+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Qatar Flights from Delhi to Vancouver have two stoppage one in Doha and another one in Los Angeles.My question is whether COPR holders from India can fly to Canada through USA?
What dates do you see Delhi to Vancouver? US Embassies are closed so we can't get transit visas

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
How much time should I give for layover between Toronto to Vancouver? The best flight to Vancouver I can find is at 7 pm Toronto time and the Qatar Airways arrives at 3pm Toronto time?

Reactions: pkhare23 and bun_b

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
How much time should I give for layover between Toronto to Vancouver? The best flight to Vancouver I can find is at 7 pm Toronto time and the Qatar Airways arrives at 3pm Toronto time?
Yeah Qatar flights land at 3:00 PM even if it is late you still have 3 hrs.... As per my knowledge it shouldn't take you more than an hour to do your landing formalities and everything ... You can book 7 PM Toronto to Vancouver flight...

Reactions: SithLord

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hey, how long did it take from raising the web form to update in your login???? And how earlier (before the expiry) did you raise the request????

Also, what about the travel document update/visa section? Does it says document is expired????

Kindly, let us know, would be really grateful.
It took almost a month for getting response to my webform. Within 7 days of receiving my webform response, my portal was updated to "in progress". No document section is visible now.
I raised the webform exactly 2 weeks before my COPR expiry.

turbomau5

Apr 23, 2020
Ha! Good luck getting a ticket on one of those flights. You'll be robbed blind by Air India and furthermore, not everybody lives in New Delhi...what about us down south who need to get to Delhi to fly out?
Yeah good point....by the way what are the options for someone from the south to travel to catch one of the VB or Qatar flights? Anybody successfully done that?

• Wow
Reactions: pumpkin_latte

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Yeah good point....by the way what are the options for someone from the south to travel to catch one of the VB or Qatar flights? Anybody successfully done that?
This is based on the people who have travelled previously... You need to book a domestic flight and pay for extra baggage... Few people travelled previously with IndiGo.... You will have to call respective domestic airlines and ask them regarding baggage allowance...

NaveenT

Jun 9, 2020
A friend of mine had last month taken a VB flight from cochin to Toronto via Delhi and Frankfurt. He was charged 129$ for extra baggage by Air Canada from Frankfurt. Other than that, he didn't face any issue. Air India had asked him to pay upfront for the extra baggage in Delhi. But he stood his ground and paid only after reaching Frankfurt, directly to Air Canada

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Thank you for the clarification.
Your friend didn't intend to enter US ... He was just transiting through US ... However @mr1989 intend to enter US get a car and drive all the way to US - Canada border ... Two different scenarios...

Regarding CoVID negative test I don't have an official source other than what my friends said ...

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Nothing can ever top Parents! Bless you for the approach!

If I were in your shoes (which of course I know nothing about) I would likely:
  • Immediately raise webform for 'inability to travel',
    • reason commercial flights are banned, rescue flights are unavailable -
    • attach several screen shots of you trying VB flights, + other airlines / Qatar airways - unavailable
    • (please register on VB/ROCA if not already done)
  • If circumstances (financial and otherwise) permits I would consider:
    • Soft landing, and return back to parents (yes, that will be 2 weeks + 2 weeks of quarantine) less than ideal
    • Basic admin stuff such as collection of PR card / SIN registration - whatever is feasible online. E.g. if you have any relatives / friends might agree to provide their address for residence
  • This one time pain (health wise bit of a risk) might free you of a lot of mental stress
  • Most importantly, your parents will feel relieved I think, that their child's Canada dreams are no longer at risk!
:)
Hi,

I have 1 query. As far a I know ROCA is only for Candian citizens. I tried registering on it 2 months back but could not.
Also, how to register for VB?
Let me know if something has changed.

Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

I have 1 query. As far a I know ROCA is only for Candian citizens. I tried registering on it 2 months back but could not.
Also, how to register for VB?
Let me know if something has changed.

Thanks
No registration required for VB if you are going outside of India. Indians stuck abroad need to register for VB flights. Nothing is changed you need to book tickets directly from Air India website once it is available.

Reactions: crackMBA

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
No registration required for VB if you are going outside of India. Indians stuck abroad need to register for VB flights. Nothing is changed you need to book tickets directly from Air India website once it is available.
Thanks.

This what I knew. I thought VB changed their guidelines.
Do you have any info about ROCA? I think that is only for Canadian citizens and 3-4 countries that are exempted.