+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Your File was processing at NDVO then how come IRCC can see your file and answer about your Medical Extended. I am asking this Question because My File was also processing at NDVO and when ever I called them they say that my File is at NDVO so they dont have access of File and not able to tell me anything .
COPR Expired --23rd April
Ready to Travel Webform --9th june
Please guide me how can I know that My Medical is extended or not ?
Good question. CIC agent has access to check your medicals expiry date, call and specifically ask him/her about your medicals expiry date, you will get to know.

Reactions: Godisguru

Prabhjot09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
As per IRCC 'unable or unwilling' to travel due to Covid is still an acceptable reason for requesting extensions. But it may or may not change once international flights resume. If India resumes international flights on Aug 1st and if most of the expired COPR candidates raise 'ready to travel', IRCC might not entertain unwillingness for the sake of their own convenience....or they might reasonably continue to accept unwillingness as a legit reason for extension through out 2020. The real answer is nobody knows except IRCC. However, being optimistic helps for our own sanity...But im genuinely optimistic about extensions, it could be a waiting game again but in the end we'll get em!
Okay..yes that is true....it is now wait and watch game.
Thank you.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
I just read this on the twitter page of High Commission of Canada in India

1/3 Cdns in India: BOOKING OPEN NOW for the final set of Canada-assisted
@QatarAirways
flights from #Delhi to #Toronto via #Doha. MUST be booked at http://qatarairways.com – NO SPECIAL CODE REQUIRED. Departures planned for 20:30 IST on July 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29 & 31

But on the Qatar Airways website it keeps saying no flights available
Today I spent early morning about 1 hr trying to find tickets .... After lot of tries I found 1 ticket at 1.33 lakh that too for 15 July .... By the time I could proceed to pay ticket price changed to business class 4.5 lacs plus ....and no flights after 17th July are showing available since the time that message was posted on twitter. My guess is once we approach 15th July they will open other flights.

Reactions: SithLord

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Now only one flight available for 10th July with business class costing Rs 5 lakhs. Smh
That's the case since today early morning only business class were available when I checked and all costing 4.5 lacs + .... :( looks like a cruel joke played on us

auroragk

Apr 11, 2020
Someone on the forum had posted a link for providing feedback to IRCC. Can you please post it again. I am unable to locate it.

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Just want to share my landing experience for anyone who is thinking to land during this time. My COPR got approved in Jan and it was supposed to expire on July 15. I flew in from Hong Kong via Cathay Pacific yesterday. It took an hour for me to check-in since they had to verify my details with the Canadian Embassy and because my visa was in an old passport (I renewed my passport in Feb but didn't update IRCC). The flight was quite empty with about 30-35 passengers max for the entire plane, so social distancing was possible. The landing process at Vancouver International Airport was very fast and straightforward, I wasn't even asked about my quarantine plan. The only blip is that today I noticed that my COPR wasn't signed by the immigration officer. I called up CBSA and I have to go back to the airport after my quarantine to get it signed.
Hello, congratulations on your landing. Can I ask if Vancouver is your destination or if it was just your point of entry? What was your experience on getting off your connecting flight (if you had one). Thanks!

sanketdalal

Apr 20, 2020
Guys, need some advise..

My copr got expired on 14th April. Raised webform regarding my unwillingness to travel and got generic reply from ircc. As I’ll be completing 90 days on 14th July, is it mandatory to raise a ready to travel webform before 14th July? Got confused coz of the following statement on cic website.

“If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.”

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Hi friends, got visa approved on 18th March 2020 but my passport is in a closed VFS. Is anyone in the same situation as me and if so did you managed to get your passport back?
Hello

I was in a similar situation so maybe my experience could be of help to you to get your passport. I got my Visa approved on 20th March. The VFS centres in India also closed around this time. I had not availed courier facility from the local Mumbai office, where I had submitted the passport. Once the lockdown was announced VFS just replied to my queries to retrieve my passport with a generic email. My calls also did not go through.

Last friday(3rd July), VFS sent an SMS saying (this is a gist) that applicants should compulsorily use courier, and are expected to make a call to their local centre with the number shared in the same SMS. When I called, they took some personal details. I was then asked to make a payment through a link that they shared. They said that I would get my passport in 5-6 working days. I received my COPR/passport yesterday.

In my opinion (others can check for themselves), VFS is working based on local conditions. So if local situations change, they would courier the passport to the said address. If I were you, I would check with the local VFS office to see if they are functional. I never check my SMSs regularly, so I could have easily missed this! But something make me check this one. The day that I got the SMS, their webpage still said that their offices are shut until further notice.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Hi friends!

Need some expert advice:

We are a family of two and are expecting our child next week.

Our COPR expired in May 2020. We both had planned to move to Canada on 24th March and give birth in Canada but due to lockdown, all plans failed.

We have already informed IRCC that we were not able to go to Canada and that my wife (Primary Applicant) is pregnant via a webform.

Now as the delivery date is next week, we are worried about what steps should be followed for new born's PR and how much time can it take for all the process?
Whether we should again inform about the delivery?

Plz advice

I dont know about the extantion
but i know about adding a new born to the pr application
my case
first the newborn has to get the CSQ which took around 3t o 6 months then we all got the COPR
and got expaired on 11 April
now we all are waiting for the extantion

but dont warry about adding new born its very simple and easy

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Guys, need some advise..

My copr got expired on 14th April. Raised webform regarding my unwillingness to travel and got generic reply from ircc. As I’ll be completing 90 days on 14th July, is it mandatory to raise a ready to travel webform before 14th July? Got confused coz of the following statement on cic website.

“If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.”
As per statement, 60 days waiting period is only applicable from the day your application is reopened and not from the day when you raised the webform.

Reactions: sanketdalal

mr1989

Dec 23, 2019
It's really difficult to find and book tickets, qatar is all booked can't find a ticket and other airlines are not allowing COPR holders. Is there anyone who can share their recent experience on the immigration counter once they land in Canada ?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Today I spent early morning about 1 hr trying to find tickets .... After lot of tries I found 1 ticket at 1.33 lakh that too for 15 July .... By the time I could proceed to pay ticket price changed to business class 4.5 lacs plus ....and no flights after 17th July are showing available since the time that message was posted on twitter. My guess is once we approach 15th July they will open other flights.
Disappointing :( its super hard to book tickets now