+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

icanh

Oct 1, 2019
Hello, congratulations on your landing. Can I ask if Vancouver is your destination or if it was just your point of entry? What was your experience on getting off your connecting flight (if you had one). Thanks!
Thank you! Vancouver is my final destination for now, but I will consider moving to Toronto if I get a job there. Right now Vancouver seems like the safer city given the Covid situation.

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018
Nothing can ever top Parents! Bless you for the approach!

If I were in your shoes (which of course I know nothing about) I would likely:
  • Immediately raise webform for 'inability to travel',
    • reason commercial flights are banned, rescue flights are unavailable -
    • attach several screen shots of you trying VB flights, + other airlines / Qatar airways - unavailable
    • (please register on VB/ROCA if not already done)
  • If circumstances (financial and otherwise) permits I would consider:
    • Soft landing, and return back to parents (yes, that will be 2 weeks + 2 weeks of quarantine) less than ideal
    • Basic admin stuff such as collection of PR card / SIN registration - whatever is feasible online. E.g. if you have any relatives / friends might agree to provide their address for residence
  • This one time pain (health wise bit of a risk) might free you of a lot of mental stress
  • Most importantly, your parents will feel relieved I think, that their child's Canada dreams are no longer at risk!
:)
Can you please share,how can we register with ROCA/VB

Reactions: crackMBA

Uncle_Iroh

Jul 20, 2019
It is mentioned that 60 days thing is applicable from the day your application is reopened and not from the day your CoPR got expired.
@whyCorona Reading your posts and the exchange with @pkhare23 has me convinced that closing and re-opening case is some sort of an infinite CoPR extension hack! (Well, not really infinite, but 6 months to a year?)

Is that the consensus view?

I sit here stuck in US with an expired H1b as well. Lawyer is advising against relying on AVR.

Can't hard-land in one go, need to bring my two elderly cats to Canada one by one. Ideally I want to wait until the end of year to see if Trump renews the EO or whether embassies start stamping visas again.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends, I am in a huge moral dilemma. I got my COPR and Passport in March 2020 and expires on August 1st week. Even though I would really like to go, I am unable to get any seats on the VBM or recently the Qatar Airlines. One of my biggest hesitations to travel now is to leave my aged parents by themselves (they are very independent, but the situation is kinda stressful to leave them by themselves) and I am worried whether I will get a COPR Extention. I have not yet contacted the IRCC via the webform telling I am unable to travel (because I thought I could travel), but the situation has changed a lot in my home town and I am quite stressed on whether to travel or not. After a lot of soul searching, I have (almost) decided to not travel now and send them a web form asking for an extension. I know many people in the forum have similar situations and I am hoping to get some suggestions from some of you.
Don't travel, just raise webform tell them you are unwilling to travel in this situation. You will be fine don't worry. Take care of your parents.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

Shilpa D W

May 10, 2020
Yes, CIC profile was updated from approved to "in progress". I have no updates after the medical extension and did not raise any webforms to travel as home country restrictions are still in place.
Hey, how long did it take from raising the web form to update in your login???? And how earlier (before the expiry) did you raise the request????

Also, what about the travel document update/visa section? Does it says document is expired????

Kindly, let us know, would be really grateful.

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Since you have B1/B2 valid visa what you are saying appears to be doable. However these are few issues you will need to address.

1. As per US international travel ban dated 15th June 2020, people from China, Iran, EU and Brazil will not be allowed to enter US. Since that date we have become 3rd worst hit country in the world so make sure that Indian Nationals with visitor visa's are allowed to enter US. Just email US embassy and ask for clarification. Don't do it over the phone get it in writing.
2. You will need a CoVID Negative test to enter US. 3 people I know who traveled recently to US via VBM phase 4 had to get the test done before travelling.
3. Even if you were able to land in US you will have to do 14 days Quarantine and then proceed to Canada border to do formalities spend another 14 days in quarantine in Canada. You won't be able to come back immediately after completing formalities since that will fall under non-essential travel. You would be spending almost all the time in quarantine except for the travel time.

Friend, I remember one of my friend went to Canada via US ( B2 / B1 holder ) recently but he did not carry COVID negative certificate and no quarantine in US either since he did not move out of airport. He landed successfully in Canada.

Could you please share the official link from US on such requirements. Will be useful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear friends, I am in a huge moral dilemma. I got my COPR and Passport in March 2020 and expires on August 1st week. Even though I would really like to go, I am unable to get any seats on the VBM or recently the Qatar Airlines. One of my biggest hesitations to travel now is to leave my aged parents by themselves (they are very independent, but the situation is kinda stressful to leave them by themselves) and I am worried whether I will get a COPR Extention. I have not yet contacted the IRCC via the webform telling I am unable to travel (because I thought I could travel), but the situation has changed a lot in my home town and I am quite stressed on whether to travel or not. After a lot of soul searching, I have (almost) decided to not travel now and send them a web form asking for an extension. I know many people in the forum have similar situations and I am hoping to get some suggestions from some of you.
You'll have no issue getting an extension but you will likely have to travel before covid is no longer an issue. You could do a short landing and return home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@whyCorona Reading your posts and the exchange with @pkhare23 has me convinced that closing and re-opening case is some sort of an infinite CoPR extension hack! (Well, not really infinite, but 6 months to a year?)

Is that the consensus view?

I sit here stuck in US with an expired H1b as well. Lawyer is advising against relying on AVR.

Can't hard-land in one go, need to bring my two elderly cats to Canada one by one. Ideally I want to wait until the end of year to see if Trump renews the EO or whether embassies start stamping visas again.
Wouldn't count on unlimited extensions especislly if it is possible to travel from where you are.

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Friend, I remember one of my friend went to Canada via US ( B2 / B1 holder ) recently but he did not carry COVID negative certificate and no quarantine in US either since he did not move out of airport. He landed successfully in Canada.

Could you please share the official link from US on such requirements. Will be useful.
I just navigated the website and found the following :

The proclamations do not apply to U.S. citizens, or to any alien who is:

C (transit) or D (air or sea crewmember) nonimmigrants

Source https://www.nafsa.org/regulatory-information/covid-19-restrictions-us-visas-and-entry

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Friends , god forbid, what if a person catches Covid 19 while being in home country and recovers. Does he / she need to declare it anywhere during travel even though there is no symptom since they already recovered ? Of course, the person will have negative test report after recovery but is there a possibility of boarding or entry into Canada denied? Is there any indication to do re-medical in such cases ?

I hear that we need to fill in declaration forms related to Covid and not sure what is the implication.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Impossible to say if you require a long extension if at a certain point they may ask for medicals again. You will need 2 negative tests to assure that you no longer have covid. This is such a fluid situation.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Guys I had called ircc yesterday.The lady told that there is no change in my medical status or profile status.But they have placed a note in my file that whenever the applicant informs about ready to travel then the next steps to be followed would be provided.
I told her that I have already filled the ready to travel web form so she asked when.I told in June last week may be(though I had filled on June 4th... I forgot).She said then its too early for them to reply or take any action.So I need to wait. She also assured me again that files will not be closed ..its just the matter of time .
So I think we all need to fill the web form of ready to travel for them to take any action whenever we think we are able to go.They will not take it on their own.But yeah in India they may not respond unless vfs are open.
But it seems they are taking around 2 months to take action for any web form.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Guys I had called ircc yesterday.The lady told that there is no change in my medical status or profile status.But they have placed a note in my file that whenever the applicant informs about ready to travel then the next steps to be followed would be provided.
I told her that I have already filled the ready to travel web form so she asked when.I told in June last week may be(though I had filled on June 4th... I forgot).She said then its too early for them to reply or take any action.So I need to wait. She also assured me again that files will not be closed ..its just the matter of time .
So I think we all need to fill the web form of ready to travel for them to take any action whenever we think we are able to go.They will not take it on their own.But yeah in India they may not respond unless vfs are open.
But it seems they are taking around 2 months to take action for any web form.
I agree to fill up the ready to travel web forms by those with visa office NDVO. They will work only when commercial flights are resumed. In case, one doesn't fill up the web form they might not proceed and will cause further delay of atleast a month.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

SG_VRAJ

Jun 19, 2020
Anyone from Singapore who has received a COPR before 18 March and has traveled to Canada or planning to do so ?

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I agree to fill up the ready to travel web forms by those with visa office NDVO. They will work only when commercial flights are resumed. In case, one doesn't fill up the web form they might not proceed and will cause further delay of atleast a month.
Going by the current situation i don't see normal flights resuming for this year !! If they extend visa one will have to use the special flights only !!