+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Mohit Mogla

Jun 15, 2019
Qatar Flights from Delhi to Vancouver have two stoppage one in Doha and another one in Los Angeles.My question is whether COPR holders from India can fly to Canada through USA?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Friend, I remember one of my friend went to Canada via US ( B2 / B1 holder ) recently but he did not carry COVID negative certificate and no quarantine in US either since he did not move out of airport. He landed successfully in Canada.

Could you please share the official link from US on such requirements. Will be useful.
Your friend didn't intend to enter US ... He was just transiting through US ... However @mr1989 intend to enter US get a car and drive all the way to US - Canada border ... Two different scenarios...

Regarding CoVID negative test I don't have an official source other than what my friends said ...

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Qatar Flights from Delhi to Vancouver have two stoppage one in Doha and another one in Los Angeles.My question is whether COPR holders from India can fly to Canada through USA?
You can transit via US if and only if you have B1/B2 visitor visa or transit C visa. The latter is not possible currently since US embassy isn't operational and aren't issuing any visa's. So your best bet go to Toronto and take a connecting flight or wait for normal flights to resume.

Disguised_Engineer

Feb 16, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please help me decide what to do.

I was planning soft landing in April, 2020. Bought tickets, booked accommodation etc. Everything was planned.
Covid-19 hit. All flights got cancelled.
My CoPR expired in the beginning of May.
I raised web-forms before and after the expiration to inform CIC about the situation.

Now flights are available but I have not informed CIC yet.

The problem is the 14 days quarantine after the landing.
I have to do a soft landing because I am unwilling to risk my current career. Moreover, the economy is in rough shape everywhere due to the pandemic. I do not think it is wise to leave my job at current circumstances.

What should I do?
Go and make 14-15 days long soft landing?

I am already feeling uneasy about losing my PR chance. I definitely plan to settle in Canada but not right now. What should I do?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hello everyone,

Please help me decide what to do.

I was planning soft landing in April, 2020. Bought tickets, booked accommodation etc. Everything was planned.
Covid-19 hit. All flights got cancelled.
My CoPR expired in the beginning of May.
I raised web-forms before and after the expiration to inform CIC about the situation.

Now flights are available but I have not informed CIC yet.

The problem is the 14 days quarantine after the landing.
I have to do a soft landing because I am unwilling to risk my current career. Moreover, the economy is in rough shape everywhere due to the pandemic. I do not think it is wise to leave my job at current circumstances.

What should I do?
Go and make 14-15 days long soft landing?

I am already feeling uneasy about losing my PR chance. I definitely plan to settle in Canada but not right now. What should I do?
If your CoPR is expired, you won't be allowed to board plane and finish your landing formalities. First extend your CoPR and PR visa, if required, then do landing.

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
My COPR is expiring on July 24, 2020. Couple of days back raised webform request notifying same to cic , also sent an email to NDVO.
No response from cic yet.

Thank you,

Disguised_Engineer

Feb 16, 2017
If your CoPR is expired, you won't be allowed to board plane and finish your landing formalities. First extend your CoPR and PR visa, if required, then do landing.
I raise a webform to get the extension right?

Do you know how long it takes to get the extension, and for how long will the extension be valid to land?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I raise a webform to get the extension right?

Do you know how long it takes to get the extension, and for how long will the extension be valid to land?
Your only option is to raise web form for being unable to travel and then wait for their reply. After that when you're ready you can send another web form for ready to travel.

Nobody has received extension yet. Even, the visa offices are not sure about how long it will take to provide extension. It's upto them how long they extend your medical and give you CoPR.

You can only travel if you have valid CoPR and is issued on or before March 18, 2020.

Reactions: Disguised_Engineer

Disguised_Engineer

Feb 16, 2017
Your only option is to raise web form for being unable to travel and then wait for their reply. After that when you're ready you can send another web form for ready to travel.

Nobody has received extension yet. Even, the visa offices are not sure about how long it will take to provide extension. It's upto them how long they extend your medical and give you CoPR.

You can only travel if you have valid CoPR and is issued on or before March 18, 2020.
ok, thank you for the info wick_sran.

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018
I am new in this thread. Can anybody tell if as COPR we have to register for Vande Bharat (to leave India) in advance.?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Posting a twitter reply from IRCC which many of us can relate to.

Most of us who are COPR holders were just a few days away from their travel before COVID19 struck & we couldn't travel within the expiry of the visa, after 2+ years of efforts in IELTS and documentation. Please understand our dilemma and atleast start the process of extension.
12:02 PM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/ChanMenon/status/1281113932506238976/likes
@CitImmCanada
·
18h

Replying to
@ChanMenon
Hi. We are unable to provide timelines currently. We recommend you wait to make travel arrangements until you have received authorization to enter Canada to land as a permanent resident.