date of VAC unless it is officially announced. VAC is not used only for Temporary Resident VISAs.

Reactions: crackMBA

auroragk

Apr 11, 2020
Successful COPR Extension Story:

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader in this forum since I started the EE journey in 2019. This site has been of tremendous help to me. I'm now posting for the first time just to share my COPR extension experience and timeline. I hope that you all find it useful too.

• Current location: Europe
  • VO: Vienna
  • 1st COPR: issued on 17.01.2020; valid until 17.04.2020
  • Obviously couldn't travel because of Covid-19
  • Raised webforms and emailed Vienna VO directly on 20.03.2020 and 15.04.2020 about inability to land before 1st COPR expiry due to travel restrictions and flight cancellations.
  • Vienna VO confirmed via email on 16.04.2020 that they had re-opened my file and that I should inform them when I am ready to travel.
  • Received email notification that my CIC profile had been updated on 17.04.2020. Logged in and saw that the status was changed from Approved to In progress.
  • Randomly logged in my CIC profile sometime in June and noticed that Medical exam was marked passed again on 26.05.2020 (no email notification received though). So this meant Vienna VO extended my medical automatically. But at that time I didn't know for how long.
  • After seeing in this forum different responses people received after raising "ready to travel" webforms, I decided to write directly to Vienna VO (without raising any webform) on 06.07.2020 and asked them to confirm:
    • If I am ready travel now and given that COPR extension is provided, am I exempt from the Canadian travel restrictions? Or because new COPR would be issued after 18th March, I am no longer exempt?
    • What is the new validity of my medical?
  • Vienna VO responded the next day 07.07.2020:
    • "Your understanding is correct that you would meet the Travel Restrictions Exemptions since your initial documents were issued before March 2020.
      We could therefore reissue the documents to you and you would travel with the old and new set of documents to prove that you meet the exemption.
      The new validity of your immigrating documents will be 17 April 2021."
    • In the same email, they sent me a new Ready for Visa/Passport request letter with the same instructions as the one I received before my 1st COPR.
    • On the same day my CIC profile was updated with this letter too.
  • Sent passports + photos on 09.07.2020 to Berlin VAC
  • Berlin VAC received my package and forwarded it to Vienna VO on 13.07.2020
  • Vienna VO received my package on 14.07.2020
  • Today 15.07.2020 Vienna VO issued my new visa which is valid until 07.04.2021 (I saw this when logging in my CIC) and sent it back to Berlin VAC.
  • Now I'm excitedly waiting for Berlin VAC to contact me when they receive the decision envelope and I will pay for their courier service to return it to my address.
So keep calm and stay hopeful guys, I trust everyone will get extension sooner or later. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing. At last, a concrete step by IRCC. Gives hope to all others waiting for extension.

Reactions: ltmcanada

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader in this forum since I started the EE journey in 2019. This site has been of tremendous help to me. I'm now posting for the first time just to share my COPR extension experience and timeline. I hope that you all find it useful too.

• Raised webforms and emailed Vienna VO directly on 20.03.2020 and 15.04.2020 about inability to land before 1st COPR expiry due to travel restrictions and flight cancellations.
  • Vienna VO confirmed via email on 16.04.2020 that they had re-opened my file and that I should inform them when I am ready to travel.
  • Received email notification that my CIC profile had been updated on 17.04.2020. Logged in and saw that the status was changed from Approved to In progress.
  • Randomly logged in my CIC profile sometime in June and noticed that Medical exam was marked passed again on 26.05.2020 (no email notification received though). So this meant Vienna VO extended my medical automatically. But at that time I didn't know for how long.
  • After seeing in this forum different responses people received after raising "ready to travel" webforms, I decided to write directly to Vienna VO (without raising any webform) on 06.07.2020 and asked them to confirm:
    • If I am ready travel now and given that COPR extension is provided, am I exempt from the Canadian travel restrictions? Or because new COPR would be issued after 18th March, I am no longer exempt?
    • "Your understanding is correct that you would meet the Travel Restrictions Exemptions since your initial documents were issued before March 2020.
      We could therefore reissue the documents to you and you would travel with the old and new set of documents to prove that you meet the exemption.
    • In the same email, they sent me a new Ready for Visa/Passport request letter with the same instructions as the one I received before my 1st COPR.
  • Today 15.07.2020 Vienna VO issued my new visa which is valid until 07.04.2021 (I saw this when logging in my CIC) and sent it back to Berlin VAC.
  • Now I'm excitedly waiting for Berlin VAC to contact me when they receive the decision envelope and I will pay for their courier service to return it to my address.
So keep calm and stay hopeful guys, I trust everyone will get extension sooner or later. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations !! Thanks for taking time to share.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
  • 1st COPR: issued on 17.01.2020; valid until 17 April 2020
  • The new validity of your immigrating documents will be 17 April 2021.
NOICE. :cool:

A very good move to give one-year extension, because if they gave 3 months or so, there is a very good possibility of plans being wrecked again by COVID events, resulting in a loop of re-issuing COPRs.

If this same pattern is followed, it'll allow people to arrive as quickly as possible into Canada if travel permits, or wait a bit longer (if their position at home country is stable) for commercial airlines to operate and stabilize. Many congrats on your extension and hope you can kick-start your new life in Canada soon!

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP

Hi everyone,

Congratulations!! and well done Vienna and Berlin VACs....This is exactly the relief people are looking here for.

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
How feasible would it be to form a group and book a charter flight (Random Thought:rolleyes:). Not sure about the cost!
hahahah this crossed my mind when I read about a couple who did the same thing when they wanted to return to their home country. They put a word out and soon enough they found tons of people who wanted to return too and they all booked a chartered flight. We'd find enough to fill one in this forum alone :D :p

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Hi everyone,

congratulations

Captain789

May 27, 2018

Hi everyone,

This is very valuable experience, thank you!

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019

Hi everyone,

Congratulations.

What is your citizenship? I take you are not a EU citizen otherwise you would not need a visa or am I wrong?

What is interesting with your experience is that it seems to go against the latest IRCC developments, i.e. giving people the green light to land ONLY upon applicants stating that they are "ready to travel". I guess your case was processed unilaterally by your visa offices versus general guidelines emanating from IRCC in Canada and being followed by all visa offices globally.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Congratulations.

What is your citizenship? I take you are not a EU citizen otherwise you would not need a visa or am I wrong?

What is interesting with your experience is that it seems to go against the latest IRCC developments, i.e. giving people the green light to land ONLY upon applicants stating that they are "ready to travel". I guess your case was processed unilaterally by your visa offices versus general guidelines emanating from IRCC in Canada and being followed by all visa offices globally.
He has stated that he contacted his VO for his "ready to travel" confirmation. After which his VO sent him the PPR. Not every VO is working proactively as his VO. So situation and processing time depends upon VO to VO but in the end extensions will be provided which seems a positive news. I am thinking of saving the copy of his extension experience to calm the people who are worried of not getting an extension.

PavD

May 20, 2013

Hi everyone,

Kudos to Vienna office for being so efficient and supportive .Congrats!! So happy for you!

swack60

May 20, 2019

Hi everyone,

Congrats.. Thanks for sharing the details! Great to see that IRCC is actively working on the extension.