+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Did you raise the webform before new updates on IRCC website (i.e. 10-Jul-2020 ) or after?
The reply you got from NDVO is response to your email or webform? because if its to email, it might just be the automated response.
The response from NDVO was on 10th July.
The revert was based on the webform raised to IRCC which they forwarded to NDVO .

Reactions: asohal1327

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
There is no new procedure to activate PR process atleast IRCC hasn't mentioned it either on twitter or official announcement. If you have a link please post it.
Yes US - Canada land border is closed to non-essential travel but you can fly to Canada. Soft landing is completely prohibited under current scenario.
Regarding extension process each VO is doing what they think is best based on the situation in specific country or region. Hence it's difficult for anyone to know if your VO will extend the medicals or ask you to redo them.
If you want to do soft landing or want to apply for extension is something you will have to decide on your own.
You can now travel as copr post 18 March is exempted from restrictions niw( from US)

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
As per below notice from VFS NDVO
Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada on 09 April, 29 April, 19 May, 09 June and 01 July 2020 applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on 01 July 2020 have extended this measure until 30 September 2020. All applications for temporary residence must continue to be submitted online via IRCC’s website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html ,

Does this mean the COPR extension will begin after September 2020, when full services resume ? That would be a total blow to expired COPR holders !!!

Manbirkaur23

Aug 27, 2018
Hello Guys.
Received following in reply to the raised webform-- "ready to travel". What do think about point 1 and 3? Do we have to have a ticket for traveling and lease document (the easiest one among three!) to establish the willingness to live and settle before the extension? Or these can be addressed during our travel upon receiving the CoPR extension?

===================================================================================================
Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.

2. How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
· proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)

3. your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
· a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC by replying to this email. We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
===================================================================================================
Hi
Did u update them with any details, like your POF or any thing?

ltmcanada

Jul 15, 2020
Successful COPR Extension Story:

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader in this forum since I started the EE journey in 2019. This site has been of tremendous help to me. I'm now posting for the first time just to share my COPR extension experience and timeline. I hope that you all find it useful too.

• Current location: Europe
  • VO: Vienna
  • 1st COPR: issued on 17.01.2020; valid until 17.04.2020
  • Obviously couldn't travel because of Covid-19
  • Raised webforms and emailed Vienna VO directly on 20.03.2020 and 15.04.2020 about inability to land before 1st COPR expiry due to travel restrictions and flight cancellations.
  • Vienna VO confirmed via email on 16.04.2020 that they had re-opened my file and that I should inform them when I am ready to travel.
  • Received email notification that my CIC profile had been updated on 17.04.2020. Logged in and saw that the status was changed from Approved to In progress.
  • Randomly logged in my CIC profile sometime in June and noticed that Medical exam was marked passed again on 26.05.2020 (no email notification received though). So this meant Vienna VO extended my medical automatically. But at that time I didn't know for how long.
  • After seeing in this forum different responses people received after raising "ready to travel" webforms, I decided to write directly to Vienna VO (without raising any webform) on 06.07.2020 and asked them to confirm:
    • If I am ready travel now and given that COPR extension is provided, am I exempt from the Canadian travel restrictions? Or because new COPR would be issued after 18th March, I am no longer exempt?
    • What is the new validity of my medical?
  • Vienna VO responded the next day 07.07.2020:
    • "Your understanding is correct that you would meet the Travel Restrictions Exemptions since your initial documents were issued before March 2020.
      We could therefore reissue the documents to you and you would travel with the old and new set of documents to prove that you meet the exemption.
      The new validity of your immigrating documents will be 17 April 2021."
    • In the same email, they sent me a new Ready for Visa/Passport request letter with the same instructions as the one I received before my 1st COPR.
    • On the same day my CIC profile was updated with this letter too.
  • Sent passports + photos on 09.07.2020 to Berlin VAC
  • Berlin VAC received my package and forwarded it to Vienna VO on 13.07.2020
  • Vienna VO received my package on 14.07.2020
  • Today 15.07.2020 Vienna VO issued my new visa which is valid until 07.04.2021 (I saw this when logging in my CIC) and sent it back to Berlin VAC.
  • Now I'm excitedly waiting for Berlin VAC to contact me when they receive the decision envelope and I will pay for their courier service to return it to my address.
So keep calm and stay hopeful guys, I trust everyone will get extension sooner or later. Good luck to everyone!

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader in this forum since I started the EE journey in 2019. This site has been of tremendous help to me. I'm now posting for the first time just to share my COPR extension experience and timeline. I hope that you all find it useful too.

• Raised webforms and emailed Vienna VO directly on 20.03.2020 and 15.04.2020 about inability to land before 1st COPR expiry due to travel restrictions and flight cancellations.
  • Vienna VO confirmed via email on 16.04.2020 that they had re-opened my file and that I should inform them when I am ready to travel.
  • Received email notification that my CIC profile had been updated on 17.04.2020. Logged in and saw that the status was changed from Approved to In progress.
  • Randomly logged in my CIC profile sometime in June and noticed that Medical exam was marked passed again on 26.05.2020 (no email notification received though). So this meant Vienna VO extended my medical automatically. But at that time I didn't know for how long.
  • After seeing in this forum different responses people received after raising "ready to travel" webforms, I decided to write directly to Vienna VO (without raising any webform) on 06.07.2020 and asked them to confirm:
    • If I am ready travel now and given that COPR extension is provided, am I exempt from the Canadian travel restrictions? Or because new COPR would be issued after 18th March, I am no longer exempt?
    • "Your understanding is correct that you would meet the Travel Restrictions Exemptions since your initial documents were issued before March 2020.
      We could therefore reissue the documents to you and you would travel with the old and new set of documents to prove that you meet the exemption.
    • In the same email, they sent me a new Ready for Visa/Passport request letter with the same instructions as the one I received before my 1st COPR.
  • Today 15.07.2020 Vienna VO issued my new visa which is valid until 07.04.2021 (I saw this when logging in my CIC) and sent it back to Berlin VAC.
  • Now I'm excitedly waiting for Berlin VAC to contact me when they receive the decision envelope and I will pay for their courier service to return it to my address.
So keep calm and stay hopeful guys, I trust everyone will get extension sooner or later. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations! And thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: ltmcanada

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Hi everyone,

Congratulations !! your story is ray of hope for many :)

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing all these details it becomes a ray of hope in our life. Appreciated & Good Luck !!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Hi everyone,

First of all Congratulations!!!!
Thanks a ton for sharing. We are sure that extensions will be provided.

KirtiP

May 19, 2020

Hi everyone,

Congrats! Hope India VAC to open soon